What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Predict the week one waiver wire darling (1 Viewer)

No, I would not take him as my only TE. Although, in my first draft of this year I missed out on the TE run and drafted Ebron. With my second to last pick I grabbed Engram. He has been lining up all over the place, including, quite a bit in the slot. I think he could put up similar numbers to what Shep did last year and perhaps even a tad better.

Edit to add: not to mention he should be a huge red zone target.
I drafted him late in a couple of my ffpc drafts where there's a premium on TEs(1.5ppr). I was actually surprised he was going so late given that he's looked like Jordan Reed during preseason action and people usually reach on TEs even when it doesn't make sense from a ppg standpoint. I don't think he can realistically command a Reed like target share but who knows, maybe the wheels fall of Marshall and the pie becomes larger. I really like his upside regardless.

John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a "Ka'imi" Fairbairn

The Texans were second in the league in field goal attempts last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the WTF department (because it seems like there are always a couple of those Week 1) Chris Ivory. Strange as it is to say, it looks like he may be the healthiest of the Jags backs. If Fournette's foot is worse than people think and/or aggravated?  :unsure:

But is he going to get those snaps?
Advice: The Giants contiuned to use Engram in an every-down role, giving him snaps both in-line and out wide. Engram had an end-zone target on the Giants' second drive, but couldn't come down with it. Already a good route runner, Engram has made strides with his blocking. Engram has good scoring upside as one of Eli Manning's top red-zone options.

(Rotoworld.com)

Didn't read the whole post but Charles Clay (who I'm starting) will get 5-8 catches and at least 45 yards.  

Top 10 ppr deep sleeper at TE

look at the targets from pre-season.  Your welcome 

Carson no longer available in any of my FFPC leagues

he went for 3%~10% in the roughly 10 FFPC leagues I'm in
In ffpc leagues he's a no brainer own because the benches are so deep. As much as I like him, in regular sized leagues he's tougher to hold onto. It could take a while for that backfeild to sort itself out.

No clue how often he's being drafted, but Coby Fleener is available in my local league.  I can see him start strong, especially with Snead out.

Awful. Clumsy  terrible blocker. At least a year away . Bad pick by Bears in 2nd round 
Can't speak for his blocking because I have only seen him in a few plays. But he is a giant out there and seems to just glide around. He's started slow like most TEs, but I see the potential and think it's too early to call it a bad pick.

A bad pick to take in the second round. Taking a guy that raw and far away from being a contributor is just dumb. 

Fair enough, but I will stick with LAR TE.  One of them is playing the JReed role.
Correct me if I'm wrong but since when has a Ram TE been  fantasy relevant?  Jared Cook had 50 receptions 600+ yds and 5 TDs in 2013, so that is about it.  Lance Kendricks was good for about 25 catches and 250+ yds in 2014 and 2015 and a whopping 50 rec / 500 / 2 last year.   Goff is a big question mark as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong but since when has a Ram TE been  fantasy relevant?  Jared Cook had 50 receptions 600+ yds and 5 TDs in 2013, so that is about it.  Lance Kendricks was good for about 25 catches and 250+ yds in 2014 and 2015 and a whopping 50 rec / 500 / 2 last year.   Goff is a big question mark as well. 
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have a new head coach and a new coaching staff?

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't they have a new head coach and a new coaching staff?
Sean McVay liked using his TE's when he was OC of the Redskins. He said that he will call the plays with the Rams for now. He was also the one who wanted to draft Everett. McVay was also the TE's coach for the Skins before he became the OC. He groomed Reed. I think the TE's will be relevant for the Rams this year.

Users who are viewing this thread