What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post-Combine LenDale White or Maurice Drew? (1 Viewer)

Which RB Will Be Better NFL RB In Dynasty League?

• Maurice Drew

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LenDale White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Baracuda

Footballguy
After Maurice Drew posted a 4.39 in the 40 who would you rather have in a dynasty league.

Last edited by a moderator:
After Maurice Drew posted a 4.39 in the 40 who would you rather have in a dynasty league.
Maurice Drew is about 4'3" tall. You're essentially asking whether you'd prefer Chris Perry or Darren Sproles.

Actually Drew is about 5' 7" and weighs 20lbs more than Sproles. But your perspectives are helpful.
Sarcasm down? At least we've seen that you actually have an agenda advocating on behalf of Maurice Drew then and this isn't actually a neutral poll? :bye:

As for me, I'll take the guy who will actually make it into the starting lineup (fair or unfair) as anything besides a PR/KR because he's not too short (like Sproles is) for NFL'ers to consider him for other work. Thanks for playing.

I am not a White fan, then or now, but i would still take him over Drew. As of right now, and i am sure this will change after the NFL draft, i would take the RB's in this order:

1. Bush

2. Williams

3. Maroney(he will shoot up to two if he goes to the Colts)

4. Adai

5. White

6. Calhoun

7. Drew

Drew clocking a 4.39 was not a suprise nor was it not a suprise that he is not quite 5'7"White will at worst be a 2 down back.

Drew at best will be a change of pace back and returner.

White is the clear winner on size alone

Tom

Drew ------------------------------------- Baracuda

White ------------------------------------- Rest of World

if you really believe this, barracuda, please trade me (if i was in your league) your 1.02 pick for my 1.13. Sounds fair since you think Drew will be better.

Actually Drew is about 5' 7" and weighs 20lbs more than Sproles. But your perspectives are helpful.
Sarcasm down? At least we've seen that you actually have an agenda advocating on behalf of Maurice Drew then and this isn't actually a neutral poll? :bye:

As for me, I'll take the guy who will actually make it into the starting lineup (fair or unfair) as anything besides a PR/KR because he's not too short (like Sproles is) for NFL'ers to consider him for other work. Thanks for playing.
Barry Sanders - 5-8, 200.

With Bush, White and Drew heading the class, I'm pretty sure that...

Pac10 = Speed

I am not a White fan, then or now, but i would still take him over Drew. As of right now, and i am sure this will change after the NFL draft, i would take the RB's in this order:

1. Bush

2. Williams

3. Maroney(he will shoot up to two if he goes to the Colts)

4. Adai

5. White

6. Calhoun

7. Drew
These rankings are independent of where they have been picked to go and based on if they all went to the ideal team for their skills:1. Bush

2. Williams (I'm tempted to put him at #1)

3. Addai (health issues, but he seems to have everything else)

4. White (reminds me of Barlow with his size and character issues)

5. Maroney (hands are a concern)

6. Drew (I don't think he's just a 3rd down back, good receiver)

7. Calhoun (4.60 at his weight raises some flags as an every down back)

Drew clocking a 4.39 was not a suprise nor was it not a suprise that he is not quite 5'7"White will at worst be a 2 down back.

Tom
I prefer White to Drew, but I still think you're mistaken. Drew is 207 pounds, which makes him heavy enough to be a full-time starter in the NFL. People need to remember that height really isn't a positive attribute for a RB.

Tom
I prefer White to Drew, but I still think you're mistaken. Drew is 207 pounds, which makes him heavy enough to be a full-time starter in the NFL. People need to remember that height really isn't a positive attribute for a RB.
Height is overrated, I agree. However his speed may be negated a bit as he jumps up to get the handoff. :) Tom

Actually Drew is about 5' 7" and weighs 20lbs more than Sproles.  But your perspectives are helpful.

Um, what are you talking about? I was being serious with my post, not sarcastic. You noted that Drew was 4'3" obviously was a joke, but he's only about an inch shorter than Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith. And your perspective was helpful in that you see Drew only as a 3rd down type back. He weighs way more than Sproles (and is an inch taller too), which is a fact. The poll wasn't biased. Look at the question I posted.

Wow, judging from the results of this poll I hope Maurice Drew doesn't have any family members that troll around here. 67 to 2 :unsure:

I'm not saying Drew will be all world, but why couldn't he be similar to Brian Westbrook who is roughly the same size? And is it not possible that LenDale White is the next TJ Duckett???

For those of you who think I'm biased, I happen to have White on my college roster (see signature below). I thought viewpoints might have changed about Drew, after the combine given he ran among the fastest 40s.

Do I think Maurice Drew can be more? Absolutely. We shall see...

And is it not possible that LenDale White is the next TJ Duckett???
Their running styles are not very similar at all. Duckett is a straight line runner. White has more lateral agility and is quite a bit lighter on his feet.

I'm not saying Drew will be all world, but why couldn't he be similar to Brian Westbrook who is roughly the same size? And is it not possible that LenDale White is the next TJ Duckett???

For those of you who think I'm biased, I happen to have White on my college roster. I thought viewpoints might have changed about Drew, after the combine given he ran among the fastest 40s.
Whether or not Drew is good or not doesn't have anything to do with LenDale White.He's still a monster, and he's going to be an instant every-down back. Think Jamal Lewis with outside moves. So, Think Larry Johnson.

Tom
Height almost irrelevant as there have been a lot of short RB's who have been good in the NFL. What I find important is for a guy to be over 200 pounds, run under 4.5 and have good hands. Drew has all three and his height is actually an advantage since it makes him hard to hit and he's so solid around the legs that it difficult to wrap him up. Other guys build like Drew:

Priest Holmes (5-9, 205)

Tiki Barber (5-10, 205)

Emmitt (5-9, 200)

Sander (5-8, 200)

Westbrook (5-8, 200)

Tom
Height almost irrelevant as there have been a lot of short RB's who have been good in the NFL. What I find important is for a guy to be over 200 pounds, run under 4.5 and have good hands. Drew has all three and his height is actually an advantage since it makes him hard to hit and he's so solid around the legs that it difficult to wrap him up. Other guys build like Drew:

Priest Holmes (5-9, 205)

Tiki Barber (5-10, 205)

Emmitt (5-9, 200)

Sander (5-8, 200)

Westbrook (5-8, 200)
Actually I disagree on height being "irrelevant." In fact, RBs that fall out of the normalized band [both too short and too tall] have little record of sustained NFL success. And more to Drew's issue...NFL GMs seem to have a stigma against guys that are below a certain height cut off...and 5'6" fits that bill. There's a belief these guys are too small to play every down and also have trouble see holes develop, as well. If you're 5'8"...height isn't important. If you're below that, it IS important [at least to NFL scouts].

I think Drew has a future in the league as a backup and returner for sure. But Lendale White easily projects as a franchise tailback in the right system.

Tom

Priest Holmes (5-9, 205)

Tiki Barber (5-10, 205)

Emmitt (5-9, 200)

Sander (5-8, 200)

Westbrook (5-8, 200)
Actually I disagree on height being "irrelevant." In fact, RBs that fall out of the normalized band [both too short and too tall] have little record of sustained NFL success. And more to Drew's issue...NFL GMs seem to have a stigma against guys that are below a certain height cut off...and 5'6" fits that bill. There's a belief these guys are too small to play every down and also have trouble see holes develop, as well. If you're 5'8"...height isn't important. If you're below that, it IS important [at least to NFL scouts].

I think Drew has a future in the league as a backup and returner for sure. But Lendale White easily projects as a franchise tailback in the right system.
He's an 1 1/2" shorter and 1/10th of a second faster than Ryan Moats who did pretty well last year. I agree that he won't be an every down back in the NFL unless he goes to a team like the Eagles that wants to use him that way, but I think he can be fine as a RB/WR hybrid. It's very difficult to compare him White who looks like he could be a stud or be a bust like Barlow.

Tom

Priest Holmes (5-9, 205)

Tiki Barber (5-10, 205)

Emmitt (5-9, 200)

Sander (5-8, 200)

Westbrook (5-8, 200)

I think the difference is that most of the recent star "little" backs (Quentin Griffin, Darren Sproles) have also been too light to be a full-time RB. Drew doesn't have that problem. At 207 pounds, he seems plenty heavy to carry the load. His lack of height might actually help him.

I'd honestly have to say 95% of you look pretty silly right about now. While some of you come off pretty well.

lol.

Looking into the past is fun.

I'd honestly have to say 95% of you look pretty silly right about now. While some of you come off pretty well.lol.Looking into the past is fun.
Good look. I love it how people criticize people on the board for their rookie rankings or slam them for trading their picks away. It is difficult to gauge success of draft picks.

I am not a White fan, then or now, but i would still take him over Drew. As of right now, and i am sure this will change after the NFL draft, i would take the RB's in this order:1. Bush2. Williams3. Maroney(he will shoot up to two if he goes to the Colts)4. Adai5. White6. Calhoun7. Drew
Ouch, while i moved Jones-Drew over Calhoun after the NFL draft, this ws still a pretty bad call. Especially considering i curently have MJD ranked as my 3rd dynasty back.

:lol: What a swing. I swear Lendale was at 90 the last time I checked. Guess he still has a few believers out there.

Users who are viewing this thread