What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post for Die Hard Titan fans (1 Viewer)

bigreese82

Footballguy
Kinney's value right now is probably higher than it's ever been or will be. It is evident for FF purposes and even for the Titans offense that they get Troupe on the field more. Bo Scaife has also proven that he deserves PT. The Titans kept a 4th TE on the active roster because of his promise and upside, Guenther.Last year Jolley was traded for some really good value to the Jets and he had a solid season before the trade but he isn't near the blocker that Kinney is.Of all of the TEs on the roster, Kinney's upside would be the least. You can easily pick up a blocking TE in FA or late in the draftWould love to see Kinney traded for a mid-round pick or even help at Safety or LBAny thoughts? :popcorn:

Id be all for it if the could pull it off.I think Troupe may be finally starting to get the NFL game and be ready to break out as the go to TE.

My guess is if traded he would be used in a draft day trade including moving up or down in the first round.Who needs a TE?Jags, CAR, CHI, ARI, Jets? (I doubt they would trade for another TE though and they still have Baker), BUF!, HOU, SF?, STL?, CINTitans do not have a 3rd this year (see Henry, Travis) but they might get some compensation picks for the FA losses last year in the cap purge - although I am not sure they get for players they cut.

A trade of Kinney sounds good in theory, but obviously you need a market for his services. While there are some TE-needy teams, I'm not sure someone would give up value for a decent-but-not great TE.EDIT: what the Jets were thinking is beyond me, when they could have drafted Heath Miller instead :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
A trade of Kinney sounds good in theory, but obviously you need a market for his services.

While there are some TE-needy teams, I'm not sure someone would give up value for a decent-but-not great TE.

EDIT: what the Jets were thinking is beyond me, when they could have drafted Heath Miller instead :angry:
What exactly was the Jolley trade? Didn't the Jets give up a 3rd rounder for him?I think the Titans come out better trying to replace him for a rostered player at a position of need instead of a draft choice. I think they might find a team willing to part with a 4th rounder for him. The top 5 rookie TEs will be gone by then

A trade of Kinney sounds good in theory, but obviously you need a market for his services.

While there are some TE-needy teams, I'm not sure someone would give up value for a decent-but-not great TE.

EDIT: what the Jets were thinking is beyond me, when they could have drafted Heath Miller instead  :angry:
What exactly was the Jolley trade? Didn't the Jets give up a 3rd rounder for him?
They traded their 1st rounder to the Raiders for the Raiders 2nd rounder (and some other later picks), so essentially they moved down 20 or so spots to get Jolley.It wasn't a total loss getting Justin Miller anyway, but they could have gotten Heath Miller instead of Jolley and Nugent (who they eventually drafted with their other 2nd rounder).

The Jets dropped down from the late 1st to the mid 2nd. There was some late round stuff thrown in as well, I don't remember on which side though.I don't think that kind of trade will be available, though - the Jets messed up.

The Jets dropped down from the late 1st to the mid 2nd.  There was some late round stuff thrown in as well, I don't remember on which side though.

I don't think that kind of trade will be available, though - the Jets messed up.
From April 21st, 2005New York City – The New York Jets announced Thursday the acquisition of tight end Doug Jolley from the Oakland Raiders in exchange for the Jets’ first-round draft choice (26th overall). Additionally, the Raiders will send the Jets the second round selection (47th overall) they received from the Houston Texans and two more selections from the sixth round (182nd from Arizona and 185th from Dallas). Along with the first round pick, the Jets will send the Raiders one of their seventh round selections (230th overall from Minnesota). The Jets now own nine picks heading into the 2005 NFL Draft (April 23rd and 24th).

I have been advocating this all along, and I think that the front office may be considering it as well. I indicated this in a post a couple of weeks ago -- See it here.

As some have indicated, I think that we get the best value by trading him for a player of need rather than for a pick. Or...including him packaged with a pick to move where we want to in the draft.

Troupe is clearly the receiving TE of the future, but isn't a blocking TE. Scaife is very capable at both and, clearly, McNair has confidence in him, too. We just can't carry 4 TEs when we need an extra player somewhere else.

Kinney will count 1.8mm against the cap this year, 2.9mm if traded if it all counts against the cap in this year. He is signed through 2008, so that would be a plus to a team that trades for him.

Kinney should be traded in the Lelie package
Are you meaning as part of the 3 way deal?I cant see the Broncos wanting Kinney.
I could...seing the Broncos put a premium on blocking...Kinney is a very good blocker and he also has some ability to get downfieldWhen looking at blocking and receiving Kinney is definitely a top 15 TE

Are you meaning as part of the 3 way deal?I cant see the Broncos wanting Kinney.
I could...seing the Broncos put a premium on blocking...Kinney is a very good blocker and he also has some ability to get downfieldWhen looking at blocking and receiving Kinney is definitely a top 15 TE
If he still has this, he hasnt shown it for a couple years. His weight is pushing 285-290.While Kinney is a very good blocker, they already have Stephen Alexander, one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

As SSOG and I discussed in a different thread yesterday, the Broncos' usually have 2 TEs, one primarily a reciever, one a blocker. Currently, they do not have a proven recieving threat.

While Kinney caught alot of balls last year, he didnt do anything that a great number of TEs in the league could have done with that many targets.

If he still has this, he hasnt shown it for a couple years. His weight is pushing 285-290.While Kinney is a very good blocker, they already have Stephen Alexander, one of the best blocking TEs in the league.

As SSOG and I discussed in a different thread yesterday, the Broncos' usually have 2 TEs, one primarily a reciever, one a blocker. Currently, they do not have a proven recieving threat.

While Kinney caught alot of balls last year, he didnt do anything that a great number of TEs in the league could have done with that many targets.
Kinney is not a game breaker but he has really good hands. He knows how to get open. I'm not sure whether his YPC were more of a function of his increased mass or due to the routes that were being run by the TEs and the defense sitting on those routes because of no viable deep threats. Kinney is not a great downfield threat but he is durable and can work the middle of the field. Maybe the Broncos don't need a TE to really stretch the field because of the addition of Walker. He would surely be an upgrade to Alexander in the pass catching department and when compared to another TE being considered,Eric Johnson, he's more durable. Kinney might be the best on the market...if he is truly on the market :D

but denver needs to get rid of lelie, the whole reason lelie is mad is playing time, not money, playing time. so do all of you titan fans really think lelie will be your #1 receiver. no way, you already are paying good money for givens and you have drew bennett. lelie will not go anywhere that he does not havea shot for #1.

but denver needs to get rid of lelie, the whole reason lelie is mad is playing time, not money, playing time. so do all of you titan fans really think lelie will be your #1 receiver. no way, you already are paying good money for givens and you have drew bennett. lelie will not go anywhere that he does not havea shot for #1.
what team could he be #1 on? He's just not a very good WR.

God the Jets are brutal.
I would not argue that point, except for when it comes to that trade. Yes, Jolley's first year was a disappointment, but I've seen him up close at training camp a lot. He has the best hands on the team, at least in practice. For moving down 21 spots, they got Jolley, Nugent, and with one of those sixth round picks took Cedric Houston. Justin Miller was the target with that first round pick they traded, but a silly noise violation a week before the draft, and an arrest, dropped Miller into the late second round, where the Jets got him anyway.

So, for a mere 21 spots, the Jets got a recieving TE, a PK that should stick around for a decade, and the backup RB, and even at that, still got the guy they had originally targeted at 21, Miller.

People bash that trade all the time, especially because the Jets took a kicker, but it was in fact, a VERY good trade. I still think Jolley has potential. Little Schottenhiemer knows how to use a TE that has enough speed to stretch the defense, coming from SD. Let's see what happens this year....

http://afcwest.blogspot.com/2006/07/denver...ions-at-te.html

Denver Exploring Options at TE

Denver's search for Jeb Putzier's replacement has been well publicized. Gary Kubiak wisely lured the former Bronco down to Houston to help implement his offensive scheme with the Texans. The Broncos are not satisfied with the remaining options of Stephen Alexander and Tony Scheffler. There has been a lot of speculation about Denver making a move to acquire Eric Johnson now that Vernon Davis is in San Francisco; as well a potential trade with New England to acquire Daniel Graham. At this point, talks with San Francisco and New England have stalled.

A third option that has not garnered as much media attention, but remains just as viable is a move to bring Erron Kinney from the Titans to Denver. Kinney has never been a stand out at Tennessee, but is still a reliable veteran with plenty left in the tank. The Titans also have two solid prospects behind Kinney and plenty of needs at other positions as they look to reinvent their team in the post McNair era. Things should remain relatively quite through July, but there is potential for a deal once the preseason gets going. If the Titans run into injury problems at a specific position that would surely help facilitate a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread