What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question - How Interested Would You Be In A Version Of The Subscriber Contest Available To Everyone? (1 Viewer)

How Interested Would You Be?

• Very Interested

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • Interested

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • On The Fence

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Not Interested

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Not Interested At All

Votes: 9 12.7%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
NOTE: We are NOT saying we'll do this. At this point, I'm just trying to gauge interest.

The Premium Subscriber Contest has been a long time thing at Footballguys. (Thanks for the new name ideas in the other thread).

As you may know, every person who buys a Premium Subscription gets an entry. We have a large cash prize pool. 

But I've been thinking. What if we also had a contest that was exactly the same with the exact same format and scoring and everything with the exceptions of:

• It would be available to anyone that had a Free Insider account at Footballguys.com
  • Instead of cash prizes, it would be more fun bragging right stuff. Giant trophy, guest spot on Footballguys podcast, King for a day on the forum and that kind of thing.
Benefits I see:

• For folks playing in the Premium Subscriber version of the contest, it would be a chance to have a second entry and see how you would have fared. It would be a way to talk smack and include more people.
  • It would be a way generate more interest in the Premium Subscriber Contest
  • It would be a way to introduce more people to the format of the Contest
Again, the normal Premium Subscriber contest is unchanged. This would be purely an additional completely separate contest with the same salaries and scoring and structure. Just available to everyone. 

How interested would you be?

Last edited by a moderator:
SeniorVBDStudent said:
Joe, this is a great idea to generate additional interest in the subscriber's contest (and by extension a subscription).
Imagine winning the free one & how much kicking oneself one would do for not getting the subscription. :doh:  

perfect way to generate interest. I wouldn’t be shocked if folks entered the free contest then signed up just for the subscriber’a contest same year. 

Definitely a fantastic hook.  

Hi Folks,

An update. I've decided to table this idea for 2021. We simply have too many other pressing things we need to get done in order to take care of subscribers. 

I do think it would be cool and clearly, there's an interest but there's just too many other things we need to deliver on and we don't have the bandwidth to try and introduce a new contest right now. 

Thanks for the feedback on this and we'll consider it for 2022. 

Too bad! Was getting excited to play against some of the "names" I see on this board. 

Still can! Take your shot against them in the contest here with the added bonus of winning money. Plus you get a seasons worth of content. Plus a post season contest. 

I voted "Interested," very recently as I had not seen this thread last year.

Hey @Joe Bryant , was this iteration of the contest considered this year? I'm of the impression that it could easily spark a real jump in annual subscriptions, both this year and moving forward. Also, no lie, I'd love another contest with a free entry.

Hey @Joe Bryant , was this iteration of the contest considered this year? I'm of the impression that it could easily spark a real jump in annual subscriptions, both this year and moving forward. Also, no lie, I'd love another contest with a free entry.

Thanks @Ruffrodys05 We talked about it briefly but couldn't pull it together. I do think it has potential though and we may look at this again for next year. Thanks. For now, just go crush the normal Subscriber Contest!

NOTE: We are NOT saying we'll do this. At this point, I'm just trying to gauge interest.

The Premium Subscriber Contest has been a long time thing at Footballguys. (Thanks for the new name ideas in the other thread).

As you may know, every person who buys a Premium Subscription gets an entry. We have a large cash prize pool.

But I've been thinking. What if we also had a contest that was exactly the same with the exact same format and scoring and everything with the exceptions of:

• It would be available to anyone that had a Free Insider account at Footballguys.com

• Instead of cash prizes, it would be more fun bragging right stuff. Giant trophy, guest spot on Footballguys podcast, King for a day on the forum and that kind of thing.
Benefits I see:

• For folks playing in the Premium Subscriber version of the contest, it would be a chance to have a second entry and see how you would have fared. It would be a way to talk smack and include more people.

• It would be a way generate more interest in the Premium Subscriber Contest

• It would be a way to introduce more people to the format of the Contest
Again, the normal Premium Subscriber contest is unchanged. This would be purely an additional completely separate contest with the same salaries and scoring and structure. Just available to everyone.

How interested would you be?

Sounds like a great idea to me. I had mentioned in a different thread that I wished there were a way to play two different entries. This would accomplish that, and I can't see any way it would not generate more interest in the Premium Subscriber Contest at the same time. Looks like a win-win.

Users who are viewing this thread