What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jimmy Garoppolo, LAR (1 Viewer)

Explains why there was that odd delay in officially signing the Grop.

So let's recap... Not only does the top-ten 1st rounder have a serious question about the health of his foot, but so too does the starting QB. Feet are kind of important for football. Either the Raiders have amazing medical advisors or they are ****ing idiots.

Explains why there was that odd delay in officially signing the Grop.
Spot on.

And to add to this the Raiders can cut him at anytime before the can pass a physical and owe him nothing.

Carson Wentz is still out there….as gross as that may be.
I mean, other than 2022, Wentz has been better than Jimmy G for most of his career. Cam Newton is out there too, and we know McDaniels likes him, and he was ok in NE (3 years ago) Would they just roll with longtime McDaniels clipboard holder Brian Hoyer?

Does Davante stay if they are questionable at QB? I mean he won't be Hopkins'd as someone would certainly trade for Adams (as he's arguably the best WR in the league) but a lot of question marks entering June.

Raiders are probably looking at a last place finish regardless, and likely another top-7 pick.

All kidding aside, if Jimmy can’t go, could it be “Brady time”?

Stay tuned
That would honestly be a best-case scenario for the Raiders. Brady is still clearly a much better QB than Jimmy G is, and that's when Jimmy G is healthy. Would also be the best-case scenario for Davante Adams/Josh Jacobs as well.

I mean, other than 2022, Wentz has been better than Jimmy G for most of his career. Cam Newton is out there too, and we know McDaniels likes him, and he was ok in NE (3 years ago) Would they just roll with longtime McDaniels clipboard holder Brian Hoyer?

Does Davante stay if they are questionable at QB? I mean he won't be Hopkins'd as someone would certainly trade for Adams (as he's arguably the best WR in the league) but a lot of question marks entering June.

Raiders are probably looking at a last place finish regardless, and likely another top-7 pick.

My brother in science…..Jimmy G has played in Super Bowls and NFC championships and important big time games with big time implications his entire career. Carson Wentz was brilliant for a little over half a season, like league MVP brilliant, and has gotten worse every single second of his life since lol.

I know he’s not an *actually* good quarterback but the man deserves a whole lot more credit than this. If he could stay on the field I bet he’d have a ring.

My brother in science…..Jimmy G has played in Super Bowls and NFC championships and important big time games with big time implications his entire career. Carson Wentz was brilliant for a little over half a season, like league MVP brilliant, and has gotten worse every single second of his life since lol.

I know he’s not an *actually* good quarterback but the man deserves a whole lot more credit than this. If he could stay on the field I bet he’d have a ring.
I don't think Jimmy G deserves much credit at all. Kyle Shanahan has CARRIED him. Easiest QB job in the NFL. Brock Purdy was an instant upgrade, and the offense wasn't noticeably worse when Beathard/Mullens were filling in. I'm sure if Sam Darnold sees the field, he'll suddenly look like a quality QB.

I'll actually take the counterpoint, that if Garoppolo stayed on the field more, he'd be more exposed than he's been. His injuries have given him excuses for his shortcomings.

The best-case scenario for Raiders fans, is Tom Brady, and as someone who is indifferent to the situation, that's the outcome I'm rooting for.

It would also be the first time Brady willingly played for a team with a terrible defense.

It would only be the second time in his 23-year career where he could choose where he was playing.
other than any time he wanted to go to free agency but elected to extend his time in NE

At no point was there ever any doubt he was staying in New England until they parted ways at the end.

It would also be the first time Brady willingly played for a team with a terrible defense.

It would only be the second time in his 23-year career where he could choose where he was playing.
other than any time he wanted to go to free agency but elected to extend his time in NE

At no point was there ever any doubt he was staying in New England until they parted ways at the end.

Right, because he chose to stay with great defense, coach etc.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports the Raiders expect QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot surgery) to be cleared to practice.
Garoppolo is expected to avoid the active/PUP list after he was sidelined for Raiders’ OTAs. The Raiders shut down Garoppolo the last two months with the injury and can get out of his contract if they released him, leading to concerns over his status with the team. Getting cleared for the start of the preseason puts Garoppolo on track to be ready for Week 1.

From Thursday joint practice vs 49`ers

• Jimmy Garoppolo was on fire Thursday, with a number of incompletions you could count on hand throughout the whole practice. The former 49ers quarterback was obviously still pretty familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of their defense and was able to zero in well on his new receivers.
  • "For the most part, it was the same guys I was going against last year," said Garoppolo. "Fred [Warner] running the show, the D-line is still damn good. It's a talented group, but I thought we held our own today."
  • This joint practice was a great example of how tantalizing the trio of Davante Adams, Jakobi Meyers and Hunter Renfrow could be. All three receivers fared well against a stingy 49ers secondary, with Adams and Meyers making routine catches out wide and Renfrow showcasing his skills in the slot.

Jimmy Garoppolo completed 20-of-26 passes for 200 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception in the Raiders’ 17-16, Week 1 win over the Broncos.

Garoppolo’s interception came on a forced throw to the corner of the end zone that was tipped and picked off, taking at least three points off the board. He peppered free agent acquisition Jakobi Meyers prior the wide receiver departing in the fourth quarter with concussion symptoms following a vicious helmet-to-helmet collision. Garoppolo worked the short-to-intermediate areas of the field with precision but managed a game-long completion of just 21 yards, which could become an issue as the season progresses considering the lack of a downfield player in this offense. The Raiders now set their sights on the Bills in Week 2.

- Rotoworld

This just in: Jimmy Garoppolo has now thrown more interceptions in three games than Kenny Pickett. And more interceptions than Brock Purdy has thrown touchdowns in three games.

But wait, there's more!

He's now has thrown more interceptions in three games than Zack Wilson!

BUT JIMMY G IS A WINNER!

Who in three games has won as many games as Zach Wilson, and one less game than Kenny Pickett!

Anyone with half an eye for this game has long known that Jimmy Grop is a fraud.

It's the first game in his albeit truncated career due to he being always injured where he threw three interceptions in a game but against a defense that currently is ranked 23rd in points allowed/against. Forget his career in San Francisco, I mean Brock Purdy was just a draft pick away from becoming a UDFA, and has played better than he has with the 49ers in a shorter period.

Garoppolo is a one read QB, limited, doesn't elevate the offense, he's like a handsome actor that can't improvise and go off book. He is Alec Baldwin in the SNL skiit "Handsome Actor".

"Is that a meteor?"

No Mr. President, it's an edge rusher, and we're doomed because what you launched was intercepted by hitting the button while rushed into triple coverage.

Interesting dichotomy here:

Brock Prudy has not made fans miss Jimmy Garoppolo...

But...

Jimmy Garoppolo has made fans miss Derek Carr

It's funny how ghosting plays into this, like how Garoppolo ghosts everyone on his Insta except retired Brazzers MiLFs, while GEQBUS preps for week 10 in Kittle's pool house.

Raiders HC Josh McDaniels says Jimmy Garoppolo has entered the league’s concussion protocol.

It’s a bit alarming to know Garoppolo is in concussion protocol when we consider he played the length of Sunday’s Week 3 loss to the Steelers. He was not available to speak to media after the game due to the team evaluating him for a concussion, and he will now have to clear protocol in time for the Raiders’ Week 4 matchup against the Chargers. Brian Hoyer is listed as the backup to Garoppolo on the depth chart, but rookie Aidan O’Connell could have an outside shot at earning the start after a strong preseason.

File this under the "Nobody Cares" file - well now that 'Nut can't find a hyperbolic Lombardi Xitter anymore that only shows that math scores are still low in Florida education...

The comment section is the first one I have ever read football fans clamor for AOC because they already know the season is lost only three games into it. And it isn't over climate change. Maybe they see the torrent of INT's coming that will flood the basement of the division where Garoppolo has thrown as many INTs as a "Let Russ not Burn the Scrambled Eggs" has TDs, and currently the worst QB in the AFCW.

Last season against the Chargers, Garoppolo posted O TDs 0 INTs 240 yards passing with Christian McCaffery and the number 1 defense.

The 49ers finished last season with the offense ranked 6th of 32 in PF, 1 of 32 in PA.

The Raiders in three games into this season:

29th in PF, 24th in PF.

No wonder Davante is depressed. Garoppolo has thrown more INTs and less TDs this season to in three starts to Jarret Stidham's in two starts last season. In a system and offense he should be more familiar with.

An injury history matters when it comes to a quarterback, and Garoppolo's injury history can be directly tied to his play. It will not elveate his play, he cannot overcome them, as mediocre as he has been, he will only get worse, and it has Raiders fans thinking "Tank tthe season for Coach Prime and Caleb because the PSL's in Las Vegas cost more, and because nobody wanted to go to Oakland, but evreyone wants to go to Las Vegas", thus you will see more fans of opposing teams at Allegiant, because Jimmy Garoppolo is quarterback. Well, at least maybe until week 8, when the hot seat get's so hot under McDaniels fat butt because Jimmy Garoppolo was quarterback, and both offense and defense are ranked dead last in PA and PF.

Garoppolo doesn't play with confidence, He plays more out of desperation, thus missed throws, skittish in the pocket, and hospital balls that get's his targets injured. You know. those "tight window" throws over the middle that were more 50/50 balls that keeps the cart guy and the training staff on high alert. Three games into this season, he's already thrown less TDs and more INTs than Stidham had in two game last season.

Garoppolo is done.

Last edited:
I smell a rat. The way Khalil Mack went off on the Raiders, I think they kept Garoppolo in concussion protocol just to save him from going on IR the rest of the season. Hell, he probably tore a ligament in his thumb switching the channels on his TV between games while at home in Las Vegas.

Garoppolo set to return after a week plus under concussion protocol, possibly without Davante Adams. Does anyone have a cart guy on their FF roster? I think he's gonna have a game tonight.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Jimmy Garoppolo will undergo follow-up tests on the back injury he suffered in the Raiders’ Week 6 win over the Patriots.
Schefter also noted in his social media post that the team believes it’s “too early to conclude anything about his status for Sunday at Chicago.” Garoppolo went to a local hospital to be evaluated for internal injuries after exiting the game, but the team reportedly believes he avoided significant injuries. We’ll know more on his status as the week progresses, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see Brian Hoyer or Aidan O’Connell draw the start in Week 7 against the Bears.

Jimmy Garoppolo (back) will return to practice on Thursday.
Thursday marks the Raiders’ first practice of the week as they prepare for Monday night’s game against the Lions. Garoppolo missed last week’s contest against the Bears, but is expected to start barring any setbacks. Currently sitting at 3-4, the Raiders will look to reverse their fortunes following a loss to Tyson Bagent in prime time against the Lions. Garoppolo and the Raiders will have their work cut out for them, as the Lions have one five of their last seven games at home. Garoppolo will be on the fantasy radar as a low-end QB2.

There should be action layed down on which quarter of the game that Garoppolo gets pulled due to injury this coming MNF. I'd be generous and say the third quarter, where a blister on his plant foot makes his back stiffen up, seize and throws an INT that also takes Davante out at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread