What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Carson Wentz, KC (3 Viewers)

I would take anything Isray says with a grain of salt. This is a guy with a pill and drug problem. I've heard numerous people I know in the league complain about how Isray runs the team. This is a guy who had Peyton Manning a top Top 2 QB at the millennium and only won 1 SB with the guy. He's caused a lot of the actual in house Colts issues. He replaced Carson with a 37 yrs old Matt Ryan. I hate to say this as Matt is a local Philly guy and I know a lot of people in his camp. However the dude is a dead man walking out there and looks done. I'd be surprised if he last 2 more seasons. I've heard numerious people in the know say if the Colts don't do anything this year Isray will clean house in terms of firing Reich and Ballard. Blame them for Wentz and Ryan not doing their job and rinse and repeat. Josh McDaniels's might have been an ******* for accepting the Indy job then say Nah but honestly he probably realized before it was too late it'd be career suicide working with a drug addict owner who takes no accountability for himself.

I continue to roster this guy as a QB3 in start 1-qb dynasty (behind Burrow and Dak) with a 24-deep roster.

Am I dumb? Is there an opportunity cost calculator that can help me with this? Currently mulling him over the likes of OBJ, Marvin Jones, and an awesome crop of cheap rookies (Shakir, Jerome Ford, Danny "Ghost" Gray, Lance McCutcheon, and Jordan Mason).

I continue to roster this guy as a QB3 in start 1-qb dynasty (behind Burrow and Dak) with a 24-deep roster.

Am I dumb? Is there an opportunity cost calculator that can help me with this? Currently mulling him over the likes of OBJ, Marvin Jones, and an awesome crop of cheap rookies (Shakir, Jerome Ford, Danny "Ghost" Gray, Lance McCutcheon, and Jordan Mason).

No reason to keep him over those lottery tickets with the two qb's you have.

Carson Wentz completed 27-of-41 passes for 313 yards, four touchdowns and two interceptions in the Commanders' 28-22, Week 1 win over the Jaguars.

Wentz and the Jaguars came out hot in this one, as the embattled quarterback led Washington on back-to-back touchdown drives to open the game. Went'z first touchdown pass came on a three-yard toss to Curtis Samuel, while his second came on a seven-yard score to Jahan Dotson in the back of the end zone. A scoreless third quarter followed by back-to-back interceptions saw Wentz and the Commanders go down 22-14 early in the third quarterer, but they would respond with two quick touchdowns -- from 49 and 24 yards out to regain the lead before ultimately winning it 28-22. Wentz's inaccuracy and poor decision-making were on display at times in this one, but it was his big play ability that brought him to Washington this offseason -- which was also on display. Wentz could be a high-end QB2 next week at Detroit if today's efforts are any indication.

- NBCSportsEDGE

With Dak going down Wentz is an intriguing option if he is out there - that offense has some interesting weapons. Could see a rebound from Wentz

I thought he looked great at times. And I also think Washington has the potential ROY with Dotson. He was incredible. What'd he have to work with in Indy exactly? Pittman and? Now he's got 3 legit targets plus two great pass catching backs. He only took 1 sack and that INT by Walker was just freak athleticism on display. The other INT was bad, but I think Wentz had the best debut for a player on a new team than anybody else in the league.

Anybody else starting this guy tomorrow? I have Brady and from a fantasy perspective the Bucs seem to want to run the ball 35 times a game now. Terrified of starting this maniac but may need to.

Carson Wentz completed 30-of-46 passes for 337 yards, three touchdowns and one interception in the Commanders' 36-27, Week 2 loss to the Lions.​

It was a true tale of two halves for Wentz and the Commanders, who trailed 22-0 at halftime. It wasn't until their sixth drive that the Commanders notched their first, first down, with their first five drives ending in four punts and a safety. On their first drive of the third quarter, the Commanders fan pay dirt on a 15-yard touchdown pass to Curtis Samuel just moments after a 40-yard reception by Jahan Dotson. Wentz would toss an interception on the following drive but led another scoring drive on the following possession -- finding Logan Thomas for a 20-yard touchdown. Wentz would later connect with Jahan Dotson on a one-yard score late in the fourth quarter to draw within nine points, but that would be all for the now 1-1 Commanders. Wentz looked rattled at times in the first half but put together a solid second-half performance that was reminiscent of last week's win over the Jaguars. He's likely nothing more than a QB2 next week against the Eagles.
Sep 18, 2022, 4:51 PM ET

Anybody else starting this guy tomorrow? I have Brady and from a fantasy perspective the Bucs seem to want to run the ball 35 times a game now. Terrified of starting this maniac but may need to.

I started too over lance. It was horrific in first half but really turned it up second half. Felt like a classic Jalen hurts jameis Winston game. It could get ugly if you look at live scoring or if they turn down the passing volume but wentz has been a pleasant surprise for fantasy

Everyone wanting to blame Wentz and he's not there this time. Colts biggest issues are an owner who thinks he's Jerruah Jones and gets too involved and has a drug problem. Reich and Ballard will be let go before the season ends or shortly after. Wentz never had a chance in Indy last year as Jim Isray the owner never wanted him to begin with. I've heard he's a hard owner to work for. Josh McDaniels had 2nd thoughts after hearing from friends who worked in that org which is why he pulled out of the job. Isray went and told his team to trade for a QB who's on his last legs may not even last the season in Matt Ryan.

This is the same owner who had Peyton Manning for over and decade and could only mustard 1 SB? Put Peyton on NE and he beats the Giants twice plus has the other SB wins. I don't think Brady ends up winning as many SBs if the roles were reversed. Isray is a major problem in Indy

Like I said before in this thread Carson didn't seem to have a chance in Indy. Even myself at first thought he'd be better suited in Indy when he went and wasn't. So far so good in WAS. Next week he plays his old team the Eagles. As an Eagles fan we all know how these things go. Former player was traded or cut and his first game against us they always have a big game or several. After Chip Kelly Released DeSean Jackson he routinely burned us in TB and then in WAS. Is Carson the next or does Jalen Reagor on MNF pull off an upset first?

Its only 2 games but could you imagine the steal Washington got if Wentz keeps this up and re-establishes himself as a franchise QB. That would be some story!

Not even close to that yet - but he seems to be in his best position to succeed in years - no QB looking over his shoulder, solid coaching staff that supports him, nice weapons to use....this could be a great comeback story if he keeps it up

Its only 2 games but could you imagine the steal Washington got if Wentz keeps this up and re-establishes himself as a franchise QB. That would be some story!

Not even close to that yet - but he seems to be in his best position to succeed in years - no QB looking over his shoulder, solid coaching staff that supports him, nice weapons to use....this could be a great comeback story if he keeps it up
It would be a great story but I still have my doubts. That being said, I am keeping a close eye on him since my QB is the underwhelming Russ.

It didn't really work out for Winston in his 33 TD / 30 INT season, but Wentz should have better splits than him. He could certainly get in the Cousins range of he can start in the NFL but you could replace him given the opportunity. Commanders look like a top 10 offense easy this year as long as their weapons stay healthy. NFC east looks like goldmine once Dak is back and hopefully plays well.

Don't forget the fact that Covid and being unvaccinated was a huge reason why his 2021 season went south. That's gone (at least, I hope to hell we never have to live through this again).

Carson Wentz completed 25-of-43 passes for 211 yards in the Commanders' 24-8 Week 3 loss to the Eagles, adding three rushes for 22 yards.

Wentz found himself in Week 3 after looking abnormally proficient in the season's first two games. He was sacked nine times against his former team and hit on nearly every drop back. Wentz, who has a 4.9 yards per attempt on the day, appeared shaken up at least twice in the second half while his former teammates teed off on him. Wentz and the Commanders never seemed particularly interested in moving the ball or scoring points; the team all but gave up shortly before halftime against a vastly superior opponent. Wentz should be considered a matchup-based fantasy option who should be able to get by on garbage time in a pass-first Commanders offense. He'll be a serviceable streaming option in Week 4 against Dallas.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Wentz isn't the problem. I mean he's immobile and lacks pocket presence, but they knew they were getting that. They should have planned for it with a run centric offense. Instead they have a pass happy OC. Their RBs have run the ball 50 times. They have thrown it 130 times. I think a little noticed change is Turner moved to the sidelines this year rather than calling plays from the box. I think it's taken him from average to awful. He can't see what we are seeing on TV. It's so obvious, yet he keeps calling 5-7 step QB drops. Wentz is average, yes. But his coaches are putting him and the OL behind the 8ball before a snap even happens

Wentz isn't the problem. I mean he's immobile and lacks pocket presence, but they knew they were getting that. They should have planned for it with a run centric offense. Instead they have a pass happy OC. Their RBs have run the ball 50 times. They have thrown it 130 times. I think a little noticed change is Turner moved to the sidelines this year rather than calling plays from the box. I think it's taken him from average to awful. He can't see what we are seeing on TV. It's so obvious, yet he keeps calling 5-7 step QB drops. Wentz is average, yes. But his coaches are putting him and the OL behind the 8ball before a snap even happens

Yeah he had some problems but the team isn't doing anything to help themselves here and him either.

I'll add to this that Taylor Heinicke was a success relative to his ability due to his ability to extend plays. The OL could be exactly what they are ... adequate. And Turner could be pass happy in his play calls. Heinicke could extend the play and was willing to throw it up for grabs. But if you go get a Wentz, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacoo, type you simply can't be a pass happy play caller. You gotta establish a run or the pocket is gonna collapse every time. Turner called numerous play action passes in the second half down 24 points. Um, Scott, you aren't fooling anyone with the play action when you haven't run the ball and you are down 24 with 5 mins to go.

He really has been awful. Now granted, the line would probably turn any QB into a hot mess but still...I say play the rookie and see what you got.

And what stinks for Washington fans is, because what they are paying him, they likely won't bench him even though doing so would save the team's 2nd round pick next year. Howell looked really good in preseason, why not see what he can do this year. Because the team is going to have an early draft pick, might as well know what direction needs to be taken next year. Oh, and letting Sherrif walk...really stupid. That line is straight garbage.

Carson Wentz (shoulder) was removed from the Week 6 injury report and will play against the Bears.​

Wentz was limited in practice to start the week but was cleared on the team's final injury report. It has been a rough start to Wentz's tenure as a Commander. The team has just one win and ranks 26th in points per game. For fantasy purposes, Wentz has gotten their a handful of times, though plenty of his production comes when the game is out of hand. He has three games with more than 300 yards and multiple scores. Versus the Bears, he slots in as a mid-range QB2.
SOURCE: Sam Fortier on Twitter
Oct 12, 2022, 3:13 PM ET

On 106.7 DC radio this AM ... "Carson Wentz was a move made directly by Dan Snyder that Ron agreed to". Don't know if I believe that. But the person they interviewed Seth Wickersham from ESPN is usually reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread