What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pollack of the Bengals (1 Viewer)

blake

Footballguy
I'm not seeing anything for him under my live scoring. He was ranked #5 by FBG among linebackers. What's the story here?

I'm not seeing anything for him under my live scoring. He was ranked #5 by FBG among linebackers. What's the story here?
I made the same mistake not doing my own research and relying strictly on the football guys rankings. Just got electricity and internet back on a few hours ago.Anyway, is this guy even a starter?

Homer here.I would like to hear why such a high ranking by FBG? Pollack is a guy that held out way to long to be a factor this early in the season. He's not an everydown LB and is a flat out liability in many more complicated situations from the SLB position.Thurman should be the highest ranked Bengal EVERY WEEK.Edit for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here were the FBG projections:5 David Pollack CIN (at CHI) 5 tackles 0 2.0 sacks 1 FF 0 0 1 PD 14.0I was going to post when these projections came out but decided to wait until after the game to so as not to give premium info out. But how do you project a guy that had a total of 7 tackles in the 1st 2 games and has no previous NFL history to blow up for 2 sacks, 5 tackles and a forced fumble? I know you can nitpick any one projection every week, but it's not like you are projecting Ray Lewis to have these numbers, but somebody who has no record of ever performing to these projections. Makes you question the whole criteria used to determine projections.

I don't subscribe but I have no idea why any sane person would have him ranked #5. To my knowledge he hasn't even started a game and likely only comes in on pure passing downs. Landon Johnson is the WLB right now and has been doing decent it seems. He will continue to start for a while I imagine because Lewis was pretty pissed it took Pollack so long to get signed and that set his learning curve way back.

David Pollack is the starting SLB and plays DE on 3rd down. He led the team in solo tackles the first week. I guess they thought he would get some sacks on Orton.

David Pollack is the starting SLB and plays DE on 3rd down. He led the team in solo tackles the first week. I guess they thought he would get some sacks on Orton.
He is starting? Haven't seen that anywhere.I was wrong about Johnson being the WLB, he is the SLB. Sorry.

Chicago had given up 5 sacks in 2 games, the Bengals had gotten 2 sacks in 2 games. So it seems to me going out on limb to suddenly predict him to get 2 sacks in his 3rd game ever.

David Pollack is the starting SLB and plays DE on 3rd down.  He led the team in solo tackles the first week.  I guess they thought he would get some sacks on Orton.
He is starting? Haven't seen that anywhere.I was wrong about Johnson being the WLB, he is the SLB. Sorry.
My bad. I think you are correct in that Johnson is starting SLB and Simmons is WLB.

I'm convinced thanks to you guys. I'm simply getting the highest rated OVERALL IDPs that I can find and I'm going to start them pretty much week in and week out and not live or die or almost even pay attention to weekly rankings.Pollack was brutal!Will Smith was also very highly rated as a DL (can't remember the exact ranking) and he wasn't great, but at least he got a freakin' assisted tackle!

Users who are viewing this thread