What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pro-Bowlers being announced! (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Giants: The Giants’ Pro Bowl players are running back Tiki Barber, tight end Jeremy Shockey, defensive ends Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora and special teams standout David Tyree. Jets: Ty Law

Jets: Ty Law
Totally unworthy....He has been mediocre at best this year...

He may have 6 picks, but he has been out of position, slow, and gotten burned numerous times all season...

he has also taken an absurd # of penalties...

Talk about skating by on your rep...

:thumbdown:

http://chicagobears.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=13184
LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Middle linebacker Brian Urlacher will lead a brigade of six Bears to the Pro Bowl, the team's largest contingent since sending six players following the 1990 season.Five of the Pro Bowlers play on the Bears' No. 1-ranked defense. While Urlacher will make his fifth trip in six NFL seasons, safety Mike Brown, cornerback Nathan Vasher, linebacker Lance Briggs and defensive tackle Tommie Harris are being honored for the first time.The Bears offense will be represented by center Olin Kreutz, a Hawaii native who will be making his fifth straight Pro Bowl appearance in his home state.

Last edited by a moderator:

He may have 6 picks, but he has been out of position, slow, and gotten burned numerous times all season...

Does the Pro Bowl have to have at least 1 player from each team? If so, Law shouldn't be much of a surprise. After all, who else deserves it. Mawae or Martin are the perenniel Bowlers, but they're hurt.

Does the Pro Bowl have to have at least 1 player from each team? If so, Law shouldn't be much of a surprise. After all, who else deserves it. Mawae or Martin are the perenniel Bowlers, but they're hurt.
NO, this isn't Basketball or baseballif nobody on your team isn't worthy, your team sends noone to hawaii

Per NFL Radio:

AFC

QB: Palmer, Brady, Manning

RB: James, Tomlinson, L.Johnson

WR: Harrison, R.Smith, C.Johnson, Chambers

TE: Gates, Gonzalez

FB: L.Neal

KR: Mathis

K: Graham

P: Moorman

ST: Milligan

DE: Freeney, J.Taylor, Burgess

DT: Seymour, Stroud, J.Williams

OLB: Merriman, June, Porter

ILB: Z.Thomas, A.Wilson

CB: O'Neal, Bailey, Law

S: Lynch, Sanders, Polamalu

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Middle linebacker Brian Urlacher will lead a brigade of six Bears to the Pro Bowl, the team's largest contingent since sending six players following the 1990 season.

Five of the Pro Bowlers play on the Bears' No. 1-ranked defense. While Urlacher will make his fifth trip in six NFL seasons, safety Mike Brown, cornerback Nathan Vasher, linebacker Lance Briggs and defensive tackle Tommie Harris are being honored for the first time.

The Bears offense will be represented by center Olin Kreutz, a Hawaii native who will be making his fifth straight Pro Bowl appearance in his home state.
:thumbup: Shame that they couldnt get one of the DEs but Harris makes up for it. What a game he had on Sunday night too.

Per NFL Radio

NFC

QB: Vick, Hasselbeck, Delhomme

RB: Alexander, Barber, Dunn

WR: S.Smith, Holt, S.Moss, Fitzgerald

TE: Shockey, Crumpler

OLINE: Bentley, Kreutz, Hutchison, L.Allen, Wahle, W.Jones, Pace, Samuels

FB: Strong

K: Rackers

P: Bidwell

KR: K.Robinson

ST: Tyree

DE: Strahan, Umenyiora, Peppers

DT: Rogers, Coleman, Harris

OLB: Briggs, Brooks, Brooking

ILB: Trotter, Urlacher

CB: Barber, Hall, Vasher

S: Sharper, R.Williams, M.Brown

Per NFL Radio

NFC

Wow, no Eli?Thought I read he was the top vote-getter from the fans (as far as NFC qbs go)

Curious to see which of Fitz/Boldin gets it. That ought to be interesting.
Fitz, post 25
Wow. I don't like it. Identical receiving yards (Anquan having 10 more rushing yards), Fitz has 2 more TDs, but Anquan also missed a few games with an injury.Per game, Anquan has been better.

:shrug:

:admittedBoldinFan:

Derrick Brooks...will represent the Buccaneers on the NFC Pro Bowl squad.
From the article: "Only 3 linebackers in NFL history have made more Pro Bowls."Is there really any question anymore about his HOF credentials?

Fitz, post 25
Wow. I don't like it. Identical receiving yards (Anquan having 10 more rushing yards), Fitz has 2 more TDs, but Anquan also missed a few games with an injury.Per game, Anquan has been better.

Agreed, I think Boldin is the best receiver on that team.

Fitz, post 25

Agreed, I think Boldin is the best receiver on that team.
Couldn't agree more. Both statistically and from a big-play, value-to-the-team perspective.

Michael Vick on the pro bowl team is an absolute joke.And on the other side, so is Joey Porter. Completely ridiculous.

Michael Vick on the pro bowl team is an absolute joke.

And on the other side, so is Joey Porter. Completely ridiculous.
Seems like there are a few of these every year. Name recognition picks.

I'll say as loud as anyone that Joey Porter has no damn reason to be included in this group this year. All mouth and little action as of late.

LAKE FOREST, Ill. - Middle linebacker Brian Urlacher will lead a brigade of six Bears to the Pro Bowl, the team's largest contingent since sending six players following the 1990 season.

Five of the Pro Bowlers play on the Bears' No. 1-ranked defense. While Urlacher will make his fifth trip in six NFL seasons, safety Mike Brown, cornerback Nathan Vasher, linebacker Lance Briggs and defensive tackle Tommie Harris are being honored for the first time.

The Bears offense will be represented by center Olin Kreutz, a Hawaii native who will be making his fifth straight Pro Bowl appearance in his home state.
:thumbup: Shame that they couldnt get one of the DEs but Harris makes up for it. What a game he had on Sunday night too.
:thumbup: :thumbup: Agreed. I would have loved to see Brown and/or Ogunleye go. Ayanbadejo would have been a good ST pick, too.

But all those guys are good choices...with 6 Bears going I can't complain! :yes:

Cool that Chris Chambers made it. All that potential and he finally put it all together this year. Well deserved in my opinion.

I am not a fan of the Falcons or Vick, but it seems that in the real world of football (as opposed to fantasy where stats are king), Vick is a player that opposing teams absolutely must game plan around. While his ability to make plays with his feet don't add up to fantasy points, that ability keeps drives alive and ultimately helps put points on the board. My personal opinion is that while Vick's weakness as a pocket passer will perpetually limit the ultimate success of his team in the postseason, his strength as an elusive and mobile QB is the reason his team is as competitive as it is.I can understand why the fans wouldn't vote for him, but I can understand why the other 2/3 (players and coaches) would.

Atlanta Falcons - Keith Brooking, Alge Coleman, Rod Crumpler, Warrick Dunn, DeAngelo Hall and Michael VickGlad to see Dunn and Coleman got in this time around. I thought Demorrio deserved to get in (led OLB in fan voting).

Not sure if there was room, but, surprised that Tatupu didn't make the NFC LB core. I haven't seen much of Trotter's play this year, but, the stats make the SEA defense seem much more formidable than PHI. Tatupu is all the rage out here.

Per NFL Radio

NFC

RB: Alexander, Barber, Dunn

WR: S.Smith, Holt, S.Moss, Fitzgerald

TE: Shockey, Crumpler

OLINE: Bentley, Kreutz, Hutchison, L.Allen, Wahle, W.Jones, Pace, Samuels

FB: Strong

K: Rackers

P: Bidwell

KR: K.Robinson

ST: Tyree

DE: Strahan, Umenyiora, Peppers

DT: Rogers, Coleman, Harris

OLB: Briggs, Brooks, Brooking

ILB: Trotter, Urlacher

CB: Barber, Hall, Vasher

S: Sharper, R.Williams, M.Brown
:thumbdown: Weak. Despite a few bad games, Drew Bledsoe deserves to play in the Pro Bowl. I'm also a bit disappointed that Thomas Jones didn't get the nod at running back. He's been far more valuable to Chicago's limited offense than Warrick Dunn was to his (not taking anything away from how great Dunn is).

I am not a fan of the Falcons or Vick, but it seems that in the real world of football (as opposed to fantasy where stats are king), Vick is a player that opposing teams absolutely must game plan around. While his ability to make plays with his feet don't add up to fantasy points, that ability keeps drives alive and ultimately helps put points on the board.

My personal opinion is that while Vick's weakness as a pocket passer will perpetually limit the ultimate success of his team in the postseason, his strength as an elusive and mobile QB is the reason his team is as competitive as it is.

I can understand why the fans wouldn't vote for him, but I can understand why the other 2/3 (players and coaches) would.
The problem is there are QBs who are not only having better seasons but their teams are as well. It's one thing to slide Vick under the guise of "all he does is win" which is why he got selected last season and more deserving QBs were left out. It's another to select him when there are other considerably more legitimate options on teams having better seasons than the Falcons or the same as the Falcons.

Users who are viewing this thread