What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preferred 3RR draft spot this year? (1 Viewer)

Where do you want to draft in a 3RR?

• 1-3

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 7-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-12

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

meyerj31

Footballguy
Now that we looked at normal drafts... where do people want to draft in a 3RR?

1st pick would be 1.01/2.12/3.12/4.01/5.12/6.01 ... etc.

I have draft choice in a $500 league and debating where I want to pick.  Likely will take a top 3 but I'm not really liking the 4th/5th turn that much. 

Meanwhile, if you go 12th, you can get two great RBs like Fournette/Cook and still get a solid WR at the 3.01 like Hilton ... then likely go WR/WR at the 4.12/5.01.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like there's a massive drop off after the 2.09 when Freeman/Evans/Green are gone. The next guys are Mixon/Gronk/Howard/McKinnon.

Currently thinking about going 1.05 - can still get a stud RB (though it will probably be Barkley) and get a solid WR1 at the 2.09 like Evans/Green. 

It’s probably just me, but I have no idea what a 3RR draft is? I would normally read that and think 3 round rookie...but that’s clearly not the case here. 

It’s probably just me, but I have no idea what a 3RR draft is? I would normally read that and think 3 round rookie...but that’s clearly not the case here. 
3rd Round Reversal. Like a snake draft but reverse the order in the 3rd round. It’s been argued that the top picks are too valuable in regular snake drafts and this is a relatively popular attempt to level the playing field. 

3rd Round Reversal. Like a snake draft but reverse the order in the 3rd round. It’s been argued that the top picks are too valuable in regular snake drafts and this is a relatively popular attempt to level the playing field. 

Right ... very common in anything bigger money ($300-$1k buyins).

1st pick - 1.01/2.12/3.12/4.01/5.12/6.01

5th pick - 1.05/2.08/3.08/4.05/5.08/6.05 

12th pick 1.12/2.01/3.01/4.12/5.01/6.12 

..etc

It's common for people to want the 12th pick over the 1st pick because you get two studs and then pick again at the beginning of the 3rd... plus bookend picks at the back of the 4th. 

This year you can get two stud RBs (like Fournette/Cook/Gordon) and still get three good WRs at the next three picks. 

Now that we looked at normal drafts... where do people want to draft in a 3RR?

1st pick would be 1.01/2.12/3.12/4.01/5.12/6.01 ... etc.

I have draft choice in a $500 league and debating where I want to pick.  Likely will take a top 3 but I'm not really liking the 4th/5th turn that much. 

Meanwhile, if you go 12th, you can get two great RBs like Fournette/Cook and still get a solid WR at the 3.01 like Hilton ... then likely go WR/WR at the 4.12/5.01.
please say if this is ppr or standard.  makes a huge difference in what draft spot is best this year in 3rr

Feel free to comment on either.  My league is full-PPR... 1/2/3/1 + 1 flex.
ya, just gets messy when not being specific. 

In standard I still say top 4 even with 3RR.  Those 4 rbs are simply too good/safe.

In PPR I like top 7, as Kamara/Brown/Hopkins get big boosts in PPR and put them in that top tier with those 4 rbs i believe.  So pick 6 and 7 are great in a PPR 3RR.  Also really like 10/11/12 in PPR 3RR as it can net you 2 of OBJ/Julio/Allen/Cook/Hunt/Fournette.  THat's a great start considering you get a top pick in the 3rd round to grab another WR.

8 and 9 just suck in all formats.

6th- get either kamara or gordon(not a fan of 1st round Wr or Barkley there) then in 2nd Freeman or McKinnon (AJ green fall back option - not a MCCaffrey fan here)... 

this above is PPR 

6th- get either kamara or gordon(not a fan of 1st round Wr or Barkley there) then in 2nd Freeman or McKinnon (AJ green fall back option - not a MCCaffrey fan here)... 

this above is PPR 
Gordon or Barkley at 6 in PPR?  Their PPR ADPs are around 1.10, so would think 10 would be a better spot given you could get a much better pick in the 2nd round (drop off after around top 15), and also a much better pick in the 3rd round, and still get one of the 2 guys you are targetting.

I’m saying no on Barkley in round 1.  I’d go Kamara if top 4 RBs gone then Gordon over any WR due to scariciy at position. I use ADP as guide but my own rankings first 

I’m saying no on Barkley in round 1.  I’d go Kamara if top 4 RBs gone then Gordon over any WR due to scariciy at position. I use ADP as guide but my own rankings first 
Ah I misread on Barkley my bad.  But if you do like Gordon a lot and it seems you do (nothing at all wrong with liking a guy above his adp), then nab pick 10 in 3rr ppr and take him there and get much better 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Users who are viewing this thread