What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Will Levis, TEN (1 Viewer)

Kentucky junior QB Will Levis has an 80+ PFF grade as a passer and rusher.

Levis (6'3"/222) had an incredible 2021 season after transferring from Penn State and is now heading into 2022 with a ton of hype. He finished the season with 2,826 passing yards and 24 touchdowns, 376 rushing yards, and nine touchdowns. His ability to move the ball with both his arms and legs earned him the honor of being the first SEC QB to earn an 80+ passing and rushing grade. He’s already getting the talk about being a top quarterback in the 2023 draft, and a great 2022 season will solidify it.

SOURCE: PFF

May 21, 2022, 11:51 AM ET

Kentucky redshirt senior QB Will Levis is expected to be one of the best players at the position in 2022.

Levis (6'3/222) is largely projected as a top-10 quarterbacks ahead of the 2022 college football season. For Mike Renner of Pro Football Focus, he's QB4. Renner ranked him directly ahead of Anthony Richardson of Florida and just behind Tanner McKee of Stanford: "Levis is one of the rare college quarterbacks whose PFF grade is actually better than his stats might suggest. That’s because he suffered from a rough case of turnover luck. He threw 13 interceptions last season but recorded only 11 turnover-worthy plays. That’s fewer than C.J. Stroud, who finished with just six interceptions."

SOURCE: PFF

May 28, 2022, 12:59 PM ET

Kentucky redshirt senior QB Will Levis isn't placing his focus on the hype ahead of the season.

Levis (6'3/222) is expected to be a first-rounder in 2023 after last year's meteoric rise that continued through the offseason, but he isn't letting it affect him. He elaborated upon this with CBS Sports Radio: “When that came out, obviously I don’t actively seek that out in the media, but if you’re on social media at all or what have you, there’s no way to not see it,” Levis said. “I had people sending it to me, and it popped up in my feed a couple times. But I can’t lie, it’s pretty cool seeing that stuff. You’ve got to just throw it away and keep focusing on what really matters, which is just working out right now and getting ready for this next season. As long as we have the season like we’re hoping to have, then everything else will fall into place.”

SOURCE: CBS Sports

Jun 21, 2022, 11:06 PM ET

Pro Football Network's NFL Draff analyst Cam Mellor mocked Kentucky redshirt junior QB Will Levis at number nine to Seattle in his recent mock draft.

Mellor cites Levis' (6'3/222) smooth natural throwing motion and quick decision making as reasons why the Kentucky signal caller is perhaps the top returning SEC signal caller (Spencer Rattler is not a returning SEC starter, he points out). His ability to move the ball with both his arms and legs earned him the honor of being the first SEC QB to earn an 80+ passing and rushing grade in the same season, no small feat. Though the Seahawks could make a play for Baker Mayfield, the better long term play is to eat a season under Drew Lock and pivot to a quarterback you can build around under a rookie deal. 

SOURCE: PFN

Jul 5, 2022, 11:32 AM ET

Kentucky redshirt junior QB Will Levis has flashes a lot of potential in multiple statistical categories.

There are few quarterbacks as appealing from an athletic and physical standpoint as Levis (6'3/222) ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft. Add that to the fact he's been working on his mechanics and is steadily growing as a passer, and that makes for a prospect who could have immense success at the NFL level. Levis has already done quite well on the play-action pass, currently the second-highest graded quarterback in the category (91.5) since 2020, falling behind only Spencer Rattler (South Carolina).

Jul 14, 2022, 1:46 PM ET

Kentucky redshirt junior QB Will Levis completed 18-of-24 passes for 220 yards and two touchdowns in a 22-19 loss to Ole Miss.​

Levis (6'3/232) is considered among the top-tier of 2023 eligible quarterbacks, with ESPN's Todd McShay mentioning on the sidelines of the game that he talked to several NFL personnel people in the lead up to the game and some have said Levis is the top quarterback in this year's QB class. While that assertion is too rich for our blood with CJ Stroud and Bryce Young already proven and ready to take the next step. Levis has a prototype frame that entices scouts into Josh Allen-esque comparisons should he be able to translate his physical tools into NFL caliber passing acumen. The Kentucky signal caller is currently the consensus number three quarterback from the 2023 class and a potential first-round NFL Draft selection.
Oct 1, 2022, 6:56 PM ET

Can anyone explain how this guy is viewed as a top qb prospect. I've seen nothing and actually dont think he's good at all. This whole 2023 qb class is great I think is a farce.

Can anyone explain how this guy is viewed as a top qb prospect. I've seen nothing and actually dont think he's good at all. This whole 2023 qb class is great I think is a farce.
11/23 109 yds no tds 1 int.... against a horrible vandy team....you got me. If he is a top qb then the qb class is awful this year.

He Is wrong and I’m a huge UK fan and saw every Levis game. Josh Allen my butt. Levis has huge bust potential.

More info please...since you have seen him a lot what do you like/not like about his game, and I want to know more about the positives actually? Not directed at you but everyone seems to be focused on the bust narrative, but this is the type of player that makes you think long and hard in a SF draft (assuming he goes in the first round and doesn't end up like Drew Lock) because he may end up dropping to where you kind of can't pass him up.

He Is wrong and I’m a huge UK fan and saw every Levis game. Josh Allen my butt. Levis has huge bust potential.

More info please...since you have seen him a lot what do you like/not like about his game, and I want to know more about the positives actually? Not directed at you but everyone seems to be focused on the bust narrative, but this is the type of player that makes you think long and hard in a SF draft (assuming he goes in the first round and doesn't end up like Drew Lock) because he may end up dropping to where you kind of can't pass him up.
His weakness is reading coverage. He makes stupid mistakes. He can make all the throws and could be a good leader. I previously mentioned ( not sure if this thread) that SF players will be confronted with having to decide between Levis and a very good RB, WR, or TE (Mayer?)

His weakness is reading coverage. He makes stupid mistakes. He can make all the throws and could be a good leader.

Do you think if he goes to a team with strong offensive coaching he can overcome that?

His weakness is reading coverage. He makes stupid mistakes. He can make all the throws and could be a good leader.

Do you think if he goes to a team with strong offensive coaching he can overcome that?
Yes, he can. He’s not a raw prospect.

He certainly has arm talent. Disappointing year for him although I wouldn‘t mind my Lions getting him in the 2nd (doubt he falls there though).
You never know. He could be waiting in the green room.
Happens to some good ones for sure. Always sad to see. I wonder if they put a little cot in there so they can get some rest between draft days?
I remember Rodgers waiting in the green room

He certainly has arm talent. Disappointing year for him although I wouldn‘t mind my Lions getting him in the 2nd (doubt he falls there though).
You never know. He could be waiting in the green room.
Happens to some good ones for sure. Always sad to see. I wonder if they put a little cot in there so they can get some rest between draft days?
I remember Rodgers waiting in the green room
His eyes still look sad and tired from it.

Everyone is so quick to write him off just like everyone had written off Josh Allen. I’m not saying the comparisons between the two are fair, but every single person had Allen as a complete bust after his rookie year.

Everyone is so quick to write him off just like everyone had written off Josh Allen. I’m not saying the comparisons between the two are fair, but every single person had Allen as a complete bust after his rookie year.

This is true of pretty much every QB but especially one like Levis (and Richardson as well)...the coaching will dictate whether they can tap into the obvious talent...if he goes somewhere with subpar coaching it will probably not end well at all.

Zak Keefer @zkeefer

Colts are currently slated to pick 6th in this spring's draft. What might they do? @bkravitz asked @dpbrugler for his thoughts. "His lightning release and competitive nature will be catnip for scouts," he said of Will Levis.

Horrible decision making is Levis' biggest bugaboo. All this talk of Josh Allen is foolish. First of all, he doesn't have the rushing upside of Allen and Levis makes some of the dumbest decisions of any QB in this draft and I'm a huge UK fan. The only QB worse is Anthony Richardson. I really am only interested in 2 QBs in this draft (Young and Stroud). If I had to take a late flyer on a QB it would be Hendon Hooker.

Users who are viewing this thread