What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 2 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Jimmy G

depending on the severity of Conner injury
Eno Benjamin
Darrel Williams

Montrell Washington
K J Hamler, although he’s injured as well

I'd sell high on Tua if possible. Sure he has some WR talent, but that will likely be far and away his best game in his NFL career.

This is going to be an interesting thread for me, as on 1 particular team I have RUSSELL WILSON :wall: , DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES, DALTON SHULTZ , and lets not get into my carousel of ********* RB play. :excited:

I'd sell high on Tua if possible. Sure he has some WR talent, but that will likely be far and away his best game in his NFL career.

This is going to be an interesting thread for me, as on 1 particular team I have RUSSELL WILSON :wall: , DONOVAN PEOPLES-JONES, DALTON SHULTZ , and lets not get into my carousel of ********* RB play. :excited:
Some WR talent? Those two are sick. Might be the best tandem in the NFL.

That they might be, certainly in the discussion.
But I think we've all read the Tua book by now. If you think he will be a league winner, then by all means go and get him. But be prepared to pay full price, (after this game) and you have likely just seen his ceiling.

Okay best game of his career, sure. Half that would have still been a great game.

Are we buying on Garrett Wilson? That was a ridiculously improbable comeback, but he is a 1st round talent. Available in pretty much all of my leagues. I'd have to drop Julio for him. Feel like there might be more of a ceiling with the rookie.
I'd drop Julio for Wilson. Wilson looked very very polished today, and Julio just injured something as I typed this sentence.

But I think we've all read the Tua book by now. If you think he will be a league winner, then by all means go and get him. But be prepared to pay full price, (after this game) and you have likely just seen his ceiling.

So you're saying 469 passing yards and 6 TDs might be his ceiling? Way to go out on a limb...

Okay best game of his career, sure. Half that would have still been a great game.
Last year, Mahomes threw a 75 yard TD to Hill in game 1. Then none over 50 the rest of the year, and only 2 TDs over 40. Today, Tua threw 2 TDs to Hill over 50 yards, long passes, slight under throws. The defenses feared Mahomes and got safety help on many plays. In this game, the BAL secondary was banged up, all the more reason to get safety help, but they didn't. Again, with a clean pocket Tua is very good. Scrambling to the left, he is very good when no defender is in his face. He won't repeat today's performance, obviously, but this was the most Brees like game of his career, fitting many short and intermediate passes into tight windows. In the game thread, at halftime, @Ministry of Pain was asking if it was Teddy time, and I was saying, no Skylar time. We need to see more...

If someone has him on their bench as a backup you aren’t going to have to pay Mahomes/Allen value for him. If they want that you move on. I have no illusions that Tua is good but with those 2 you literally need to throw it up and let them get it.

Dalton made a career and a ton of $ out of having wrs that propped him up.

So you're saying 469 passing yards and 6 TDs might be his ceiling? Way to go out on a limb...
I think he has a couple 650 yard 8 td games in the tank. Fear the Tua.

Are we buying on Garrett Wilson? That was a ridiculously improbable comeback, but he is a 1st round talent. Available in pretty much all of my leagues. I'd have to drop Julio for him. Feel like there might be more of a ceiling with the rookie.
Definitely buy. He popped off the screen last week in limited action. I added him I'm two leagues before the games this week.

Goff? 10 & 12 team redraft he’s still out there. Especially if you can stack him with ARSB😎

They’re scoring a lot. His only 300 yard game as a Lion was WK1 vs SF a year ago, and that was garbage time in a blowout.

He hit one deep intermediate pass to Josh Reynolds for 23 yards. The other 19 completions were short psss in the game log - literally has one of the shortest ADOT in the league. No confidence to take a shot downfield, adds nothing with his legs.

That said, points is points. The last 6 starts or so he’s doing a decent job of not turning the ball over. Should be QB 12-15 most weeks, this week obvs much higher with the 4 TD passes.

There is no evidence he’ll ever get back to his pro bowl years of 2017 & 2018.

Colts suck. Drop anyone not named Taylor, Pittman, and to a lesser extent Hines.
I agree but i have to say that I’m surprised. I thought with Pittman maturing, bringing in Ryan that they would take the next step but they look like they’ve taken a step backward. I think they’ve become too enamored with Ryan instead of doing what they do best which is run the ball behind the best rb in the league. They are leaning too heavily on what looks to be a broken down veteran.

You have to get your rb more than 9 carries and when you need to score and you have the ball on 4 yard line, first and goal, you have to get him the ball…especially when Pittman is out. Just mind boggling play calls. I love all these genius coach’s…”they think we’re going to give our best player the ball so we’re going to trick them and throw to a really crappy player because no one will ever expect it!! Brilliant!!”

They will be losing in most games, so why not? He did look good. I have more confidence in him with Flacco though.

Likely had 5 targets at TE yesterday. Balt runs a lot of 2 TE sets. If I had Andrews, I’m trying to find a way to stash Likely.

Eno Benjamin?

Connor was hurt I think, Darrel Williams did an admirable job but I wouldn't assume anything if Connor cannot play next week

Colts suck. Drop anyone not named Taylor, Pittman, and to a lesser extent Hines.
I agree but i have to say that I’m surprised. I thought with Pittman maturing, bringing in Ryan that they would take the next step but they look like they’ve taken a step backward. I think they’ve become too enamored with Ryan instead of doing what they do best which is run the ball behind the best rb in the league. They are leaning too heavily on what looks to be a broken down veteran.

You have to get your rb more than 9 carries and when you need to score and you have the ball on 4 yard line, first and goal, you have to get him the ball…especially when Pittman is out. Just mind boggling play calls. I love all these genius coach’s…”they think we’re going to give our best player the ball so we’re going to trick them and throw to a really crappy player because no one will ever expect it!! Brilliant!!”
Taylor was getting 2 yards every time on first and second down, so the Colts couldn't run it. IMO the OL has taken a step backwards with regards to run blocking and haven't been very good at pass blocking the last couple of years. I thought they were better than this at run blocking.

Users who are viewing this thread