What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Queen of Hearts -- Fraternal Order of Eagles (1 Viewer)

-fish-

Footballguy
Any FBGs a  member of the Eagles?   Do you have a queen of hearts drawing?   I assumed that every location did this, since all of the ones around here do.   I just found out that not all of them have one.   Ours is about $5000 tonight.   I've never even gotten to pull a card, so I'm thinking of buying $100 of tickets.

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, they take a deck of cards and put all of the cards in envelopes numbered 1-52.   Each week there is a raffle and if your ticket gets called you get to choose an envelope.  If you get the queen of hearts you win the pot.  Sometimes it gets up to about $10,000.

That's huge.   Normally on a normal Thursday we get about 40 people.   When the pot hits $5,000 or more, it goes up to about 75 and when it gets to $10,000 it's like 150-200 people each week.
It was wild.  Crowds were like the picture for several weeks.  They did a  50/50 drawing each week and the money went to different school groups and things in the community.  They raised almost $500k.

Users who are viewing this thread