What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR/14-team league Keeper decision (1 Viewer)

General_Zod

Footballguy
So here is my keeper-league conundrum.
Typically we can keep up to 3 players, regardless of position.

We can, however, keep a 4th keeper provided they stayed on a roster all last season and use the draft pick they were selected with last year in exchange. So in yearse past I might have my upcoming 12th round pick if I had a reallly good 12th round pick last year in order to keep them. Roster with round selected last year or KP, or  if kept last year or FA if picked up as a free agent.

I have the swing pick (14:15, 42:43, etc).

QB - Alex Smith (FA) and Ryan Tannehill (10th) 
RB Aaron Jones (KP), Nyheim Hines (9), Benny Snell (FA), James White (3rd)
WR DeAndre Hopkins (KP), Robert Woods (KP), D.J. Moore (1), Brandon Aiyuk (8), Marvin Jones (4), Laviska Shenault (FA)
TE: Darren Waller (2)

I'm pretty set on A.Jones, Hopkins, and Wood being locks since they're the best players and not eliglble keepable as 4th keepers based on not being drafted last year).

So that leaves:
DJ Moore - using my first
Waller - using my second (equiv of a 5th/6th)
Tannehill- using a 10th (equiv of a 12/13th)

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
So can you keep Jones, Hopkins and Woods forever?  And whoever you keep as your 4th keeper then becomes eligible for keep forever?  This is key to know because it may lead to a different  choice for your 4th keeper.  Do you have to keep Woods or could you keep Tannehill and Waller with the round penalties instead?

In a 14 team (assume 1 QB league) it makes Tannehill a bit more valuable assuming teams keep QB's and the pickings are slim in the draft.  For me it really comes down to Waller or Tannehill.  I lean Waller but only by a small amount.  

I can keep those first 3 forever. The 4th I can keep in exchange for the pick this year, but after this season he's jsut like Hopkins/Jones/Wood. So it would be having to deal any excess and hope I drafted someone good (and at a good price) this coming year to be worthy of the 4th. Yes 1 QB league.

I'm leaning the same way. Tannehill is a nice bargain, but probably very likely to be there at my pick again. Waller, not so much, but then it would cost me the second of my first two picks to do so.

I can keep those first 3 forever. The 4th I can keep in exchange for the pick this year, but after this season he's jsut like Hopkins/Jones/Wood. So it would be having to deal any excess and hope I drafted someone good (and at a good price) this coming year to be worthy of the 4th. Yes 1 QB league.

I'm leaning the same way. Tannehill is a nice bargain, but probably very likely to be there at my pick again. Waller, not so much, but then it would cost me the second of my first two picks to do so.

You didn't answer about dropping Woods and keeping two guys with round losses to get them to be forever keepers?  Woods is a nice player but not someone I would want taking up one of my three precious forever keepers.  I would try and upgrade that if possible with Waller/Tannehill and it would even bring Moore into the mix for that.  

I could indeed keep Waller or Tannehill or even Moore instead of Woods as a forever keeper and use the round keeper on one of the others. For instance, i could keep Waller, keep my 2nd round pick, and then lose my tenth in exchange for keeping Tannehill. Woods, at 29, certainly isn't at dynasty age must-keeper level anymore, but a nice pick for PPR leagues on a one-year basis. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread