What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Priest and LJ to split carries? (1 Viewer)

This was already discussed a few weeks ago. Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10. Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.Nothing to see here. Move along.....

Not a chiefs homer, but I am a priest/larry owner and I am not worried at all. Priest will get his touches and put up his huge #'s like he always does. Don't sweat it.

I don't understand the confusion concerning LJ and Priest. Pretend that you are coach of KC, would you think about LJ sitting on the bench most of the game after his performance last year? Also, you know that Priest has broken down in the past so would it make sense to give him all the carries? If you throw LOGIC into this situation, no way should LJ sit on the bench or not contribute. Plus, there is always the chance when LJ is in there him scoring. I don't own Priest in any leagues but make a strong effort in getting LJ who is a solid Flex position and really think they will give him more carries that many people think he will get.

This was already discussed a few weeks ago. Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10. Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Nothing to see here. Move along.....
Yep. Keep telling yourself that...

This was already discussed a few weeks ago. Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10. Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

People are forgetting that when LJ gets his touches he has a very realistic chance of breaking off a long TD. I think too many people assume that LJ will get few carries and all of them far from their goal line.

PLEASE...Once the priest gets on the field and does what he does best l.j will get table scraps and this talk will all be forgotten. :boxing:

This was already discussed a few weeks ago.  Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10.  Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Nothing to see here.  Move along.....
Usual 5 digit member response

People who only drafted Holmes are really hoping he gets most of the touches and approaches his past form.People who only drafted LJ are hoping he gets 1/3 to 1/2 the RB touches this year.People who drafted both just hope there's a clear-cut starter getting most of the touches.And there's no self-interest in any of these posts. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
People who only drafted Holmes are really hoping he gets most of the touches and approaches his past form.

People who only drafted LJ are hoping he gets 1/3 to 1/2 the RB touches this year.

People who drafted both just hope there's a clear-cut starter getting most of the touches.

And there's no self-interest in any of these posts. :)
as an lj owner, i'd rather have priest get all the touches, so he wears down faster. because i drafted lj to be priest lite, not warrick dunn.

This was already discussed a few weeks ago.  Holmes will get the bulk of the carries (20 to 25) and LJ will get 8 to 10.  Even if it is 50/50, Holmes will still get the paydirt carries.

Bristol, although I agree with your thinking in this thread. It is diminished by the 5 digit comment. You have good takes usually but this smells of arrogance.Just because someone is new to this board, doesn't mean they are new to FF. Now, if this speaks to the abbreviated response, then yes, they need to qualify their opinion. But, I see all too often a non-5 digit member do the exact same thing.

I'm climbing off the soapbox. No ill will intended.

I am a "5 digit member" and a regular poster.

Bristol, although I agree with your thinking in this thread. It is diminished by the 5 digit comment. You have good takes usually but this smells of arrogance.Just because someone is new to this board, doesn't mean they are new to FF. Now, if this speaks to the abbreviated response, then yes, they need to qualify their opinion. But, I see all too often a non-5 digit member do the exact same thing.

I am a "5 digit member" and a regular poster. :)

Umm, this was pretty much known a long time ago...about a 70/30 carry split between Priest and LJ was pretty much what has been assumed.

I am a "5 digit member" and a regular poster.
Good stuff PizzaTyme.All I'm saying-You probably spent a top 5 pick on Priest and a 5th or 6th rounder on LJ (if you handcuffed him). If they do indeed "alternate series" as Jaworski stated, it would be tough for one of them to produce enough to justify those selections. That's not good news no matter how you spin it.

But really-the only one who really knows how this will shake out is Vermeil. We'll see what happens..

If Priest Gets 70% of the carries then the LJ owners benefit the most, as Priest will be injured or wear down F A S T!There is only one RB in KC and he doesnt go to church...

If Priest Gets 70% of the carries then the LJ owners benefit the most, as Priest will be injured or wear down F A S T!

There is only one RB in KC and he doesnt go to church...
Apparently there is only one RB from KC on your fantasy team.

People who only drafted Holmes are really hoping he gets most of the touches and approaches his past form.

People who only drafted LJ are hoping he gets 1/3 to 1/2 the RB touches this year.

People who drafted both just hope there's a clear-cut starter getting most of the touches.

And there's no self-interest in any of these posts. :)
:thumbup: I hate it when logical discussion mutates into hopeful speculation.

All I'm saying-You probably spent a top 5 pick on Priest and a 5th or 6th rounder on LJ (if you handcuffed him). If they do indeed "alternate series" as Jaworski stated, it would be tough for one of them to produce enough to justify those selections. That's not good news no matter how you spin it. Considering how many 5th/6th round picks will be major disappointments, it's not hard to justify at all. I can't tell you how many WR2 picks I've made over the years in these rounds that don't make my lineup after week 2. Wasn't hard for me to do at all, especially seeing the players that were taken after my pick.

Agreed Pizza.I always wondered why someone thinks they're smarter just because they found this site first.

As a Priest Holmes owner I am not worried about L.J., I am more concerned about the Chiefs missing 3 starting Offensive lineman. :no:

Mort just reported that KC staff secretly thinks LJ is top 10 RB right now. If true, no way he won't be a sig key to their offense.

Mort just reported that KC staff secretly thinks LJ is top 10 RB right now. If true, no way he won't be a sig key to their offense.
Nice way to report half the story. He also said that LJ would spell Holmes when Holmes physically needed him to. Report the whole thing or nothing at all.

Agreed Pizza.I always wondered why someone thinks they're smarter just because they found this site first.
Obviously, neither of you have been around long enough to realize that it is said tongue in cheek. Get over yourselves....

Today's bellyaching threads if LJ gets a.) more carries that expected and/or b.) scores more FP than PriestO/U = 9

But Priest is top 5.
He didn't say that but hard to argue if Priest can stay healthy. The point is that you MUST run em both.

Obviously, neither of you have been around long enough to realize that it is said tongue in cheek. Get over yourselves....
Funny thing is that you've said the EXACT same thing in more than one post today! If it is so tongue in cheek, then why not just keep your tongue in your cheek!Because you add nothing to the post with that crap!

<<< a typical 5 digit poster!

Nice way to report half the story. He also said that LJ would spell Holmes when Holmes physically needed him to. Report the whole thing or nothing at all.
Dude, relax, lay off the coffee I think for people who follow footbally your point is pretty obvious, no?

There are countless 5-digiters on here that contribute better analysis than some of you smug 3-digiters. This coming from a 4-digiter.

I don't know about the rest of you, but starting LJ as a RB3 in flex is a tempting morsel. My other option is Ronnie Brown. But, then again, there is that tuff J-E-T-S defense. What to do, what to do.... :loco:

I don't know about the rest of you, but starting LJ as a RB3 in flex is a tempting morsel. My other option is Ronnie Brown. But, then again, there is that tuff J-E-T-S defense. What to do, what to do.... :loco:
Between the two? No harm rolling the dice with LJ.

I don't know about the rest of you, but starting LJ as a RB3 in flex is a tempting morsel.  My other option is Ronnie Brown.  But, then again, there is that tuff J-E-T-S defense.  What to do, what to do....  :loco:
The steroids have clouded this dude's mind. Go with the fulltime back. Brown is the choice.

The steroids have clouded this dude's mind. Go with the fulltime back. Brown is the choice.
There has been no conclusive link to steriods and clouding one's mind. ;) Don't dislike Brown but don't like the JETS defense which will LOAD up the line to force MIA to pass.

I don't know about the rest of you, but starting LJ as a RB3 in flex is a tempting morsel.  My other option is Ronnie Brown.  But, then again, there is that tuff J-E-T-S defense.  What to do, what to do....   :loco:
Don't forget that the Chiefs had two RB's each score 4 TD's in a game last year. 4 for Priest and 4 for Blaylock, and that was against the (at the time) best run defense in the league (Atlanta). Yes the O-Line is banged up, but Waters is starting today so the offensive line will get a boost.

I don't know about the rest of you, but starting LJ as a RB3 in flex is a tempting morsel.  My other option is Ronnie Brown.  But, then again, there is that tuff J-E-T-S defense.  What to do, what to do....  :loco:
There has been no conclusive link to steriods and clouding one's mind. ;) Don't dislike Brown but don't like the JETS defense which will LOAD up the line to force MIA to pass.
Dolphins play the Broncos, man. Jets play the Chiefs.

Huh, the Jets play KC. Whose on steriods? :D

Can I chalk it up to being just a little too excited for the NFL to start?
Nah, its the roids. I think FBG has a 3 strikes, you're out roids policy. So, count your blessings that you won't be suspended fulltime.

please tell me you started LJ...

Not a chiefs homer, but I am a priest/larry owner and I am not worried at all. Priest will get his touches and put up his huge #'s like he always does. Don't sweat it.
uhhhhh

if you say so... :excited:

I don't own Priest or LJ in any of my dynasty leagues nor did I have a high enough pick in any of my redrafts to consider Priest, so I'm just an interested onlooker. Anyway, this situation could make or break many a Priest owner (mostly talking about redraft leagues, of course). You obviously had to take Priest with a high pick & the LJ poaching has to be disconcerting. I'm definitely not one to panic, but I'd be thinking real hard about moving Priest in redrafters (if you could get enough to make it worthwhile).

I would have to agree with previous poster, that I may start LJ over a Ronnie Brown, based solely on today's performance. This is a monster of a dilemna now; and yes, FJ, very difficult to move at this point...

Users who are viewing this thread