What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Zach Wilson, NYJ (1 Viewer)

And, unlike you, I have not called you any names so don't think ending your posts with "Have a nice day" is going to cover that up. You're taking this way too personally for some reason and I have no idea why.
I didn’t call you names. I pointed out that you’re being a jerk.

I also reported you for it.

Kindly leave me alone.
You don't get to call people names, accuse them of nefarious intent and then walk away and tell them to leave you alone and act as if you did nothing wrong. There WILL be a response. People do get to defend themselves - you don't just get your say. And all of this because of an innocuous post that YOU took the wrong way.

I would suggest that if you don't want people to respond to your posts, don't post in a public forum.
C'mon Blade... this IS the HSG modus operandi!

And, unlike you, I have not called you any names so don't think ending your posts with "Have a nice day" is going to cover that up. You're taking this way too personally for some reason and I have no idea why.

Kindly leave me alone.

Both of you drop and stop ruining this thread

He’s baaaaaack. :pickle:

I hope he looks a lot better for the time off. Got his head clear. The kid is more talented than what he’s shown, and I’m rooting for him. I would be even if I didn’t roster him in one league.
I wish him the best but I don't think it is possible to just magically fix him with a few weeks off. Maybe he slightly improved 1 or 2 things but this is still the same Zach Wilson.
Apparently everything he’s done in the past gets memory holed because of a couple bad starts?

Huh
It doesn't matter what he did in college. It matters what he did in the NFL. And that history, so far, is terrible.
He’s had some good moments.

It is what it is. Like I said, I’m rooting for him to do well. He came out during COVID & had a QB coach die tragically. He got the yips & got benched.

I’d love to see a redemption arc.

You’re not rooting for him.

Noted.

:shrug:
I said no such thing. I was simply pointing out that using his college years only matters during the draft. Once you're in the NFL, all that matters is your NFL performance. And it certainly has been more than "just a couple" starts.
Great, so then I guess there was no need for you to even respond to my positive post hoping for good things with such negativity then.

I said I hoped he was better for the time off, & I that was rooting for him, and you were compelled to say “he’s terrible” in response.

No other way to interpret that, really. It wasn’t any sort of detailed analysis of his overall game - just a knee jerk insult of the kid. Seems unnecessary. Like, I have eyes. I’ve seen his games. Your statement was irrelevant to my comment.

So I’ll keep rooting for him, and you can keep doing….whatever it is you’re doing.

Have a good day.
Okay, Mr.Sensitive. Are you related to Wilson?

You're really taking this personally. You shouldn't. It really is okay to joke around.
You quoted me.

My feelings have nothing to do with it.

Again, have a nice day. I’m done with your negativity.
Your feelings have EVERYTHING to do with it. Sorry you feel that way.
That’s projection.

I said I was rooting for a guy and you chose to crap all over him.

I feel fine about rooting for the dude. You should maybe try introspection for your compulsion towards negativity.

Kindly stop projecting feelings onto me that I don’t have. You’re certainly not “being excellent”, as board rules suggest.

Not sure how many ways I can politely ask you to stop engaging with me here before I have to report it as harassment.

I'm simply responding to YOUR posts that you post in a PUBLIC forum. It's clear you're way too emotional over this and the only one projecting or acting irrationally is you, especially over a guy you have no personal relationship with and who doesn't even know you exist. We talk this way and discuss this about all other players, but for some reason Zach Wilson is off limits?

Feel free to report me if you wish, but I'm not so sure it will go the way you think it will.
LOL, he did the same thing with me over a different player in the off-season... actually, it was the Jets QB, name escapes me... oh year - Zach Wilson.

Coming off his first dose of adversity in his (to date) creampuff, Corner Canyon, UT life (on and off the field)... hopefully he learned from it, finds some pride and turns it on.

Oh, did I mention I've got Garrett Wilson in my line-up?

Last edited:
Coming his first dose of adversity in his (to date) creampuff, Corner Canyon, UT life (on and off the field)... hopefully he learned from it, finds some pride and turns it on.

Oh, did I mention I've got Garrett Wilson in my line-up?
Garrett and Bam... so, yes, we can only hope or rationalize. These past few weeks have allowed him to gain focus... yeah, that's the ticket!

Kindly leave me alone.
You don't get to call people names, accuse them of nefarious intent and then walk away and tell them to leave you alone and act as if you did nothing wrong. There WILL be a response. People do get to defend themselves - you don't just get your say. And all of this because of an innocuous post that YOU took the wrong way.

I would suggest that if you don't want people to respond to your posts, don't post in a public forum.
C'mon Blade... this IS the HSG modus operandi!
Bang on.

It's okay to root for him and point out that he has been objectively terrible, literally not figuratively, in 19 of 20 career games.

He can change the narrative starting tomorrow morning but, ATM his career trajectory is south of Mitch Trubisky.
No argument here at all. I even said as much.

The start to his career has been rough. He’s had some extreme circumstances, some no fault of his own. Between Greg Knapp’s accident, COVID-limited 1st season, & injury, it’s been a rough road. Getting the yips this year was not helpful either.

And all that said, I’m rooting for him to improve.

Today would be a good time for that to start manifesting.

Jets coach Robert Saleh expects a "few things to crop up" with Zach Wilson in Sunday's start against the Lions.​

Yikes. “Zach had a good week of practice," Saleh began optimistically, before getting real. "His mechanics are much better, but I do expect a few things to crop up today. I told him don’t overthink it, just go out and play. Just. Be. You.” In other words, the Jets aren't going to put too much on Wilson's plate, even against the Lions' fantasy-friendly defense. This is going to be a triage-style mission. Get in, get out, avoid too much damage to the quarterback or offense. Garrett Wilson fantasy managers have to be praying for a big play or two to provide a WR2 day.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Dec 18, 2022, 10:33 AM ET

Made a couple of plays, but overall, he was inconsistent. Missed several open WRs, and made some bonehead throws as well.
So no reason for optimism despite the good stats? Seems like he was a lot better than his last outing.

Showed some flashes but he has so many holes in his game...just gaping holes...still very early in his career so hate to say this now but would be shocked if he is ever a productive NFL starter.

Do you guys think Saleh will go back to White? I hope so. I'm sure the team does too.

It'll depend on the medical risk and how far out of the seventh seed they are. I'm really unsure what happens if they stay in the playoff race. On one hand, you want White in the game, on the other hand, how do you pull a guy that threw for three hundred (and if they're still in the playoff race because they beat JAX) and then went out and beat Jacksonville? I mean, he wasn't awful today despite everybody's vested interest in writing the guy in or off. Don't listen to that noise.

I think Saleh and Douglas (and don't kid yourself, this is an organizational decision) might pull Wilson if he beats JAX, but he is their supposed franchise QB. Unless Saleh and Douglas and the Jets are done with him, they'll have a hard time benching him again if he wins.

But that's a lot of speculation. Lose to JAX, still in the race technically, and you start White against Seattle and Miami.

Do you guys think Saleh will go back to White? I hope so. I'm sure the team does too.

It'll depend on the medical risk and how far out of the seventh seed they are. I'm really unsure what happens if they stay in the playoff race. On one hand, you want White in the game, on the other hand, how do you pull a guy that threw for three hundred (and if they're still in the playoff race because they beat JAX) and then went out and beat Jacksonville? I mean, he wasn't awful today despite everybody's vested interest in writing the guy in or off. Don't listen to that noise.

I think Saleh and Douglas (and don't kid yourself, this is an organizational decision) might pull Wilson if he beats JAX, but he is their supposed franchise QB. Unless Saleh and Douglas and the Jets are done with him, they'll have a hard time benching him again if he wins.

But that's a lot of speculation. Lose to JAX, still in the race technically, and you start White against Seattle and Miami.
Stats don't really mean anything when his Wrs /hate/ him. If you think any of those guys can stand the way he throws the ball you're not just using rose colored glasses you've stabbed roses into your eyes. I gaurentee the wrs will mutiny if White doesn't get the job back.

Lotta guys suddenly Jets and Zach Wilson experts around here.
You’re not impressed with hard hitting analysis like “duhhhhh…he stink.”

I'm just more impressed with having figured out the organization's front office. That's what really does it for me. I follow it nearly every day, and you'll be damned if you really know what they're thinking.

B-b-b-but Elijah Moore might be mad if they don't! Look at Elijah and Garrett! All worship at the teat of Elijah and Garrett!

********. Real organizations say who is playing when they want to say it and when they want it played. Guys can squawk all they want, the front office will find others in the draft if their vision isn't being met. That simple.

But it's really Knowing what Saleh will do. Like even he knows right now. That's being deliberated by him and Joe Douglas as we speak.

Lotta guys suddenly Jets and Zach Wilson experts around here.
You’re not impressed with hard hitting analysis like “duhhhhh…he stink.”
What other "hard-hitting" analysis do you need that video of the games doesn't already show you? It's all there for you to view when you're ready to look at it. :shrug:

Or, I guess, you could just continue to pretend that people are just making all of this up about Wilson.

Last edited:
Made a couple of plays, but overall, he was inconsistent. Missed several open WRs, and made some bonehead throws as well.
So no reason for optimism despite the good stats? Seems like he was a lot better than his last outing.
Seemed like half his yards came on plays where he just threw the ball up for grabs, and the wrs managed to come down with the ball. Against a team with better dbs, he probably would have had 3 or 4 ints.

Again... I expected worse. He's the backup QB for a reason. Mike White didn't get named the starter because Garrett Wilson doesn't like ZW, he got the start because the coaching staff believes he is the better QB at this stage... and he is.

Im old enough to compare him to another old Jets QB bust - Browning Nagle. Dude had an absolute cannon but had zero touch and couldnt read a defense at all - very similar traits in ZW At least Browning was a second rounder rather than 2d overall pick. I think ZW is who he is at this point. Thats not saying he cant figure it out at some point ala Geno Smith (hopefully much quicker lol) - but its pretty clear he is not going to be considered the future QB for the Jets and thats brutal after being selected #2 overall just 2 yrs ago.

Im old enough to compare him to another old Jets QB bust - Browning Nagle. Dude had an absolute cannon but had zero touch and couldnt read a defense at all - very similar traits in ZW At least Browning was a second rounder rather than 2d overall pick. I think ZW is who he is at this point. Thats not saying he cant figure it out at some point ala Geno Smith (hopefully much quicker lol) - but its pretty clear he is not going to be considered the future QB for the Jets and thats brutal after being selected #2 overall just 2 yrs ago.

Especially when everything else seems to be falling into place.

pick. I think ZW is who he is at this point.
I think that’s a preposterous statement about a 23 year old. Especially since Wilson showed plenty of touch in college.

There was a reason he was selected 2nd overall.

Y’all acting like the Jets threw a dart at a board and didn’t watch a single frame of film on the dude before taking him that high.

I don’t even see how someone who’s had that little opportunity could be labeled a bust at this point.

The Jets, by most accounts, should not have been competing for a playoff spot this year. It is seemingly only in that context that Wilson is the target of so much vitriol.

It’s a lot of pressure to put on a young man who’s had little time to develop at the pro level.

I’m just saying - perspective helps here. I’d say it’s too early to know what Wilson is, and that definitive statements like this aren’t coming from a standpoint of measured analysis, but rather because the Jets are further ahead in their overall development & Wilson catches the brunt of the blame for not being there yet.

Jets HC Robert Saleh told reporters that QB Mike White (ribs) still has "a lot of hurdles" to clear before being able to play.​

The Jets play Thursday night, making White a long shot to suit up. That would put Zach Wilson in line to start another game, with Saleh confirming that Wilson would get the nod over Joe Flacco. White would presumably start if healthy but is potentially still multiple weeks away from returning. If the Jets remain firmly in the playoff hunt after Week 16, it's possible White guts out a Week 17 return.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Dennis Waszack Jr. on Twitter
Dec 19, 2022, 12:03 PM ET

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom
If he can add value on deep throws that can compensate some for this, but on the whole it's not tolerable. It's more mental than physical, so it can be fixed, but he might need to get out from under the weight of expectations before it happens
-------------
Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Obviously, degree of difficulty is a factor. Wilson did throw long a lot, but he did fine in that area. His off-target pct was only 25% on his 8 attempts of 20+ air yards. He struggled on the shorter throws.

Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Zach Wilson's off-target pct was 35.3%, actually worse than his infamous game at NE (35.0%), per @ESPNStatsInfo. The 35.3% mark ranks 434th out of 442 individual passing performances this season. #Jets

Sigmund Bloom@SigmundBloom
If he can add value on deep throws that can compensate some for this, but on the whole it's not tolerable. It's more mental than physical, so it can be fixed, but he might need to get out from under the weight of expectations before it happens
-------------
Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Obviously, degree of difficulty is a factor. Wilson did throw long a lot, but he did fine in that area. His off-target pct was only 25% on his 8 attempts of 20+ air yards. He struggled on the shorter throws.

Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Zach Wilson's off-target pct was 35.3%, actually worse than his infamous game at NE (35.0%), per @ESPNStatsInfo. The 35.3% mark ranks 434th out of 442 individual passing performances this season. #Jets

He is in the wrong profession if the part in bold needs to happen before he is successful.

Users who are viewing this thread