What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post-Draft Bloom 100 (1 Viewer)

:wub:

Dexter McCluster, WR, KC - Something about McCluster in the KC offense just clicks for me. His exceptional quicks will get him open consistently and KC will make an effort to get the ball in his hands. The last player we rejected because he was too small was DeSean Jackson. I knocked Percy Harvin down few notches because he didn't have a true position. No it is not outrageous to compare McCluster to these two, just roll the tape.

I already have my seat on the McCluster hype train.

:fishing:
Im on board!!Its hard to get past his size, until you watch him play. He plays alot bigger than he is and has crazy quickness.

Hernandez will have trouble reaching the field this year let alone reaching the once again suggested potential 80 grab kind of season. Gronowski was brought in earlier for a reason and Alge Crumpler is a disciplined vet who can fill the blocking role. I also fail to see how Brady is the perfectk QB for him as he has never, ever locked on to his TE's and is classically a spread it around guy who has been blessed to have Welker and Moss the past few years. These guys are going high 2nd and I can't help but think it is a direct correlation to this site.
What Patriot TE has ever been good enough for Brady to lock onto?
What TE has the Pats ever drafted to be good enough for Brady to lock onto? Gronkowski makes this the third one in the past 8 years they have take in the first and we arn't even talking about him. It is absolutely crazy to have Hernandez at ten. Don't try to belittle my feelings on him because I disagree with the massive group think on this board. We're talking about a team that has missed on a great deal of picks over the last several years or should I ignore Chad Jackson, Kevin O'Connell, Laurence Mauroney, and Ben Watson?

Hernandez will have trouble reaching the field this year let alone reaching the once again suggested potential 80 grab kind of season. Gronowski was brought in earlier for a reason and Alge Crumpler is a disciplined vet who can fill the blocking role. I also fail to see how Brady is the perfectk QB for him as he has never, ever locked on to his TE's and is classically a spread it around guy who has been blessed to have Welker and Moss the past few years. These guys are going high 2nd and I can't help but think it is a direct correlation to this site.
What TE has the Pats ever drafted to be good enough for Brady to lock onto? Gronkowski makes this the third one in the past 8 years they have take in the first and we arn't even talking about him. It is absolutely crazy to have Hernandez at ten. Don't try to belittle my feelings on him because I disagree with the massive group think on this board. We're talking about a team that has missed on a great deal of picks over the last several years or should I ignore Chad Jackson, Kevin O'Connell, Laurence Mauroney, and Ben Watson?
cough second cough

cough second cough
My bad, still doesn't change my argument or my opinion.

Brady "locks on" to whoever is open. It's what makes him Brady. And grouping Watson with those other guys is wrong.

That Belichick drafted a pair of athletic, non blocking TEs in the same draft is telling. If it blows up in the Patriots face or not is secondary, it's an obvious commitment to roster mismatch TEs on the team.

Tackling Dummies said:
That Belichick drafted a pair of athletic, non blocking TEs in the same draft is telling. If it blows up in the Patriots face or not is secondary, it's an obvious commitment to roster mismatch TEs on the team.
Gronkowski is a blocking TE. He's decently athletic, but not nearly in the same realm as Hernandez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tackling Dummies said:
Gronkowski is a blocking TE. He's decently athletic, but not nearly in the same realm as Hernandez.
I wouldnt call him a blocking TE, "balanced" or two-way TE is a better label - like a Heath or Zach Miller.

No love for Shawnbrey McNeal?Since Mathews has durability issues, I was thinking he may get his shot earlier than expected as I doubt Sproles can carry the full load...worst case scenario puts him on track for the COP role in San Diego 2011
I should give McNeal a longer look, he can beat out Brinkley for sure, but Marcus Mason is a formidable opponent for the RB3 job. I do think SD will go back to the well in the draft or FA again when Sproles is gone, so I'm not sure I would pencil McNeal into that job just yet.

Brady "locks on" to whoever is open. It's what makes him Brady. And grouping Watson with those other guys is wrong.
Perhaps you would prefer Daniel Graham or the fact that they couldn't even identify what they had in Dave Thomas?

Anthony Dixon, RB, SF - Dixon's landing spot seemed grim at first, with Frank Gore entrenched and 2009 third-round pick Glen Coffee in between Dixon and playing time, but I think Dixon is better than Coffee, and the 49ers may well be preparing for life without Gore in 2012. In between now and then, Dixon can situate himself as the best back on the roster if the 49ers don't take one high in the next two drafts. He should be drafted in the third round, maybe even late second if you own Gore.
Disagree on the first point, Coffee seems to be getting a bad rap on this board. I think he's better than Dixon. Any facts to back up that statement about 2012?

thanks, enjoyed the read.

every team misses on a lot of picks; that's not even an argument. and you can't assume that things are always going to be the way they've been. florida wrs are terrible...until they're percy harvin. the steelers run the ball first...until the ben throws for 4300 yds. a 40 year old qb can't be a fantasy force...until favre throws 33 TDs. i dont love hernandez as much as bloom either, but with that stable of RBs they're throwing the ball something close to 600 times, and it is non insane to think that out of 380 completions the TEs will get 25%. it's not about what happened 4 years ago, or even 1 year ago as much as it is personnel and philosophy. ben watson's shortcomings don't have anything to do with hernandez. you may be right about him, but the analysis is flawed IMO.

every team misses on a lot of picks; that's not even an argument. and you can't assume that things are always going to be the way they've been. florida wrs are terrible...until they're percy harvin. the steelers run the ball first...until the ben throws for 4300 yds. a 40 year old qb can't be a fantasy force...until favre throws 33 TDs. i dont love hernandez as much as bloom either, but with that stable of RBs they're throwing the ball something close to 600 times, and it is non insane to think that out of 380 completions the TEs will get 25%. it's not about what happened 4 years ago, or even 1 year ago as much as it is personnel and philosophy. ben watson's shortcomings don't have anything to do with hernandez. you may be right about him, but the analysis is flawed IMO.
:)

I fail to see how it is flawed. I'm looking at the facts and what they say to me is that a 4th round pick at TE who will be competing for time with a 2nd round pick at TE and a decent, albeit, over the hill vet on a team that has not drafted well at the position or utilized it to it's fullest is not worth a late 1st/early 2nd round pick in dynasty drafts. I'm not wishing the kid bad luck I've taken him in the late 3rd and swept around and grabbed Gronkowski in the next round in one of my dynasties where I'm thin at TE. I refuse to acknowledge that having him ranked or drafting him that high is a smart idea. It does not make sense especially from a credible source who a great deal of people in the fantasy world look upon for advice.

Who in the heck is taking Hernandez in late 1st/early 2nd? :rolleyes:

I'm in a 16 team league with what I consider "less informed" owners and Hernandez just went with the 4.10 pick. Gronkowski is still on the board for me to steal.

No way in hell would I take a NE TE in the 1st/2nd round. That's madness!

While that's true, what makes you think Gronkowksi or Hernandez are any better than the two TE's (Watson and Graham) who the Pats have drafted in the 1st recently?

No love for Shawnbrey McNeal?Since Mathews has durability issues, I was thinking he may get his shot earlier than expected as I doubt Sproles can carry the full load...worst case scenario puts him on track for the COP role in San Diego 2011
I was thinking the exact same thing...

I fail to see how it is flawed. I'm looking at the facts and what they say to me is that a 4th round pick at TE who will be competing for time with a 2nd round pick at TE and a decent, albeit, over the hill vet on a team that has not drafted well at the position or utilized it to it's fullest is not worth a late 1st/early 2nd round pick in dynasty drafts. I'm not wishing the kid bad luck I've taken him in the late 3rd and swept around and grabbed Gronkowski in the next round in one of my dynasties where I'm thin at TE. I refuse to acknowledge that having him ranked or drafting him that high is a smart idea. It does not make sense especially from a credible source who a great deal of people in the fantasy world look upon for advice.
Watch Hernandez's film and tell me how that guy doesn't end up being a Brady favorite. He's a fluid route runner, he can snag a ball at full extension like a WR and has WR hands, he is rugged and tough and he has the swerve of a slashing RB after the catch, and he also finishes his runs after catch like an RB. He is going to be a beast after the catch with Brady's hyperaccuracy feeding him, which is also where Welker makes his living - catching everything and consistently getting good gains after the reception.This is an especially weak skill position class, the names you see after #10 or so really come down strong feelings about talent and quality of destination. Hernandez has both, and I also think his 4th round draft status is deceiving because it is based more on the dope smoking and his one-dimensional game than a lack of talent and production. The NE pass offense has made monsters out of Moss and Welker, betting on a pass catcher that lands in it can be very rewarding.The Bloom 100 is not a draft guide. I'm not saying take Hernandez in the first round, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have first-round value. Hernandez's game is ready-made for fantasy goodness and he landed on a team with one of the best QBs in the league, the combination is potentially combustible and it stands out after the relatively few number of sure things or special talents this year are off the board.

the part that i think is flawed is justifying your opinion based on the notion that they miss on a lot of picks and that ben watson and daniel graham turned out not to be studs. i think they've only taken 4 TEs (which includes gronkowski) at or above where hernandez was picked this year during the belichick era. it just isn't a big enough sample size to say they can't draft TEs because thomas, graham, and watson didn't have a greater impact. now if you're concerned that gronk and hernandez will cannibalize each other's value, or if you just don't like the fit or the talent, that's a stronger analysis, but that isn't what you wrote.

While that's true, what makes you think Gronkowksi or Hernandez are any better that two TE's (Watson and Graham) who the Pats have drafted in the 1st recently?It's certainly possible that Hernandez becomes what Watson could have been had he stayed healthy, but I just don't view the Pats offense as one that will generate big numbers at TE.

While that's true, what makes you think Gronkowksi or Hernandez are any better than the two TE's (Watson and Graham) who the Pats have drafted in the 1st recently?
Hernandez has better hands, runs better routes, and is more athletic than any of the recent Patriot TEs. He can get into the deep middle and exploit LBs who try to cover him. In terms of fantasy, Hernandez has much more upside than Gronkowski, in my opinion. Watson could have been a fantasy stud had be been able to consistently catch the ball. I thought (and I think most did) that Watson would be better than he turned out. He certainly didn't lack talent, but inconsistency did him in.

I wouldnt call him a blocking TE, "balanced" or two-way TE is a better label - like a Heath or Zach Miller.
I was gonna say this, Bloomk said it better.Also, Gronk seemed to have a huge chip on his shoulder at his press conference on day two. He really seems focused. I think he could be a guy they look to, especially if Welker doesn't come back all the way and even with Edelman.

Perhaps you would prefer Daniel Graham or the fact that they couldn't even identify what they had in Dave Thomas?
Daniel Graham is an excellent player, he's just not a big receiving target/fantasy player so people like you think he was a bust. Thomas is...what exactly?

in the first and we arn't even talking about him. It is absolutely crazy to have Hernandez at ten. Don't try to belittle my feelings on him because I disagree with the massive group think on this board. We're talking about a team that has missed on a great deal of picks over the last several years or should I ignore Chad Jackson, Kevin O'Connell, Laurence Mauroney, and Ben Watson?
Daniel Graham is an excellent player, he's just not a big receiving target/fantasy player so people like you think he was a bust. Thomas is...what exactly?
In college, Thomas had great hands and the ability to get tough yards after the catch.
I don't know if it was due injury but Thomas never produced in New England and quickly became persona non grata. Lot of similarities between Hernadez and Thomas IMO. I do think Hernandez is faster and looks like a better runner in the open field. Maybe he will succeed where others have failed.

I think Hernadez is over rated. There are plenty of WR's that should be taken before him. I am seeing Hernandez taken at the end of round 1/early 2nd which is way too high.

I think Hernadez is over rated. There are plenty of WR's that should be taken before him. I am seeing Hernandez taken at the end of round 1/early 2nd which is way too high.
I agree that is over rated. However I got him at the 2.08 of a 14 team league, so at pick 22 and that was about where he should go.

Users who are viewing this thread