What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Putting Together a Audiophile System Vinyl Edition (1 Viewer)

Klimtology

Footballguy
Hey, 

I'm looking to get back into Vinyl.  Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Turntable?

The pro-ject turntable looks like a decent option.

TIA

:excited:

Yup, the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon at around $400 is the best bang for the buck there.  

What other gear are you using? 

Yup, the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon at around $400 is the best bang for the buck there.  

I've got a pair of B&W 630 loudspeakers, a Denon DRA-550 reciever and a Marantz CD5004 cd player..

:pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: jwb

I've also got a B&O Turntable from the mid 80's which needs repair.  Do you think it's worth fixing?  Or has technology improved significantly enough that it's better simply to upgrade?

Although I have a soft spot for good vintage gear (I have a Denon 59L and a Dual Golden One), if faced with repairing a turntable, I'd just buy new. 

Second the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. You can get the DC power and other basic version for $399. I got the USB version at $499, which I run through my computer and Klipsch speakers (hardly an audiophile system, but it works). An acrylic platter will run you an extra $100 for the Debut Carbon Esprit, so you might want to look into that. Check out Otis's thread he took out last year.

Second the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. You can get the DC power and other basic version for $399. I got the USB version at $499, which I run through my computer and Klipsch speakers (hardly an audiophile system, but it works). An acrylic platter will run you an extra $100 for the Debut Carbon Esprit, so you might want to look into that. Check out Otis's thread he took out last year.
Great! Thanks for the info!

The first things you need to do is buy lots of beard oil, a pair of off-color Doc Martens, the Mapplethorpe coffee table book then move to a neighborhood with lots of bike lanes and a Trader Joes.

The first things you need to do is buy lots of beard oil, a pair of off-color Doc Martens, the Mapplethorpe coffee table book then move to a neighborhood with lots of bike lanes and a Trader Joes.
Hmm...I have those. No beard oil or Mapplethorpe, though.

Zippo. I drink my coffee dark roasted and black, appreciating the flavor and purity of the product itself. This makes me a true connoisseur of the bean.
Chemex, amirite?

What color is the gingham shirt you're wearing right now?

Chemex, amirite?

What color is the gingham shirt you're wearing right now?
Unfortunately, no. I'm lazy.

No gingham either. Purely t-shirt and jeans kinda guy.  But the t-shirt is black, a band shirt, or something else that's casually ill. And the jeans a bit on the dark side. Designer or Levi's. I especially like PRPS jeans. 

No lie. 

Unfortunately, no. I'm lazy.

No gingham either. Purely t-shirt and jeans kinda guy.  But the t-shirt is black, a band shirt, or something else that's casually ill. And the jeans a bit on the dark side. Designer or Levi's. I especially like PRPS jeans. 

No lie. 
[Notebook_update] @rockaction is the ironic T-shirt, pastel Doc Marten, skinny jeans type of hipster who calls drip coffee "pour over"[/Notebook_update]

;)

The few times I delve into irony aren't with t-shirts. T-shirts are serious business. My ironic outlet is using the word "commie" in a serious political discussion. 

;)

What model of Klipsch do you have?

I’m rocking a Denon DP 300F tt with a vintage set of Klipsch Cornwall speakers and a late 70s Onkyo receiver. Added a thrift store $5 6 CD changer too. My speakers absolutely KILL!!

Check all boxes except Doc Martins and cofee table. I’m a flannel and New Balance type of guy. 

Rhythmdoctor said:
What model of Klipsch do you have?

I’m rocking a Denon DP 300F tt with a vintage set of Klipsch Cornwall speakers and a late 70s Onkyo receiver. Added a thrift store $5 6 CD changer too. My speakers absolutely KILL!!
Oh, yours are a little to a lot better, I assume. I'm running a simple pair of bookshelf ones for a smaller room. They're able to handle a turntable directly as they have a built in phono pre-amp and ground, but I run them off of the computer using bluetooth, actually, which is an option, though that's hardly audiophile. For my purposes and bedroom set-up, though, that's how I run it.

They're these. https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-15PM-Powered-Monitor-Black/dp/B01A7J534G

As you can see, they list for five hundred, but they're able to be gotten for about three-fifty after tax and shipping, etc.

Oh, yours are a little to a lot better, I assume. I'm running a simple pair of bookshelf ones for a smaller room. They're able to handle a turntable directly as they have a built in phono pre-amp and ground, but I run them off of the computer using bluetooth, actually, which is an option, though that's hardly audiophile. For my purposes and bedroom set-up, though, that's how I run it.

They're these. https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-R-15PM-Powered-Monitor-Black/dp/B01A7J534G

As you can see, they list for five hundred, but they're able to be gotten for about three-fifty after tax and shipping, etc.
Mine are definitely better 😁

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Cornwall-III-Floorstanding-Speakers-in-Cherry-Pair/123587769384?hash=item1cc667b428:g:VbsAAOSwQqNcNlwF

Word. :thumbup:   I had little doubt.  Good stuff.

Best sounding speakers I ever heard or imaged was these, with my brother, a person not averse to dropping ten large on speakers and then profiting off of them in resale. Anyway, these are the ####. https://www.stereophile.com/content/dali-helicon-400-mk2-loudspeaker-page-2

Nice stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread