What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Case Keenum, HOU (1 Viewer)

Lord. WA has a choice matchup this week. Giants are one of the worst teams against pass. And with Danny taking over for NYG, it may be a high scoring game on both sides, the kind that favor QBs.

But between the walking boot and the uncertainty of whether Keenum will even get to start or finish the game, it is hard to trust him. Ugh.

But between the walking boot and the uncertainty of whether Keenum will even get to start or finish the game, it is hard to trust him. Ugh.
Yep, the league I have him in I decided to actually drop him for someone I want to root for. :shrugs:

Sometimes it's for fun. 

Case Keenum (foot) was officially listed as "full" in Thursday's practice.

It means he will be out there against the Giants. The new question is, will Terry McLaurin. McLaurin popped up as "limited" on Thursday's injury report with a hamstring issue. McLaurin's absence would significantly curb Keenum's (already risky) streaming appeal.

Sep 26, 2019, 3:48 PM ET

Man, just as I was licking my chops at this matchup...first he may lose the job, then the walking boot, but now back to practice.

If he's starting Sunday I think I'm gonna pick him up and play him over Josh Allen. Too bad defenses fighting it out.

He might be struggling in real-life but he's been pretty damn good in fantasy. Top 10 after 3 weeks, and even after 5 turnovers against the Bears he ended up with 17 points in my league.

I dropped him even though I like this matchup and week 6 vs MIA is even better. The problem is between the injury and the status of the team, he could be pulled from the game. It really sucks to see your starting QB on the bench. Just too much risk.

Man, just as I was licking my chops at this matchup...first he may lose the job, then the walking boot, but now back to practice.

If he's starting Sunday I think I'm gonna pick him up and play him over Josh Allen. Too bad defenses fighting it out.

He might be struggling in real-life but he's been pretty damn good in fantasy. Top 10 after 3 weeks, and even after 5 turnovers against the Bears he ended up with 17 points in my league.
That’s exactly what I did. Picked him up and I’m playing him over Allen.

🙏🏿

I dropped him even though I like this matchup and week 6 vs MIA is even better. The problem is between the injury and the status of the team, he could be pulled from the game. It really sucks to see your starting QB on the bench. Just too much risk.
Exact same here, and I was an early adopter of Keenum for fantasy, going back to Minnesota's run in the playoffs that year.

Case Keenum (foot) was in a walking boot at Wednesday's practice.

Colt McCoy and No. 15 overall pick Dwayne Haskins split first-team reps. Even if Keenum were practicing, it's hard to imagine him getting the nod only one week after being benched for compiling an empty 37 yards on 11 attempts against a pitiful Giants secondary. McCoy's the likely candidate to follow Jay Gruden like a lamb to the slaughter against the Patriots in Week 5.

SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter

Oct 2, 2019, 3:03 PM ET

Coach Bill Callahan announced Case Keenum will start for the Redskins' Week 6 matchup against the Dolphins.

Dwayne Haskins was named the backup, meaning Colt McCoy will probably be inactive. Keenum actually put together some decent fantasy performances to start the season with 300-plus yards and multiple touchdowns against the Eagles and Bears, but even a cozy matchup against the Dolphins should be approached with extreme caution. This new-look Redskins offense is expected to rely heavily on Adrian Peterson and the ground game, meaning all of the pass catchers except Terry McLaurin and potentially Vernon Davis are probably better left alone in fantasy.

SOURCE: JP Finlay on Twitter.

Oct 11, 2019, 1:55 PM ET

Just picked him up to start this weekend. I can't believe there is zero chatter on any FF site to play Keenum this week. Miami has worst pass defense in the league.  This is why it's better to ignore the "experts" sometimes and roll with a player that should have an excellent (fantasy wise) game.  

Just picked him up to start this weekend. I can't believe there is zero chatter on any FF site to play Keenum this week. Miami has worst pass defense in the league.  This is why it's better to ignore the "experts" sometimes and roll with a player that should have an excellent (fantasy wise) game.  
Tell that to the people that started him against the second-worst pass defense in the league, the NYG. The game that saw him get pulled after about a quarter or so. 

same...but it was him or daniel jones for me.  easy choice.  

CowboyFan said:
I'm going with Case this week.  Miami is giving up an average of 36.4 points to opposing quarterbacks.  That's 5 more points than second worst.  Case was the 9th highest scoring quarterback before he got hurt.  He didn't score less than 23 points in any of the first 3 games.  He has a very high floor assuming he doesn't get hurt.  

I'm going with Case this week.  Miami is giving up an average of 36.4 points to opposing quarterbacks.  That's 5 more points than second worst.  Case was the 9th highest scoring quarterback before he got hurt.  He didn't score less than 23 points in any of the first 3 games.  He has a very high floor assuming he doesn't get hurt.  
As @rockaction said above, just be aware of his short leash.  He wasn't pulled in game 4 vs the Giants due to injury.  I watched that game, and he was sucking.  You never know though.  This battle of the cellar dwellers could be a very high scoring fun game.  A Case can be made for starting Keenum.

As @rockaction said above, just be aware of his short leash.  He wasn't pulled in game 4 vs the Giants due to injury.  I watched that game, and he was sucking.  You never know though.  This battle of the cellar dwellers could be a very high scoring fun game.  A Case can be made for starting Keenum.
Case had been in a walking boot between weeks 3 and 4.  And I don't think the new regime is going to play musical chairs with the quarterbacks.  They aren't going to want that kind of instability at this juncture. And Haskins did not look ready.  Keenum still gives them the best chance of winning even if he starts the game off poorly.

Case had been in a walking boot between weeks 3 and 4.  And I don't think the new regime is going to play musical chairs with the quarterbacks.  They aren't going to want that kind of instability at this juncture. And Haskins did not look ready.  Keenum still gives them the best chance of winning even if he starts the game off poorly.
I certainly won't argue with you there.  He was a deer in the headlights.  You know, the more I think of it, the more I agree with you.  If their only option is to bring in Haskins, I guess Keenum's leash is pretty long.  How's this for a stat - Keenum has as many TD's passes vs CHI as Rodgers, Cousins, Flacco, and Carr combined!

I'm playing him in DFS. The short leash was with Gruden. Callahan said Haskins is not ready. Doesn't seem likely he'd already bring him in today.

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan confirmed Case Keenum will remain the starter for Thursday night's Week 8 game against the Vikings.

"We still have a lot of faith in Case and his ability," said Callahan in the aftermath of Sunday's shutout loss to San Francisco. Keenum wasn't impressive in that game (77 yards on 9-of-12 passing), though awful weather conditions and a stout Niners defense had a lot to do with that. Dwayne Haskins' time is undoubtedly coming. We just don't know when.

SOURCE: NBC Sports Washington

Oct 21, 2019, 10:14 AM ET

Case Keenum was forced from Washington's Week 8 game against the Vikings with a concussion.

Keenum didn't miss any time in the first half but wasn't out there for the first play of the third quarter. He was ruled out soon thereafter. Keenum had a strong first two quarters, completing 12-of-16 passes for 130 yards as he picked on Xavier Rhodes. The veteran did also lose a fumble, though he had some extra yardage that didn't show up in the box score via defensive pass interference. With Colt McCoy inactive, overmatched rookie Dwayne Haskins is finishing out the night under center. Keenum, who has a history of concussions, has 10 days to get cleared for Week 9 against the Bills.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:58 PM ET

Speaking after Thursday's loss to the Vikings, Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan confirmed Case Keenum (concussion) will remain the starter for Week 9 if healthy.

Anyone who saw Dwayne Haskins play this evening understands why. Whoever is under center next week will have the thankless job of trying to generate points on the road against the Bills' elite defense.

SOURCE: Kareem Copeland on Twitter

Oct 25, 2019, 12:08 AM ET

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said Case Keenum (concussion) could still play Week 9 against the Bills if he feels better Friday.

Keenum remains in the concussion protocol, though Callahan is still holding out hope he'll play Sunday when the Redskins travel to Buffalo. If Keenum can't clear the league's protocol in time, first-round rookie Dwayne Haskins would be in line for his first career start. It would be a brutal matchup for Haskins, who has struggled in his two cameos this year (four interceptions, 34.5 quarterback rating).

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter

Oct 31, 2019, 3:24 PM ET

Who is backing up Keenum, guy might not finish the evening. I wouldn't start a single Browns skill player that night, total suicide mission. 

Who is backing up Keenum, guy might not finish the evening. I wouldn't start a single Browns skill player that night, total suicide mission. 
 Eh, I dunno....Tretter, Conklin, and Wills all were Limited today, listed as questionable for tomorrow.  They may have a complete and healthy O-line.

Case Keenum completed 21-of-33 passes for 199 yards and a touchdown in the Browns' 17-14, Week 7 win over the Broncos. 

Keenum added four carries for seven yards. It was a windy night by Lake Erie, but Keenum's passes didn't have much zip on them. He was lucky to escape with zero turnovers, especially after he fumbled into the end zone on a fourth down carry. The Browns recovered and lived to see another day. Keenum appeared to have poor timing with Odell Beckham, while a returning Jarvis Landry twisted up his left leg late. Keenum was carried by his run game and No. 3 back D'Ernest Johnson. Baker Mayfield's non-throwing shoulder is not just torn, but also broken. It's unclear when or if he will be able to return. If Keenum gets another start in Week 8 against the Steelers, he will not be on the streaming radar. Keenum has toughness to spare but is running low on raw physical talent at age 33. 

Oct 21, 2021, 11:29 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Browns QB Case Keenum has tested positive for COVID-19 and QB Nick Mullens is now in line to start for the Browns on Sunday.

There's probably a more ideal situation for the Browns then fighting for their playoff lives against the Raiders with their third-string quarterback, but this is where current NFL protocols have led us to. The Browns will likely look to run the ball an awful lot with Nick Chubb on Saturday. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 16, 2021, 5:09 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread