What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jordan Love, GB (1 Viewer)

Should we be getting excited about this guy? :oldunsure:

I would be. I'm not a quarterback analyst, but he looked really smooth in the game he took over for Rodgers this year. If Aaron Jones is saying he's ready, I put stock in that.

But you never know until DCs start scheming against his weaknesses, whatever they may be.

I would be. I'm not a quarterback analyst, but he looked really smooth in the game he took over for Rodgers this year. If Aaron Jones is saying he's ready, I put stock in that.

But you never know until DCs start scheming against his weaknesses, whatever they may be.
It’s interesting - usually a dude who’s looking like a starter gets a ton of buzz. It’s kinda crickets on social media. One twitter dude (packers beat guy) and shockingly no YouTubers are making content about him.

I believe I can acquire him in SF (see value topic) but the lack of buzz is concerning.

Shockingly little buzz for a dude SI said has Better odds of winning MVP than some established QBs just 2 days ago.
:oldunsure:

Still waiting to hear what my prospective trade partner wants for him, but I’m getting kinda interested in doing something stupid. lol
That's crazy that Love would have better MVP odds than the guy who won the Super Bowl (Stafford) a year ago. Feel like the Rams had the worst injury luck in the NFL last year.

Not really seeing the love for this guy. I'd consider making a futures bet that Love isn't the Packers starter in 2024. Kinda think we are about to see GB fall apart a little bit without Rodgers. I'd put the Packers over under for wins at about 6, and possibly betting the under if the Bears have a great offseason.

I feel like best case scenario, Love is a Daniel Jones level QB, where his mobility causes some problems for defenses, and GB can lean on the running game and not ask too much. Is LaFleur as good a playcaller as Daboll is a big question though, or has Rodgers experience/smarts papered over some issues.

Not really seeing the love for this guy. I'd consider making a futures bet that Love isn't the Packers starter in 2024. Kinda think we are about to see GB fall apart a little bit without Rodgers. I'd put the Packers over under for wins at about 6, and possibly betting the under if the Bears have a great offseason.
He’s looked awfully good in small sample sizes lately. He was excellent against the Eagles - which is not an easy task.

6’4”, 215-220, getting the ball out quick - If he gets the opportunity he could be a sneaky SF QB.

I would be thrilled with 2022 Daniel Jones numbers.

He’s looked awfully good in small sample sizes lately. He was excellent against the Eagles - which is not an easy task.

6’4”, 215-220, getting the ball out quick - If he gets the opportunity he could be a sneaky SF QB.

I would be thrilled with 2022 Daniel Jones numbers.
Awfully good is a pretty big overstatement I think. He threw a 10 yard pass to a wide open Christian Watson who then ran 53 yards for a TD. Beyond that he went 5-8 for 50 yards against a team playing soft defense.

2022 Daniel Jones numbers feels like a ceiling not an expectation. GB scored 1 fewer TD than NY this season, and that was with Rodgers. Also would require GB to use Love as a runner a lot more than they have when he's seen the field so far, which might just be a LaFleur thing.

My honest opinion, if Jordan Love is starting for GB next season, the Packers are one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL at QB. While I can see the similarities between Love replacing Rodgers, and Rodgers replacing Favre, I think its too neat to really work out that way. Love was nowhere near the prospect Rodgers was (draft spot be damned) and GB was a much better team in 2008 than they are in 2023. I said it in the Rodgers thread but I'll say it here too. I think Rodgers even in 2022, was covering up a lot of problems on this team/offense. I think Rodgers is still (currently anyway) the best QB in the NFC.

Can already see The J. Geils Band references “Love Stinks”.

I'm also thinking Joy Division "Love will Tear us Apart" is becoming more likely, at least among the mouth-breathers on social media.
For the metalheads
Great song but they were light metal at best. ;) “Hard rock” probably a better description.

They did kill headlining Day on the Green 1985, but Metallica was there for the RTL tour and that’s a tough act to follow. (Also RATT, Yngwe, Y&T, and a couple others that escape my memory - hey, it was a long time ago)

Can already see The J. Geils Band references “Love Stinks”.

I'm also thinking Joy Division "Love will Tear us Apart" is becoming more likely, at least among the mouth-breathers on social media.
For the metalheads
Same band and album but different song:

The idea of combining Jordan Love and hard rock/metal tunes with "Love" in the title is very appealing to me.

If I'm GB I may just roll out the chorus to Pantera's most excellent This Love every time he takes the field.

Owner got back to me. He’s interested in the 1.01, Lance, Higgins, Kmet, or Paye (my DE1)

It’s TE-P, start 2 TE, so Kmet is valuable.

I’m trying to steer him to 2024 picks, but man - them’s some steep asking prices out of the gate.

I’m trying to steer him to 2024 picks, but man - them’s some steep asking prices out of the gate.

Those are all way too much, if you ask me. Even for SF.
I completely agree. Most belong in the “what’s the worst” topic.

Why would I deal the 1.01 for Love when I can draft a better QB.

I told him I’m more inclined to deal a 2024 pick, so if that interests him, let me know.

Meanwhile I have the 2023 1.02 team engaged. I might offer him my 2024 1-2-3 for the 1.02 to give me 1.01 & 1.02

That would sold a lot of my immediate needs.

It’s interesting - usually a dude who’s looking like a starter gets a ton of buzz. It’s kinda crickets on social media. One twitter dude (packers beat guy) and shockingly no YouTubers are making content about him.

I believe I can acquire him in SF (see value topic) but the lack of buzz is concerning.
I think that will start once Rodgers makes his “announcement” on his future. Right now Rodgers is under contract and the teams starting QB despite all the smoke in the air. We went through the same thing last offseason and he ended up staying in Green Bay.

I think that will start once Rodgers makes his “announcement” on his future. Right now Rodgers is under contract and the teams starting QB despite all the smoke in the air. We went through the same thing last offseason and he ended up staying in Green Bay.
Yeah, I basically told dude “If Love ends up the starter & ARod gets dealt or retires we can revisit.”

I’m not paying guaranteed starter money for a dude who isn’t guaranteed to start.

Last edited:

Packers GM Brian Gutekunst said he'd "absolutely" be comfortable if Jordan Love starts for the Packers in Week 1.​

“I think he’s ready to play and I think he’s ready to be an NFL starting quarterback. Not every quarterback comes into this league ready to go out there and play. I think he needed a little time, but over the last year and a half or so, we’ve seen that’s the next step in his progression. He needs to go out and play," Gutenkunst elaborated. It's been suggested by Matt Schneidman that Love could ask for a trade if Aaron Rodgers returns to the Packers. The delicate tight-rope walk of non-committal by Gutekunst is probably about not stepping on Love's toes as much as it is leaving things open for Rodgers to return.
SOURCE: The Athletic
Feb 28, 2023, 2:15 PM ET

When was the last time a 1st rd QB got to sit for a couple years before being thrown into the fire, and it didn't work out?

When was the last time a 1st rd QB got to sit for a couple years before being thrown into the fire, and it didn't work out?
Very rare scenario, that usually means the QB isn't good enough to get on the field.

Brady Quinn barely played until year 3, he bombed completely.

Rodgers and Rivers both panned out, though they were WAY better prospects than Love was.

Chad Pennington is really the only other example since 2000.

Very rare scenario, that usually means the QB isn't good enough to get on the field.

Rodgers and Rivers both panned out, though they were WAY better prospects than Love was.

Carson Palmer sat behind Kitna for his first year

Carson Palmer sat behind Kitna for his first year
I didn't count guys who only sat 1 year.

If we amend it to that, there are several more examples, of which Palmer is probably the 2nd best guy after Mahomes.

Not much body of work to go off, but for those that have followed him, what's his rushing upside? Clearly that's critical from a fantasy standpoint these days.

He didn't really seem to run much in the few opportunities he has had with the Packers. Looking back on his college stats, he doesn't look like a runner

Thanks. May have been system based at Utah State, but duly noted. I don't see a ton of fantasy upside unless he becomes a top tier efficient passer like his predecessor, and that's a gigantic reach for sure.

Guy has a chance to be a top 5 qb in the NFC the minute he steps on the field. I wouldn't expect a ton of rushing numbers, but he'll run much more than Rodgers. I could see 300-350 rushing with 4-5 rushing scores

Guy has a chance to be a top 5 qb in the NFC the minute he steps on the field. I wouldn't expect a ton of rushing numbers, but he'll run much more than Rodgers. I could see 300-350 rushing with 4-5 rushing scores
Well, I agree he has a chance to be a Top 5 QB in NFC North. :ROFLMAO:

But with AJones/AJDillon, I don't see a lot of QB GL carries in his future.

Seems pretty optimistic. We have an extremely small sample size.

At this point, the hope is for competence & a new contract.

Lazard gone, and two really good RB - I’d expect GB to run more to protect Love a bit. Not sure how much Love will run, or if having him run with AJones & AJD on the team would make much sense.

Seems pretty optimistic. We have an extremely small sample size.

At this point, the hope is for competence & a new contract.

Lazard gone, and two really good RB - I’d expect GB to run more to protect Love a bit. Not sure how much Love will run, or if having him run with AJones & AJD on the team would make much sense.
Have you seen the qbs in the NFC?

Hurts, Dak, Cousins, Carr, Murray, Jones, Goff, Stafford. That's the top 8. Fantasy wise Fields will be up there, but IRL, you really don't think Love could crack the top 5 of that group? An already injured Murray. An already injured Stafford with no weapons? Carr with what?

My assumption is GB will get the #13 from NYJ. I can't imagine Woody not giving it up for Rodgers.

That would give them 13 and 15. Add Smith-Njigba and Mayer. That's a young group of weapons. Lazard was hardly a game breaking weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread