What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Puzzled by this team (1 Viewer)

viking fan

Footballguy
I'm currently 3-3 and in 6th place in a 10-team league.  I would have thought this team would be doing better than it has.  I am struggling to figure out where I need help and what I should/could sacrifice to get that help.  In a way I'm suffering from analysis paralysis and possibly concerned with making the wrong decision.  Those are "me" issues but in the end I think I just need some suggestions from the hive mind.  Here's the team:

• QB - Murray
  • RBs - A. Jones, Moss, Carson (IR), Edmonds, Herbert, Damien Williams
  • WRs - Evans, Chase, Cooper, Hopkins, Higgins, Thomas (IR)
  • TEs - Hockenson, Schultz
  • PK - Bass
  • DEF - NE
I THINK I should look at upgrading my RB2 to someone more reliable and possibly sacrifice my depth at WR to accomplish that.  Would probably take two of those receivers or one WR and one RB not names Jones.

I am also thinking maybe I need to upgrade at TE but both have been getting volume and decent production so maybe this is a secondary or tertiary concern.

And finally, after this week I will probably start to stream DEF as NE hasn't been that great since week 2.

Any thoughts and/or constructive critique would be appreciated.  TIA

It may be nothing more than bad schedule luck.  The only thing you can "control" is how many points you are scoring so the best indicator for me is where do you stand in relation to the other teams in your league in regards to total points scored?  If you are in the top 4 or so then you are doing all that can really be expected and you need schedule luck to swing to your favor.  

Your weak spot is definitely RB2.  You are great at TE and I wouldn't give it a second thought.  In fact after Dallas' bye this week I would shop Hockenson for the upgrade at RB2 and roll with Schultz the rest of the season.  Based on the Cowboys offense I really don't see much difference in the fantasy output between Schultz and Hockenson for the ROS performance.  

It may be nothing more than bad schedule luck.  The only thing you can "control" is how many points you are scoring so the best indicator for me is where do you stand in relation to the other teams in your league in regards to total points scored?  If you are in the top 4 or so then you are doing all that can really be expected and you need schedule luck to swing to your favor.  

Your weak spot is definitely RB2.  You are great at TE and I wouldn't give it a second thought.  In fact after Dallas' bye this week I would shop Hockenson for the upgrade at RB2 and roll with Schultz the rest of the season.  Based on the Cowboys offense I really don't see much difference in the fantasy output between Schultz and Hockenson for the ROS performance.  

Thanks Gally.  I am 4th in total points currently.  Had a couple of big weeks and then some laggards the last few.  Yeah, maybe this is just schedule bad luck and I just need to stay the course.  

Great recommendation on shopping Hock after Dallas' bye.  That is an idea I had not yet contemplated.  I'll look to see who may be in the market for him and what I may be able to get.  Likely package him with a WR to get a quality RB2.  Thanks for the food for thought!

Users who are viewing this thread