What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Projections Software (1 Viewer)

Modog814

Footballguy
I'm looking for some Beta-testers for a piece of software I wrote that creates projections (from weekly to season) based on play by play simulations. I've spent the last 5 years or so fine tuning the algorithms, and last year used it to finish 4th overall in FBG's Wisdom of Crowds contest.

As a brief description, the software allows the user to enter their beliefs/opinions on things from how carries and targets are going to be distributed to play calling. And the software then simulates each game, play by play, many times to obtain expectations. Output includes, expected box scores, expected season totals, expected fantasy points for up to 3 leagues as well as distribution characteristics (standard deviation, and key percentiles). It also includes a "Who do I start" tool which compares 2 players head to head.

What I'm looking for is for a handful of people to use test out the software and let me know of any bugs they come across. In addition, I'd like to know of any features or controls that they believe could be useful that aren't included. As I said, it can produce projections for any time period from a single week to an entire season, so the software is useful for more than just getting ready for the draft.

So, if you're interested in possibly testing this out or would like some further clarification of the software and what it does, please send me a PM. Unfortunately at this time the software is Windows based only.

Still looking for a few more beta testers if anyone is interested.

Alexanders torn ACL is perfect example of how this software could come in handy. Get updated projections for San Diego's passing offense within minutes.

There's no cost or obligation for taking a look at it. All I ask is that you give me some honest feedback.

Yeah, I plan to create an apple version since my home computer is mostly apple, but I'm not as familiar with Software development for the Mac as I am for Windows.

my initial reaction after only getting to play with it a short while this morning is that this thing is fantastic. I didn't come across any bugs yet. An addition I would like to see on the fantasy scoring page is multiple options for passing yards bonus like is available for td bonus. Will give more feedback later when I have time to do more.

my initial reaction after only getting to play with it a short while this morning is that this thing is fantastic. I didn't come across any bugs yet. An addition I would like to see on the fantasy scoring page is multiple options for passing yards bonus like is available for td bonus. Will give more feedback later when I have time to do more.
Thanks so much. That shouldn't be too difficult to incorporate.

Users who are viewing this thread