What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pro Bowl selections leaking out (1 Viewer)

The_Man

Footballguy
Every year, it seems that most teams announce their Pro Bowl selections prior to the official NFL announcement tonight. If any homers hear who's made it, go ahead and post it here.

NFC

QB: Culpepper, McNabb, Michael Vick

RB: Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, S. Alexander

FB: William Henderson

WR: TO, Muhammed, Javon Walker, Joe Horn

TE: Jason Witten, Alge Crumpler

OT: Tra Thomas, Walter Jones

OG: Larry Allen, Marco Rivera, Steve Hutchinson

C: Matt Birk, Olin Kreutz

DE: Bertrand Barry, Julius Peppers, Patrick Kerney

DT: Kevin Williams, Shaun Rogers, Laroi Glover

LB: Trotter, Derrick Brooks, Marcus Washington, Dan Morgan, Keith Brooking

CB: Ronde Barber, Litto Sheppard, Dre Bly

S: Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis, Roy Williams

Special Teams: Ike Reese

Kicker: David Akers

Kick retuner: Eddie Drummond

Punter: Mitch Berger

AFC

QB: Manning, Drew Brees, Tom Brady

RB: Edgerrin James, Curtis Martin, Tomlinson

FB: Tony Richardson

WR: Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward, Andre Johnson

TE: Antonio Gates, Gonzo

OT: Jon Ogden, Willie Anderson, Wilie Roaf

OG: Alan Faneca, Will Shields, Brian Waters

C: Kevin Mawae, Jeff Hartings

DE: Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, John Abraham

DT: Sam Adams, Richard Seymour

LB: Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, James Farrior, Joey Porter, Takeo Spikes

CB: Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister, Torry James

S: John Lynch, Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu

Special Teams: Larry Izzo

Kicker: Vinatieri

Kick retuner: Terrence McGee

Punter: Shane Lechler

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year, it seems that most teams announce their Pro Bowl selections prior to the official NFL announcement tonight. If any homers hear who's made it, go ahead and post it here:

Here are the ones I've heard so far.

Philadelphia - 9 guys!

McNabb

TO

Akers

Dawkins

Michael Lewis

Reese (special teams)

Sheppard

Tra Thomas

Trotter

Minnesota

Daunte Culpepper

Matt Birk

Kevin Williams

Denver

Champ Bailey

John Lynch
I don't agree with the Trotter choice, I think it should have been Nick Barnett as the MLB. Also I would rather have a healthy Dan Morgan over Trotter any day.

New York Giants

Tiki Barber

Washington

Marcus Washington

Cincinnati

Torry James

Chad Johnson

Willie Anderson

I heard Tiki Barber made it for the first time.
Quick side question...If you are asked to go to the Pro-Bowl as an alternate, does that make you a pro-bowler?In 2002, one of the NFC running backs declined to go to the pro-bowl because of surgery. At which point, the league asked Tiki Barber as the first alternate. However Tiki had scheduled surgery as well and he declined. At which point, Michael Bennett was asked to go as the second alternative and he accepted.

DALLASroy williamslarry allenlaroi gloverjason witten
How does Larry Allen make it every year? He's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Is this like the baseball All-Star where once you make it, they keep voting you in until you miss the entire season?

DALLASroy williamslarry allenlaroi gloverjason witten
How does Larry Allen make it every year? He's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Is this like the baseball All-Star where once you make it, they keep voting you in until you miss the entire season?
Didn't you see the part where I listed Ray Lewis above?

RB Tiki Barber has been named to the 2005 NFC Pro Bowl squad. Several other Giants players were named as alternates, including TE Jeremy Shockey, LB Carlos Emmons and WR/Special Teamer David Tyree. Stay logged on to Giants.com for more on this breaking story.

Quick side question...If you are asked to go to the Pro-Bowl as an alternate, does that make you a pro-bowler?In 2002, one of the NFC running backs declined to go to the pro-bowl because of surgery. At which point, the league asked Tiki Barber as the first alternate. However Tiki had scheduled surgery as well and he declined. At which point, Michael Bennett was asked to go as the second alternative and he accepted.
Yeah you're still technically a Pro Bowler, but there is a distinction usually made between players who are voted in and those chosen as alternates -- especially since so many players don't even go to the Pro Bowl so it tends to water down the process a bit. That's how Dave Krieg got in so many times. :D

:confused:edited - I guess someone posted last year's pro-bowl roster, the post has now been deleted.

In trolling the New England web site I found this headline!

Dolphins give Patriots a shocker in Miami

They gave New England a shocker? Guess that loss was even more humiliating than it looked!

Atlanta

Keith Brooking

Patrick Kerney

Michael Vick

Alge Crumpler

Dissappointed that Rossum and Coleman didn't make it. Coleman really anchored the Falcons' D-line this season.

Edited: Spelling

EDIT: Here's a link: http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...UZUcUbUcTYWVVZV

The Falcons had four players named to the NFC Pro Bowl team Wednesday. There was one noticeable name left out.

Quarterback Michael Vick, tight end Alge Crumpler, linebacker Keith Brooking and defensive end Patrick Kerney were named to the team that will play in Hawaii on Feb. 13 - a week after the Super Bowl.

Absent from the list was defensive lineman Rod Coleman, a major reason the Falcons' defense has improved over the much the same unit that was last in the NFL last year. Coleman has 8 1/2 sacks this season. The Falcons defense had compiled 40 sacks, but only one during the three games Coleman missed this season with a knee injury.

Here' the running list. Will update as they come in. Still haven't heard from new england, Pittsburgh or san diego, which will go a long way to fleshing out the AFC roster.

NFC

QB: Culpepper, McNabb, Michael Vick

RB: Tiki Barber, Ahman Green

FB: William Henderson

WR: TO, Muhammed, Javon Walker

TE: Jason Witten, Alge Crumpler

OT: Tra Thomas

OG: Larry Allen, Marco Rivera

C: Matt Birk

DE: Bertrand Barry, Julius Peppers, Patrick Kerney

DT: Kevin Williams, Shaun Rogers, Laroi Glover

LB: Trotter, Derrick Brooks, Marcus Washington, Dan Morgan, Keith Brooking

CB: Ronde Barber, Litto Sheppard, Dre Bly

S: Brian Dawkins, Michael Lewis, Roy Williams

Special Teams: Ike Reese

Kicker: David Akers

Kick retuner: Eddie Drummond

Punter:

AFC

QB: Manning

RB: Edgerrin James, Curtis Martin

WR: Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison

TE:

OT: Jon Ogden, Willie Anderson

OG:

C: Kevin Mawae

DE: Jason Taylor, Dwight Freeney, John Abraham

DT:

LB: Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs

CB: Champ Bailey, Chris McAlister, Torry James

S: John Lynch, Ed Reed

Special Teams:

Kicker:

Kick retuner:

Punter:
AFC TE anything other then Gonzo and Gates would be ludicrous.

Atlanta

Michael Vick
Wow. That's a complete joke. No way should Vick be considered a Pro Bowl QB this year.
I agree. Granted, outside of C-Pep and McNabb, there aren't too many great NFC options, but I would pick Favre over him. Totally a popularity-type pick here.

Atlanta

Michael Vick
Wow. That's a complete joke. No way should Vick be considered a Pro Bowl QB this year.
Joke how so? If winning is everything in the NFL at 11-3 Vick has the 2nd best recored in NFC!I too think Vick is not the best qb in the world but whom are you going to give 3rd QB Slot too?

Atlanta

Michael Vick
Joke how so? If winning is everything in the NFL at 11-3 Vick has the 2nd best recored in NFC!I too think Vick is not the best qb in the world but whom are you going to give 3rd QB Slot too?
Favre, as mentioned above.

Pittsburgh

Alan Faneca

inside linebacker James Farrior

center Jeff Hartings

safety Troy Polamaluoutside linebacker Joey Porter

wide receiver Hines Ward

Anyone else find it somewhat misguided to announce pro bowlers while there's still two games left to play?

Favre3,527 yards, 25TD, 16 INT, 88.7 RatingVick2,278 yards, 13TD, 12 INT, 76.6 RatingI'd guess Vick got the nod thanks to his rushing stats 889 yards, 3TD

Anyone else find it somewhat misguided to announce pro bowlers while there's still two games left to play?
Well, baseball does it with half the season to go, so this isn't too bad.

No! With 2 games left some teams have nothing to play for and this could change the performances of some players. Say Pat's would wrap up Home field by now they might sit Brady. Should that count as bad mark for Brady?

Atlanta

Michael Vick
I agree. Granted, outside of C-Pep and McNabb, there aren't too many great NFC options, but I would pick Favre over him. Totally a popularity-type pick here.
Favre would be more a popularity pick than Vick...
Agreed. I don't think Favre is one of the 3 best Qbs in the NFC. While Vick doesn't excite me, its hard to argue with success.COlin

Pittsburgh

Alan Faneca

inside linebacker James Farrior

center Jeff Hartings

safety Troy Polamaluoutside linebacker Joey Porter

wide receiver Hines Ward
I would say Ben makes it after that Brady performance on Mon night.

Users who are viewing this thread