What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 3 Waiver Wire Pickups (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Khalil Herbert
Alexander Mattison

both probably rostered in dynasty, but mostly for redraft

Ty Chandler will probably be active next week, so he’s a possibility in dynasty.

whatcha got.

Last edited:
With my no1 waiver priority I really wish either of them were on my wire to help my sinking team. Never been 0-3. About to be

Herbert
Mattison

Presuming gone in many leagues so I'll throw in Perine & Jaylen Warren (if he was dropped back with Najee not missing time). Perine unquestionably looked better than Mixon Week 3 and would be startable IMO if he misses time. Warren should be getting more PT than he is that it's not even funny. Minimum should be COP back there. I believe both would be startable in event of injury to RB1 given belief they're clear backups that'll also have solid receiving roles.

Laviska Shenault? Was dropped in a few of my leagues and the Panthers finally played him. Marshall and Shi Smith haven’t done much either.

Mack Hollins

Sasquatch suddenly on pace for 79/1360/6 over a 17 game stretch. Discount accordingly for small sample size and a concussed Renfrow during his blowout game yesterday.

But still, like Doubs in GB, perhaps Hollins has opened some eyes on his own team and is about to have a breakout campaign. The Raiders offense could surely use it and if you watch his fourth and sixth catches yesterday, it's hard not to become a believer... Both were incredibly clutch plays - long fourth downs with the game on the line in both cases. It's a shame the Raiders couldn't finish what he started.

Every Mack Hollins Catch From 158-Yard Game vs. Titans in Week 3

Last edited:
Herbert is available in my league … because I dropped him :wall::wall::wall:

Had Kittle coming back but I wasn’t sure he’d be OK, so I kept Engram as in insurance policy and dropped Herbert instead. How was I supposed to know Montgomery would get hurt and Khalil would go nuclear?

Not even sure I can get him back now. I think Yahoo’s rule is that if it’s your own guy he has to clear waivers before you can pick him up. In any event, I’m pretty far down on the priority list after getting GWilson last week

Mack Hollins seems like chasing points. He caught a 60 yarder and a 48 yarder in the last 6 minutes, when he saw 7 of his 10 targets. He did start and play 68/70 snaps.

29 year old career special teamer in his 6th year breaking out?

Our wire is barren. Everyone mentioned in this thread (and the links) is rostered except for Hollins.

Craig "Netflix" Reynolds (after checking to make sure Jamaal Williams is on a roster)?
Brian Hoyer?
Samaje Perine??

Mack Hollins seems like chasing points. He caught a 60 yarder and a 48 yarder in the last 6 minutes, when he saw 7 of his 10 targets. He did start and play 68/70 snaps.

Our wire is barren. Everyone mentioned in this thread (and the links) is rostered except for Hollins.
I've grabbed Hollins probably 4-5 times over the years based on size/speed and he's never done squat. Think I'll let someone else do it this year.

Second the Craig Reynolds suggestion. Swift is great but Reynolds showed last year he can fill in nicely and be productive. Swift owners at the least should be jumping on him.

Got hockenson and higbee. Thinking about dropping hock for herbert and just rolling with higbee. Like his usage. Am I crazy? I am hurting at rb....

Got hockenson and higbee. Thinking about dropping hock for herbert and just rolling with higbee. Like his usage. Am I crazy? I am hurting at rb....
I would grab Herbert if you could... Montgomery seems headed for IR. I like Hock better then Higbee but could understand going the other way given what we've seen over three weeks.

I would grab Herbert if you could... Montgomery seems headed for IR. I like Hock better then Higbee but could understand going the other way given what we've seen over three weeks.
Where are you seeing Montgomery to IR?? Everything I’ve read today lists him as day-to-day. Do you have a link for that comment?

Where are you seeing Montgomery to IR?? Everything I’ve read today lists him as day-to-day. Do you have a link for that comment?

I'm seeing day to day as well

Laviska Shenault? Was dropped in a few of my leagues and the Panthers finally played him. Marshall and Shi Smith haven’t done much either.
Isn’t Marshall still coming back from injury?
Healthy scratch this past weekend. Didn’t help in Shenault’s first game he scored now too. He’s definitely down the pecking order but could do worse given he’s at least produced when given a shot.

I saw this blurb and may have read too much into it. As I read it again, it does sound vague and runs the gamut from day to day to IR.

"But beyond that bit of detail specifying Montgomery’s leg injury being an ankle issue, Eberflus had nothing else of certainty to share. In one moment, he called Montgomery day-to-day, opening up the possibility of being available for Sunday’s Week 4 game against the New York Giants. Montgomery’s injury looked gnarly, so him truly being day-to-day would be a pleasant surprise. But then, in another breath, Eberflus wasn’t willing to rule out a trip to IR."

Only half paying attention to their first game, seemed he was part of their 2 wr set and on the field more than Renfrow. Was also the pick of breakout player from the offseason by a few of the best writers iirc. Feels like this has been building for a while. Be interesting to see what happens with Renfrow and Waller next week

Wan’dale Robinson if he is out there or was dropped. Might be the last man standing beyond James in the WR rotation with Golladay/Toney out of favor and Shepard hurt bad again.

@adamlevitan

Zay Jones this season:

* 164-of-216 snaps (76%)
* 109 wide, 53 slot, 2 backfield
* 98 routes on 116 Trevor Lawrence dropbacks (84%)
* 24 targets for a strong 21.6% target share
* Low 6.8-yard aDOT
* 18th among 95 qualifying WRs in PFF's grades
9/26/22, 12:06 PM

Devante Parker? Obv hard to trust and now Mac Jones is hurt. But he did very well on Sunday.

‪@Underdog__NFL

The Patriots have attempted 21 passes of at least 20-plus air yards this season. Six of them went to DeVante Parker in Week 3.

Parker's ranks in Week 3:
2nd in average targeted air yards (22.1)
3rd in % share of team's air yards (57.1)
5th in aDOT (min 3 targets, 22.6)
9/27/22, 8:25 AM

Churning my #8 RB lotta ticket slot as usual. Out goes J. Mason, in comes one of the following in priority order:

* S. Perine -- Mixon a little banged up, quick Thursday night turnaround, has stand alone value anyway.

* T. Allgerier - Just don't think CPatt is going to hold up.

* J. Hill -- Looked better than Dobbins. Could have stand alone value as COP back.

* C. Reynolds -- Campbell likes to use 2 backs. Could help if Swift out a while.

Kenny Golladay with the trade rumors? Only in deeper leagues and only just as a stash to see how things play out.

Thinking about adding Jameson Williams. Lions O looking fruitful.
Given how barren the waiver wire is this year this is probably a good idea. He may not play until week 7 after his bye. I haven’t heard too much about his recovery but I’d think he would be slowly integrated. They may hold him out longer. I love grabbing dynamic players who have a wide range of outcomes including league winner. You never know.

Given how barren the waiver wire is this year this is probably a good idea. He may not play until week 7 after his bye. I haven’t heard too much about his recovery but I’d think he would be slowly integrated. They may hold him out longer. I love grabbing dynamic players who have a wide range of outcomes including league winner. You never know.
Yep. Long season basically. If you have the room..

Herbert is available in my league … because I dropped him :wall::wall::wall:

Had Kittle coming back but I wasn’t sure he’d be OK, so I kept Engram as in insurance policy and dropped Herbert instead. How was I supposed to know Montgomery would get hurt and Khalil would go nuclear?

Not even sure I can get him back now. I think Yahoo’s rule is that if it’s your own guy he has to clear waivers before you can pick him up. In any event, I’m pretty far down on the priority list after getting GWilson last week
I feel your pain brother. I dropped Doubs for Dortch last Friday after realizing that nobody had picked up Dortch yet. And yes, yahoo won't let you put a waiver in on your own dropped player (stupidest rule ever) so no chance in hell I get Doubs back.

The Lions were very clear when they drafted Williams that they would not rush him back from his ACL. They are hopeful he can contribute this season but they absolutely will not put him on the field this year if they have any concerns about his knee.

Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell preside over are most open, honest and direct staff in the NFL so I believe them.

At what point does Will Fuller start to get on the fantasy radar? He’s gonna get picked up at some point and will be the waiver darling. I’m all about the preemptive stashes.

The Lions were very clear when they drafted Williams that they would not rush him back from his ACL. They are hopeful he can contribute this season but they absolutely will not put him on the field this year if they have any concerns about his knee.

Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell preside over are most open, honest and direct staff in the NFL so I believe them.
This is why I think he has a wide range of outcomes. He may not play at all this year. If we do see him in the line up it means he’s good to go. I’ll happily take that chance. If we here of any set backs he’s an easy release.

Thanks for the perspective. So you're telling me there's a chance... :excited:

Our league's super exciting Waiver Wire, Week 4 edition;
  • WR Mack Hollins LV
    Hollins showed his Week 2 wasn't a fluke with a massive Week 3 that was good for the second best week by any wide receiver on Sunday. He is always on the field and defenses are going to use their best resources on Davante Adams and Darren Waller. Hunter Renfrow will be back to split the target tree further, but it's hard to argue with Hollins production to date.

• RB Justice Hill BAL
    Hill was explosive on limited touches and appears to be in a committee with J.K. Dobbins, who he outplayed in Dobbins first game back. Dobbins could knock off some of the rust, but he could also remain less effective than Hill and the same goes for Gus Edwards, who could return in Week 5. Hill is a speculative add/hold, but the Ravens offense is going to get more run lanes if Lamar Jackson keeps playing at an all-world level.

• WR Josh Reynolds DET
    Reynolds and D.J. Chark are both on the field for the majority of the offensive snaps, but it is Reynolds that is making more of his opportunities, perhaps because he has a lot more experience with Jared Goff. The Seahawks are up this week and Reynolds deserves consideration as your WR3/Flex.

• WR Richie James NYG
    James hasn't been overly impressive with his opportunity, but he is getting a steady dose of targets and has at least desperation play value. Kadarius Toney could cap James production when he is healthy, but with Toney, getting back to full strength for any duration isn't a given. James is suitable bye/injury/emergency PPR depth with room to grow on volume alone now that Sterling Shepard is out for the year.

• RB Craig Reynolds DET
    The Lions might be without D'Andre Swift for a game or more, so Reynolds moves up to the #2 back behind Jamaal Williams. He's just a what the heck flex against the Seahawks, but if Williams gets hurt, Reynolds will have significant value. This offense is helping the value of all of the players attached to it.

• WR Quez Watkins PHI
    With Jalen Hurts clearly making strides as a passer and the Eagles offense really confounding opponents, remember that Watkins is the team's deep threat and worth a desperation play in any given week. If A.J. Brown or DeVonta Smith go down, Watkins will be fantasy relevant, so he's worth a bench spot in deep leagues as an injury upside hold.

• RB Trestan Ebner CHI
    While David Montgomery is out, Ebner should be the backup to Khalil Herbert in a run first offense. Ebner is also an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

• TE Will Dissly SEA
    Dissly led the Seahawks tight ends in snaps and caught a score for the second time in three weeks. If you need a tight end off of the waiver wire this week, consider Dissly against the Lions.
It's such an embarrassment of riches I think I may just have to pass, lest I spend all of my remaining FAAB money.

Users who are viewing this thread