What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quietly, Lee Evans is becoming relevant again (1 Viewer)

Eastwood

Footballguy
Since Fitzpatrick has taken over, and Steve Johnson has become a beast, Evans has really picked up his play. In our PPR scoring format, he's the 12th highest scoring WR since week 5, averaging just under 18 points a week. Now Parrish is out for the year. Is this kid ready to have a Drew Bennett like end to his season? :stalker:

Expecting consistent production from Lee Evans is like asking Randy Moss to give his all on every play: it simply ain't gonna happen. Evans will have his usual two or three big games a year, and that's it. And unless you actually started him vs. the Ravens, which almost no one would have thought would have been one of those games, the odds of picking those weeks correctly and starting him those weeks are pretty slim.

Yes, the Lee Evans of the last 3-4 years gives you 2-3 nice games a year and then poof! Crap again. But I'd argue he's getting the best QB play and WR next to him he's had in a long time. He won't cost much, but could pay off nicely for your playoff run.

I was going to drop him as my 5th WR and pick up V.Jax for the final stretch run but with Det. & Cincy the next 2 weeks I'm going to see what plays out here.

In one of my leagues, I dropped Evans for Steve johnson (about 4 weeks ago or so). While I do wish I still had Evans (and dropped someone else), i am still fine with the idea of having Johnson over Evans. The inconsistency of Evans is always an issue, but I also think that Johnson is playing like that rare WR right now (think Andre Johnson), where he not only can be a nice outlet for a QB, but also can take it to the house. My thought is that Parrish's numbers will help both Evans and Johnson, but i would not be surprised to see more of a 70/30 split in those numbers going to Johnson...which makes him flat-out scary.

I was going to drop him as my 5th WR and pick up V.Jax for the final stretch run but with Det. & Cincy the next 2 weeks I'm going to see what plays out here.
Must be nice to play in a 4 team league where VJax is available on the WW.
Vincent Jackson is owned in less than 50% of Yahoo leagues FYI. Must be nice.
% owned in yahoo leagues is a worthless stat. Likely ~30% of these leagues are drafted and left untouched.Aaron Hernandez owned in 74% of leaguesMike Williams (TB) owned in 78% of leagues

In our 10 team league there are wideouts a plenty on the waiver and no rush to grab a guy not coming back until week 12. In fact V.Jax has the same syndrome as Evans where he will disappear as well for a game or two. No big loss here from my perspective.

Vincent Jackson is owned in less than 50% of Yahoo leagues FYI. Must be nice.
% owned in yahoo leagues is a worthless stat. Likely ~30% of these leagues are drafted and left untouched.Aaron Hernandez owned in 74% of leaguesMike Williams (TB) owned in 78% of leagues
VJax is owned in 75.5% of MFL leagues, which should be a better indicator since most people pay for MFL services.FWIW, Williams is at 98.6% and Hernandez is at 81.5%.

Users who are viewing this thread