What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Justin Fields, PIT (2 Viewers)

Claypool is exactly what this offense needed.
A WR that plays smaller than his size who falls down during jump ball situations instead of dominating the point of the catch against smaller DBs?!?

:lol:
Just saw this now- what I meant was an NFL caliber player. Claypool has a lot of issues and isn't an alpha WR by any means. However, he is big and fast which provides some challenges for defenses. When you look at the WRs on Chicago after Mooney, it's clear Claypool is a big upgrade.

New NFL record for rushing yds by a QB in a single game
178 yds on just 3 rushing attempts
60 yds per carry for the game

Where the hell did I get 3 from? CFG says 15 carries, he's right

Last edited:
Started him over Brady. 59.4 in that IDP league format W/small bonuses for 100+ Ru, and distance TDs.

Fields is a FF god.
:wub:

In my 16 team IDP TE-P I had Fields/kmet.

Just….wow.
I picked him up off the waiver wire this week lol. Started him over Trevor Lawrence. I'm pretty sure he's going to win me my league.
I grabbed him week 4. Traded for Brady, ut he’s looked bad and had a tough matchup.

Welcome to the starting lineup forever Mr Fields. Please keep doing this.

First of all it was Miami D, they are god awful on the road.

Second, Chicago has tweaked their offense about a month ago, DC will pick the tape apart and make adjustments
Would not be surprised if you see teams just rush their lanes to keep him in the pocket and throw against zone all the time

He is a god awful passer, can't read a defense. Jackson is a much better passer than Fields
Fields is a rudimentary passer, he will be exposed in the coming weeks

Second, Chicago has tweaked their offense about a month ago, DC will pick the tape apart and make adjustments
Would not be surprised if you see teams just rush their lanes to keep him in the pocket and throw against zone all the time

He is a god awful passer, can't read a defense. Jackson is a much better passer than Fields
Ok

Started him over Brady. 59.4 in that IDP league format W/small bonuses for 100+ Ru, and distance TDs.

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
Dropped Brady after seeing Fields on the FA waiver wire. Felt like a bold and refreshing move. WOW! Did that pay off. Playing against the team who has Mixon. I still need 7 + points out of Kamara to win a high scoring affair.

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
Dropped Brady after seeing Fields on the FA waiver wire. Felt like a bold and refreshing move. WOW! Did that pay off. Playing against the team who has Mixon. I still need 7 + points out of Kamara to win a high scoring affair.
Almost the exact same scenario with me, except I have Taysom Hill going tonight.

He threw 3 TDs and ran for a 61 yard score, setting the single game record for RuYd. He's had FF games (in my format) of 24.4, 24.5, 29.4, 35.4 and 59.5 over the last 5 games, while throwing 8 TDs to 2 Ints over that span, and scoring another 3 TD on the ground. They've finally decided to get Kmet involved in the passing game to terrific results.

He is a literal FF cheat code. His rushing ability gives him a QB1 weekly ceiling, and his floor has still been top 12 over the last month+.

Clearly he can read a defense, because he just threw 3 TDs and ran for 178 yards.

He's run for 47, 88, 82, 60, and 172 yards in those 5 games. That's the equivalent of 7.5 additional TDs. More, if your league has 4 point PaTD (where it would be worth an additional 11.23 PaTD)

Negging Fields after this 5 week stretch, and this last game in particular is simply preposterous. If it were that easy to contain him, DCs would have done it by now.

And they just added Claypool to give Fields one more legitimate weapon in the passing game.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions, but they don't seem to mesh with the reality of the last 5 games.

Last edited:

He threw 3 TDs and ran for a 61 yard score, setting the single game record for RuYd. He's had FF games (in my format) of 24.4, 24.5, 29.4, 35.4 and 59.5 over the last 5 games, while throwing 8 TDs to 2 Ints over that span, and scoring another 3 TD on the ground. They've finally decided to get Kmet involved in the passing game to terrific results.

He is a literal FF cheat code. His rushing ability gives him a QB1 weekly ceiling, and his floor has still been top 12 over the last month+.

Clearly he can read a defense, because he just threw 3 TDs and ran for 178 yards.

He's run for 47, 88, 82, 60, and 172 yards in those 5 games. That's the equivalent of 7.5 additional TDs. More, if your league has 4 point PaTD (where it would be worth an additional 11.23 PaTD)

Negging Fields after this 5 week stretch, and this last game in particular is simply preposterous. If it were that easy to contain him, DCs would have done it by now.

And they just added Claypool to give Fields one more legitimate weapon in the passing game.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions, but they don't seem to mesh with the reality of the last 5 games.
Speaking of Claypool, he was getting mugged on that throw at the end of the game. Not sure why that wasn’t PI.

Speaking of Claypool, he was getting mugged on that throw at the end of the game. Not sure why that wasn’t PI.
I just watched that play - the sports analyst who tweeted it said it was probably the single most egregious non-call for DPI he's seen this year. I agree.

annnnnnnnnd this.

It's hilarious to listen to the guys in my league use the same broken logic to criticize Fields. Nagy is a joke so forget last year. First year in the new offense and he's already showing major leaps every week. He is now QB7 on the year having one of the worst WR corps in the league - they just added Claypool who I don't think is amazing, but still an upgrade. They are finally scheming around his strengths rather than square peg round holing. I bet even after the start he had he ends up in top 5 QB by end of year which is pretty impressive!

annnnnnnnnd this.

It's hilarious to listen to the guys in my league use the same broken logic to criticize Fields. Nagy is a joke so forget last year. First year in the new offense and he's already showing major leaps every week. He is now QB7 on the year having one of the worst WR corps in the league - they just added Claypool who I don't think is amazing, but still an upgrade. They are finally scheming around his strengths rather than square peg round holing. I bet even after the start he had he ends up in top 5 QB by end of year which is pretty impressive!

He certainly looks like a league winner right now.

I agree with everything you said. Yesterday he looked like Lamar Jackson in his fantasy MVP season.

annnnnnnnnd this.

These are many of the same criticisms used against Jalen Hurts. This is the first time Hurts has been in the same system for more than a year and growth has been tremendous. The game slows down, they're more confident and their natural ability just takes over. QBs who haven't even finished their second year and people are ready to move on is just unreasonable imho.

As someone who has some shares of Chase Claypool, I'm happy to see Fields' growth these last few weeks.

annnnnnnnnd this.

I agree with everything you said. Yesterday he looked like Lamar Jackson in his fantasy MVP season.
He has been great lately but let’s see how the next few weeks play out.

I'm betting he's spectacular for the next 2 weeks.

Then he'll get tested by the Jets & Packers, both of whom have solid defenses. A week 14 BYE, and then he will get even more tested by the Eagles & Bills.

That said, GB, PHI & BUF are all at home, so slight benefit there.

I will likely wait to see how Brady is looking in 3 weeks before deciding how to roll for that stretch of games, but with his rushing ability, Fields is probably going to be locked into my lineup.

That said, if he produces 20-25 FF points per week during that difficult stretch, I predict a bunch of pundits coming in here to say, "see! it was all an illusion. he stinks!" based on extremely difficult matchups that pretty much every QB struggles in. Meanwhile, 20-25 FF points will put him as a top 10 starting FF QB in all leagues, so it will be a matter of interpretation, with each side claiming victory based on the same stats.

That's my prediction anyway.

One note about the Packers - they've struggled against the run, but are solid vs the pass. They've also taken some hits on D lately, so I'm not sure I'm going to put that one in the "tough matchup" category yet, depending on who's active on GBs defense for that game. Too early to call it.

If we are talking FF, I'm considering letting Burrow sit until Chase is back in the line up.
Somewhat pedestrian numbers the last 2 weeks after 42 and 50

Fields almost cleared 50 this week, I don't want to chase points but he is figuring defenses out. He's going to start catching teams with 1 and 2 spies LB/DB and they are going to commit to him and maybe that's when he can make a defense really pay with some vertical throws as he begins to scramble away from the pocket

New NFL record for rushing yds by a QB in a single game
178 yds on just 3 rushing attempts
60 yds per carry for the game

Where the hell did I get 3 from? CFG says 15 carries, he's right

Actually that was Kaepernick with 181 yards against packers in 2012 NFC divisional game.

But 178 is most in the regular season
Yes, those 3 yards really make Fields look like a scrub here by comparison. lol

Factually stated though, to be sure.

annnnnnnnnd this.

Next few weeks? I bet he's overall FF top 1 or 2 over the last month!

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
started him over Brady in 2 FFPC leagues 10 minutes before kickoff. got 2 wins where I would have got 2 losses. Figured Fields could get me 15 or 20 pts that Brady was going to put up. just nice to make a last minute decision that turned out, because most of mine don't & then I beat myself up all week.
cheers!

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
started him over Brady in 2 FFPC leagues 10 minutes before kickoff. got 2 wins where I would have got 2 losses. Figured Fields could get me 15 or 20 pts that Brady was going to put up. just nice to make a last minute decision that turned out, because most of mine don't & then I beat myself up all week.
cheers!
His rushing is such a high floor compared to Brady. TB just throws 5-10 yard passes now.

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
cheers!
His rushing is such a high floor compared to Brady. TB just throws 5-10 yard passes now.
I mean, yeah - I posted the math above.

Over 5 games in a 6 pt TD league, Brady would have had to have thrown the equivalent of 18.5 TD w/2 Int. In 4 pt TD leagues, Brady would have had to have thrown the equivelent of 22 TD w/2 Int over those 5 games.

Fields rushing ability is a game-changer for FF. He’s as much a cheat code at QB as Taysom Hill is at TE.

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
cheers!
I regret not starting him over Josh Allen in my NFC league. It was a 28 point difference, and I would have one this week with Fields.

Murray has been "ranked" higher than Fields the last couple of weeks. If I see one more "expert" with that same order this week it's immediate unfollow.

Fields is a FF god.

Just….wow.
cheers!
I am quite against the last second switch, it screws me way more than it doesn’t. Well done though!! I paired him up with Mixon 3X in FFPC. It’s been an awesome weekend of FF scores for my teams!

Users who are viewing this thread