What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quinton Patton WR SF (1 Viewer)

Hey guys,

I have Stills as my last bench slot/upside slot. Thinking though of dropping him for Patton. Worried though about him being behind a few guys. Stills has similar issues but has a more high powered offense.

Might want to jump on the Patton train though before it fills up.

Hey guys,

I have Stills as my last bench slot/upside slot. Thinking though of dropping him for Patton. Worried though about him being behind a few guys. Stills has similar issues but has a more high powered offense.

Might want to jump on the Patton train though before it fills up.
The Saints are not a more high powered offense. They are more of a passing team. Not the same thing.

You might want to consider dumping someone else. Both Stills and Patton could be in the mix this season. You might be able to get more detailed answers in the ACF http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showforum=12 I see Wannabee is there answering questions.

Patton is a free agent in my league--- its a shallow league-- what do you guys project him to be in a non ppr? Do you guys think he's in the same tier as the denarious moore/vincent brown level or do you guys forecast him to be what crabtree was (which would be a tiers above that)? I'm just trying to figure out if he's worthy of a pickup in a ten team redraft.

I like Patton but I question where the juice is after feeding Boldin and Vernon Davis plus a steady dose of Gore/Hunter on the ground, the ceiling for him as a rookie IMO would be maybe 700-750 yds, 4-5 TD but that's still good for a rookie. I think his scoring fantasy wise will be sporadic and tough to figure out which weeks to start him. I like his game, like his attitude, grabbed him in the 18th and 20th rounds of several drafts so I like him out of the later round rookies. He can get 1 catch and produce 10 points, that might be his stat line some weeks.

Great thread, easy player to root for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a point to get this kid on all my teams. Wasn't difficult either. I took him with my last pick in every league, and one was a 14 teamer.

I like Patton but I question where the juice is after feeding Boldin and Vernon Davis plus a steady dose of Gore/Hunter on the ground, the ceiling for him as a rookie IMO would be maybe 700-750 yds, 4-5 TD but that's still good for a rookie. I think his scoring fantasy wise will be sporadic and tough to figure out which weeks to start him. I like his game, like his attitude, grabbed him in the 18th and 20th rounds of several drafts so I like him out of the later round rookies. He can get 1 catch and produce 10 points, that might be his stat line some weeks.

VD does not get fed unless its the 2011 playoffs. They use him to block entirely too much for him to even have the chance. He's the most overrated TE there is when it comes to FF. Whether or not Boldin gets a lot of targets remains to be seen, but thats the only guy SF has with Crabtree out, besides Patton. And these days, I suspect Patton is much more dynamic than Q. That doesnt mean I think he'll have better numbers than Boldin, but I think Patton will get his share of targets.

Kenny Powers said:
Ministry of Pain said:

VD does not get fed unless its the 2011 playoffs. They use him to block entirely too much for him to even have the chance. He's the most overrated TE there is when it comes to FF. Whether or not Boldin gets a lot of targets remains to be seen, but thats the only guy SF has with Crabtree out, besides Patton. And these days, I suspect Patton is much more dynamic than Q. That doesnt mean I think he'll have better numbers than Boldin, but I think Patton will get his share of targets.
Nice

Rotoworld reported Kyle Williams is the number two. Any impact on Patton?
WRBC, with the most talent getting the most time, IMO. I believe that to be Patton over time and placed my bet with him, but if Williams or Moore show more, they'll get more PT. That's my guess.

Rotoworld reported Kyle Williams is the number two. Any impact on Patton?
welcome to last weeks news. If you think he cant beat out kyle williams you shouldnt roster him. If you do then the news of williams being #2 is irrelevant and you have to be a little patient

Scored his first regular season TD this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtSTI-KtNc

I like this guy as a cheap dynasty flyer. I've always felt he was a pretty good player and he has shown flashes of it throughout his time in SF. There was this in the preseason a couple years ago and this in a game a couple weeks back. The kid is a very good athlete and a natural playmaker. He also fits into what you could call the "Donald Driver rule," which is the idea that if a guy keeps making a 53 man roster every season then he must be reasonably good even if he hasn't had a chance to show it yet.

When you think about it, SF isn't the best climate for gaudy WR production. They are a conservative passing team that has finished bottom 5 in pass attempts each of the last two seasons (dead last in 2013) and they've had two reasonably good players on the depth chart ahead of him (Boldin and Crabtree). That's a pretty good explanation for Patton's lack of production to date. Had he been a Packer or Patriot, I suspect we would've seen a lot more of him by now. I think he would waltz into the starting lineup in places like Dallas or Cleveland.

Looking forward, his contract is up after next season. I don't see a breakout in SF unless they change their QB and offensive philosophy, but he could be a guy who emerges as a useful FF player elsewhere. I would definitely grab him or think about a lowball trade offer in your dynasty leagues.

Scored his first regular season TD this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAtSTI-KtNc

I like this guy as a cheap dynasty flyer. I've always felt he was a pretty good player and he has shown flashes of it throughout his time in SF. There was this in the preseason a couple years ago and this in a game a couple weeks back. The kid is a very good athlete and a natural playmaker. He also fits into what you could call the "Donald Driver rule," which is the idea that if a guy keeps making a 53 man roster every season then he must be reasonably good even if he hasn't had a chance to show it yet.

When you think about it, SF isn't the best climate for gaudy WR production. They are a conservative passing team that has finished bottom 5 in pass attempts each of the last two seasons (dead last in 2013) and they've had two reasonably good players on the depth chart ahead of him (Boldin and Crabtree). That's a pretty good explanation for Patton's lack of production to date. Had he been a Packer or Patriot, I suspect we would've seen a lot more of him by now. I think he would waltz into the starting lineup in places like Dallas or Cleveland.

Looking forward, his contract is up after next season. I don't see a breakout in SF unless they change their QB and offensive philosophy, but he could be a guy who emerges as a useful FF player elsewhere. I would definitely grab him or think about a lowball trade offer in your dynasty leagues.
:yes:

I know Boldin has never been particularly fast, but watching him earlier this season, I noticed how much he seemed to be laboring in his routes. I wonder if Patton has a chance to keep a starting spot even when Q comes back. Seems possible at least.

Anyway, Gabbert may actually be an upgrade over Kaep for these WRs.

I know, nuts but the 9ers are just going to have a load more targets than last year and even fewer receivers to go around with no Ellington.

TSmith

McDonald

Hyde

Then....?

Draughn?

Patton?

Smelter?

Kerley?

Celek?

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI he was wide open for a 30+ yard gain early in the last preseason game, but Gabbert overthrew him. Would have been a big play and maybe a TD.

Patton has always reminded me of Stevie Johnson. If the volume is there, I think he can do something.

Terrance Williams last year at Baylor, he led the nation in receiving yards. I think Patton led the FBS in COMBINED receiving yards his last two seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread