What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Anthony Richardson, IND (1 Viewer)

Several analysts are high on Florida sophomore QB Anthony Richardson.

Richardson (6'4/236) is projected to be one of the better quarterbacks in the nation after ultimately pushing Emory Jones out of Florida. Some have gone as far as to pin him as a top-10 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft. Much of that boils down to what he's shown from a purely athletic perspective. Mike Renner of PFF recently praised him in that area calling him a "monster" athletically. Expect to see Florida use him a lot on the ground moving forward.

SOURCE: PFF

May 5, 2022, 7:18 PM ET

Florida redshirt sophomore QB Anthony Richardson was named a top-five quarterback by Pro Football Focus.

The 2022 NFL Draft concluded just earlier this month, but the attention has already turned to this upcoming season's college football prospects. Richardson (6'4/236) is one of the players who is catching a lot of attention after what he showed with the Gators last season, practically unparalleled with the type of athleticism he brings to the table. Mike Renner of Pro Football Focus recently named him the fifth-best quarterback in his recent rankings release: "The fifth spot on this list was hotly contested, with the likes of Miami’s Tyler Van Dyke, BYU’s Jaren Hall, South Carolina’s Spencer Rattler, Boston College’s Phil Jurkovec and North Carolina State’s Devin Leary all capable of climbing draft boards next season. Ultimately, Richardson’s all-around physical skill set trumps all of them. He stands out physically at the collegiate level in the way top recruits do at the high school level." 

SOURCE: PFF

May 28, 2022, 11:56 AM ET

ESPN's Jordan Reid listed Florida redshirt sophomore QB Anthony Richardson as a top-five QB to know for next year's draft class.

The takes are beginning to fly during the college football offseason, as scouts and analysts begin to hammer out players who could make the NFL leap next season. One of the more popular names is Richardson (6'4/236), who was also touted as a potential top-five QB by Pro Football Focus last month. Reid notes that Richardson has several exciting traits that draft evaluators will love, but that he needs to transfer those traits into usable skills at the NFL level.

SOURCE: ESPN

Jun 10, 2022, 2:19 PM ET

PFF’s Connor Rogers has Florida redshirt sophomore QB Anthony Richardson as a top-five QB to know for next year's draft class.

Anthony Richardson has the keys to the Gator offense, and we’ll see if he can do it on his own. Last season he split time behind center with Emory Jones, but he left via the transfer, leaving Richardson as the sole commander. While he is a dynamic runner, the passing needs significant improvement if wants to be a top quarterback. In limited passing opportunities, he completed 59.5% of his passes and had six touchdowns to five interceptions. He has the talent to make plays with legs, and if he can do it with his arm, he deserves the top 5 ranking.

Jun 19, 2022, 1:26 PM ET

He is a monster. A faster Cam Newton with a bigger arm.  The question will be (both for himself and Florida) is what is between the ears as the full time starter vs a platoon.  He also already missed a few games when he got dinged up.  A serious Mullen style QB who will play for a different coach then who recruited him, but should be interesting to watch.

What a debut. This 2023 QB class with him, Stroud and Young at the top is going to be very, very interesting. Guard those 2023 SF 1st rounders with your life.

Florida junior QB Anthony Richardson completed 17-of-24 passes for 168 yards in addition to rushing 11 times for 104 yards three touchdowns in a dramatic 29-26 win over Utah.​

Richardson (6'4/236) led a 14 play, 75 yard drive in the late 4th quarter that was culminated with him punching in a one-yard rushing touchdown with 1:25 remaining. The Gators' signal caller has one of the strongest arms in the country and has the wheels to pull the ball down and run away from defenders in the open field. You'd like to see him throwing the ball more than 24 times for evaluation purposes, but new HC Billy Napier is known for leaning on the run game. With Emory Jones now in Arizona State, Richardson has the starting job all to himself and is off to a strong start. He is being selected as a mid-to-high first round selection on average in the early 2023 NFL mocks due to his sky high potential.
Sep 6, 2022, 3:28 PM ET

Florida junior QB Anthony Richardson completed 17-of-24 passes for 168 yards in addition to rushing 11 times for 104 yards three touchdowns in a dramatic 29-26 win over Utah.​

Richardson (6'4/236) led a 14 play, 75 yard drive in the late 4th quarter that was culminated with him punching in a one-yard rushing touchdown with 1:25 remaining. The Gators' signal caller has one of the strongest arms in the country and has the wheels to pull the ball down and run away from defenders in the open field. You'd like to see him throwing the ball more than 24 times for evaluation purposes, but new HC Billy Napier is known for leaning on the run game. With Emory Jones now in Arizona State, Richardson has the starting job all to himself and is off to a strong start. He is being selected as a mid-to-high first round selection on average in the early 2023 NFL mocks due to his sky high potential.
Sep 3, 2022, 11:01 PM ET

Florida junior QB Anthony Richardson completed 10-of-18 passes for 112 yards and two interceptions in a 31-28 win over South Florida.​

This is the second straight lackluster outing from Richardson, who also rushed for just 24 yards on seven carries in the comeback win. While he made some highlight reel worthy plays against Utah in Week 1, over the last two games Richardson has completed 24-of-43 passes for an average of 143 yards of total offense per game with a 0-to-4 ratio. No matter what kind of physical tools Richardson possesses, there's no sugar coating how bad this looks for him to struggle against a low-rung Group of Five defense like USF. The Florida signal caller has a long way to go before he can be considered a bankable Devy asset and he likely needs another year of seasoning before we can truly evaluate his potential. So few quarterbacks from each NFL Draft class ever turn out to be valuable NFL fantasy quarterbacks. So use caution when utilizing skill position assets to acquire them.
Sep 17, 2022, 11:29 PM ET

Shocked this guy is entering the draft.

Has looked a woefully inadequate passer when I've seen him. Must have got word a few teams would take him early if he was available.

Has looked a woefully inadequate passer when I've seen him. Must have got word a few teams would take him early if he was available.
Just making a recent comparison, Malik Willis was a significantly better prospect than Richardson.

Richardson is a day 3 pick in my opinion. There are AT LEAST 5 better QBs in this draft.

Just making a recent comparison, Malik Willis was a significantly better prospect than Richardson.

Richardson is a day 3 pick in my opinion. There are AT LEAST 5 better QBs in this draft.

Better than him “right now,” but teams don’t always draft for right now. Especially with QBs.

This type of QB is what offensive coaches drool over.

Better than him “right now,” but teams don’t always draft for right now. Especially with QBs.

This type of QB is what offensive coaches drool over.
Least accurate QB prospect I've seen.

If he's willing to play TE or WR I like him on day 2.

This is the kind of prospect I hate because there will be too many definitive statements from both the pro and anti-Richardson crowds.

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski
Made me chuckle, because I don't think there are many supremely gifted athletes that far behind on the developmental curve to come into the league over the last...checks notes...four years.
-----------------------------------------------------
NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Several NFL scouts reportedly believe Anthony Richardson is the best “boom or bust prospect” since Josh Allen.

Brent Sobleski@brentsobleski
Made me chuckle, because I don't think there are many supremely gifted athletes that far behind on the developmental curve to come into the league over the last...checks notes...four years.
-----------------------------------------------------
NFL Rookie Watch @NFLRookieWatxh
Several NFL scouts reportedly believe Anthony Richardson is the best “boom or bust prospect” since Josh Allen.
You’re probably right but I’d put Malik Willis right up there in the boom/bust plus raw skills greatly exceeding development lists.

This is the kind of prospect I hate because there will be too many definitive statements from both the pro and anti-Richardson crowds.
Polarizing players can be fun. And possibly great value.
I remember drafting Josh Allen, just to trade him for Baker mayfield :bag: only good thing is I didn’t like that league anyway and I dropped it before Allen really went off.

Josh Allen is a nice comp. Richardson has similar accuracy troubles but all the tools to be great.

I’d love for the Bucs to take a shot at him with what’s likely a late teens early twenties pick.

Gator fan here. ARich is a heck of an athlete and at times against good competition has seen up to the challenge. I'm glad the Phins do not have a first rounder this year bc I think this is the type of player you are really gambling on. He's perfect for a team like the Ravens or even perhaps the Rams in that their coaches are immune to being second guessed and are prepared to build an offensive system around him. Maybe someone like Pete Carroll as well can keep his starter and draft ARich as a hybrid player and develop him. I wonder if McDaniel in Vegas has the stones to try the Tebow experiment again with a player with a cannon...

Gator fan here. ARich is a heck of an athlete and at times against good competition has seen up to the challenge. I'm glad the Phins do not have a first rounder this year bc I think this is the type of player you are really gambling on. He's perfect for a team like the Ravens or even perhaps the Rams in that their coaches are immune to being second guessed and are prepared to build an offensive system around him. Maybe someone like Pete Carroll as well can keep his starter and draft ARich as a hybrid player and develop him. I wonder if McDaniel in Vegas has the stones to try the Tebow experiment again with a player with a cannon...
God I hope the Colts don’t draft him or Levis, but I see a lot of mocks for Levis going to Indy. I think Levis has issues with decisions, but AR is a horrible passer and has some emotional issues on the field ( see UK game). I’m not so sure AR can be fixed to play QB at the next level, but whoever takes him better have 5 years. As for Levis, all this Josh Allen talk is BS, but if the Colts have to take one of them, I hope it is Levis and not AR.

Last edited:
Josh Allen is a nice comp. Richardson has similar accuracy troubles but all the tools to be great.

I’d love for the Bucs to take a shot at him with what’s likely a late teens early twenties pick.
except the brains and processing power

How do you know Richardson doesn’t possess these? 🤔
have you watched him play?

Of course not.
Well there you go

Users who are viewing this thread