What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Redraft ROS Flex (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
I'm looking to optimize my flex position for weeks 15 and 16 for our fantasy playoffs. I finished the season as the #2 seed, so I have a week 14 bye, hence why I'm only concerned with the last two weeks of the year. I have roster restrictions where I may essentially carry up to 4 of either WR or RB, but the other must be three, hence where flex is more like a WR3 or an RB3 on most rosters.

Current roster (starters bolded):

QB: Carson Wentz, Aaron Rodgers

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Samaje Perine, Dion Lewis (starting at Flex)

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Golden Tate, Robert Woods

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Greg Olsen

Starting requirements:

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/R/T Flex

On the wire: Sterling Shepard, Rex Burkhead

I'm tempted to drop Woods and possibly even Perine to go after the two waiver wire guys, but am mostly thinking about dropping Woods for Shepard with Eli back as the starter. If I were to consider dropping Perine for Burkhead I'd also have 3 starting Patriots and I'm not sure that's a great idea, especially with Pittsburgh coming up in week 15. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Perine as a flex.  Burkhead looks great, but its hard to trust a Pats RB to be consistent with the way they use them.  

You're correct that Zeke will be back week 16 and it's likely I'd pick Perine as a Flex then. In week 15 though, no Zeke, so I have to choose between Lewis, Woods, Shepard, or Burkhead. For all we know one of those four could explode and be a week 15 and 16 starter at flex too. I'm trying to hedge my bets.

Thanks for your help...

I read that Woods would be back by Week 15 at the soonest, so as well as he's done when healthy I'd be willing to drop him.  I own Burkhead and he's been great as this year's Gillislee, but having 2 Pats RBs would worry me as well.  I don't think you can afford to drop Perine for Burkhead, even though Burkhead may continue being that TD vulture.

I think Shepard for Woods would give you stronger depth, since Woods sounds like he won't be back to 100% trustworthiness.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread