What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ramsey traded to Jets (1 Viewer)

Would the Jets actually carry Pennington, Ramsey, and a Top 5 overall pick at QB?
I don't really see why they would given the current cap situation and the fact that the O-line absolutely needs to be bolstered for this team to be a competitive team.

Would the Jets actually carry Pennington, Ramsey, and a Top 5 overall pick at QB?
I don't really see why they would given the current cap situation and the fact that the O-line absolutely needs to be bolstered for this team to be a competitive team.
:goodposting: That offense has needs virtually from top to bottom, so the resources should be devoted elsewhere now.

It's a possibility but I have to believe that this move was done with the intention of not using that #4 on a QB. Especially when there will be some quality guys there. Whether it's Bradshaw, Hawk, Williams or someone else remains to be seen. I also wouldn't rule out a run at #1 and Bush but that's just a wild guess. I understand what the Jets are doing here. Hopefully between Ramsey and Pennington they catch a break and find their QB. I see scenarios where either could happen. Yet, as a Pats I'm a lot less scared of the Jets with those two at the helm instead of Leinart. I'm just not a big fan of Ramsey and think his upside is limited. Yet, I fully understand what the Jets are trying to do here. They have a ton of holes and they're hoping they catch lightning in a bottle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is actually going to draft the first QB this year?? I guess the Titans might, unless they trade Volek and a pick for Schaub.....

According to KFFL, the price was a 6th round pick...

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have traded QB Patrick Ramsey to the New York Jets for a 2006 sixth-round pick.

Who is actually going to draft the first QB this year?? I guess the Titans might, unless they trade Volek and a pick for Schaub.....
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a deal into any of those slots between 2-4 in which a team trades up for Leinart.

Assuming it didn't cost much, I like this move.

Brick at 1.04 or maybe Mario if Abe still gets dealt.

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Washington Redskins have traded QB Patrick Ramsey to the New York Jets for a 2006 sixth-round pick.
6th round, wow. They should have dumped him last year. I think they could have gotten a lot more than that. Too many QBs on the market this year and he might not have had the "definitely given up on him" label.Not that any of this was true, but I remember the rumors were more in the first day pick range last year in the off season.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a deal into any of those slots between 2-4 in which a team trades up for Leinart.
I think most teams don't see him as a QB worth trading up for.

Who is actually going to draft the first QB this year??  I guess the Titans might, unless they trade Volek and a pick for Schaub.....
I think most teams don't see him as a QB worth trading up for.
I'm not so sure about that. I think a QB of his caliber is worth taking a run at. Also, it only takes one team to feel that way to get a deal done.

Man the Vikings should have freakin got him then if they only had to give a 6th rounder

What, no bag of chips?Sheez that's basically free.

Now when Mark Brunel gets hurt the :porked: are going to have to start a QB who has never started a game :lmao:

i think the jets should trade up to #1 and take bush.
I've been calling for that since December, but don't see it happening.
I hope they do, but also find it unlikely unless the Texans are prepared to take Williams. I am guessing the Texans will only trade down if they know they can get Brick.

i seem to recall it didn't hurt the Bengals starting Palmer for the first time his sophomore year after sitting out his entire rookie season....

Now when Mark Brunel gets hurt the :porked: are going to have to start a QB who has never started a game :lmao:
Which will be a whole two games less than Chris Simms had started before taking over last year.Oh, and they do have a veteran backup with 17 career starts.

i think the jets should trade up to #1 and take bush.
I've been calling for that since December, but don't see it happening.
I hope they do, but also find it unlikely unless the Texans are prepared to take Williams. I am guessing the Texans will only trade down if they know they can get Brick.
FWIW, word in Texansland is that they love Williams and probably have him rated over Ferguson. It is not a "hate" Ferguson just love williams situation.

Texans -- Bush

Saints -- Mario

Titans -- Leinart

Jets -- Brick

I predict that the only thing that will change that will be if OAK or Minny decide to pay out the *** to move up. Remember, they don't have to move to #2 to get the QB, just to #3.

6th round, wow. They should have dumped him last year. I think they could have gotten a lot more than that. Too many QBs on the market this year and he might not have had the "definitely given up on him" label.Not that any of this was true, but I remember the rumors were more in the first day pick range last year in the off season.
Campbell wasn't ready last year, and the Giants game where Brunell got injured was still in doubt when Ramsey came in and threw a TD. Given that every win they got was necessary to make the playoffs, it's worth it just for that. But the overall point is right: it's dissatisfying for the 'Skins to only get a 6th for a guy they drafted 4 years ago in the (late) 1st round who still probably has some untapped potential.

Joey H. to washington??

AL Saunders is there and I think he really liked him in KC
:X
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Redskins picked up Harrington, as long as they don't actually trade for him.If he gets released, he will probably be pretty cheap. As bad as he is, I would consider him a decent backup with decent NFL experience. Again, he would have to be very chea.

Joey H. to washington??

:no: Sure Al was interested in Joey last year (not that it mattered), but that's in large part because Trent Green is aging, and there's no replacement on the team.

Redskins have their replacement already, plus Gibbs likes Campbell. I'm just guessing that Gibbs has more say in what happens. ;)

Joey H. to washington??

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Redskins picked up Harrington, as long as they don't actually trade for him.If he gets released, he will probably be pretty cheap. As bad as he is, I would consider him a decent backup with decent NFL experience. Again, he would have to be very chea.
Yes, agreed.BUT, Brunell and Campbell will be fine.

Other teams will be interested

San Diego - Rivers/Feeley

KC - Trent, Huard?

Bengals - Palmer, ???

just to name a few.

Joey H. to washington??

:no: Sure Al was interested in Joey last year (not that it mattered), but that's in large part because Trent Green is aging, and there's no replacement on the team.

Redskins have their replacement already, plus Gibbs likes Campbell. I'm just guessing that Gibbs has more say in what happens. ;)
Plus, they already brought in Todd Collins as the reliable (if not studly) backup alternative to Campbell. The QB situation - like it or not - is set in Washington barring injury.

Who is actually going to draft the first QB this year??  I guess the Titans might, unless they trade Volek and a pick for Schaub.....
Read: OaklandThey're the only team close enough to the top to make it possible. Anything past 7 and you're not going to be able to (wiling to) put a deal together that will get the pick.

Oakland trading to #4 to get Leinart? Could be... I wonder if Al is starting to think it might actually be possible to land ML....

Campbell wasn't ready last year, and the Giants game where Brunell got injured was still in doubt when Ramsey came in and threw a TD. Given that every win they got was necessary to make the playoffs, it's worth it just for that. But the overall point is right: it's dissatisfying for the 'Skins to only get a 6th for a guy they drafted 4 years ago in the (late) 1st round who still probably has some untapped potential.
Yeah, but Campbell might have been ready if he wasn't the #3 and there was no starting QB controversy. They also could have picked up another veteran QB as the backup in the mean time. Like you said, it is very disappointing to get virtually nothing for him since he was a 1st round pick (did they trade up to snag him as well?) and actually looked good at times.I think Snyder et al want to win every year, which is admirable, but getting a 2nd round pick let's say for Ramsey last year and going 9-7 might have been better for the franchise this year and beyond.

Joey H. to washington??

Yes, agreed.BUT, Brunell and Campbell will be fine.

Other teams will be interested

San Diego - Rivers/Feeley

KC - Trent, Huard?

Bengals - Palmer, ???

just to name a few.
Forget my comment. I forgot about Todd Collins. The Redskins are set.I see Harrington, if he is smart and realizes it, as a guy who could have a long career as a quality backup and after maturing a bit more, maybe get another starting shot.

Yeah, but Campbell might have been ready if he wasn't the #3 and there was no starting QB controversy. They also could have picked up another veteran QB as the backup in the mean time. Like you said, it is very disappointing to get virtually nothing for him since he was a 1st round pick (did they trade up to snag him as well?) and actually looked good at times.I think Snyder et al want to win every year, which is admirable, but getting a 2nd round pick let's say for Ramsey last year and going 9-7 might have been better for the franchise this year and beyond.
There's more than one way to play this and the 'Skins obviously played it conservatively. What's hurt teams dealing QB's this year is that there are a large number of them out there to be acquired. Culpepper, who only went for a 2nd rounder a year after having one of the best seasons ever by a QB, is an indication of that. I don't think that the availability of guys like Culpepper and the rise of a prospect like Cutler were things that could be anticipated a year ago.

How close are we getting to having the first QB go at #7?

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

3. ten - maybe but it almost seems like they will not draft a qb and its possible if the do draft one it wont be Leinart.

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

How lucky would oakland be to have Leinart slip to #7?

It's a lock that VY, Leinart or Cutler will be there for Oak.

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

5. ??? who does GB taken if mario and hawk are gone!

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???

Last edited by a moderator:
The Washington Post has the story too, but not much new in their article.

If the Jets don't draft a QB, this is their likely starter. Pennington may be a better QB, but I seriously doubt his arm will allow him to QB much any more.

Just FYI for Jets fans, Ramsey is a good guy. His drawbacks are ones learned under Spurrier, who provided him no protection and got him slaughtered: nervous in the pocket, holds the ball too long. His good points are that he's a decent team guy and throws a nice deep ball.

Hmm. Depending on what the Jets gave up, that might rule out Schaub coming over.
I'd think the opposite - something that's been mentioned with regard to Schaub is that if Atlanta were ever to trade him away, they'd have to get a backup in return because Vick can't handle 16 games.Ramsey + Abraham for Schaub + 2nd rounder doesn't look so bad for either side.

How close are we getting to having the first QB go at #7?

1. tex - no

2. saints - no

3. ten - maybe but it almost seems like they will not draft a qb and its possible if the do draft one it wont be Leinart.

4. jets - no

5. GB - no

6. SF - no

7. oak - yes!

How lucky would oakland be to have Leinart slip to #7?

It's a lock that VY, Leinart or Cutler will be there for Oak.

what if we see

1. bush

2. mario/hawk

3. ferguson

4. hawk/mario

5. ??? who does GB taken if mario and hawk are gone!

6. huff/VD

7. LEINART???
Green Bay has a history of taking the best player available and Ted Thompson has already stated as much. If Leinart is available at #5 he goes to the Packers. I wouldn't be surprised then if Leinart or Rodgers were traded for more draft picks either during the draft or next year.

Texans -- Bush

Saints -- Mario

Titans -- Leinart

Jets -- Brick

I predict that the only thing that will change that will be if OAK or Minny decide to pay out the *** to move up. Remember, they don't have to move to #2 to get the QB, just to #3.
aren't the saints set at DE? it seems they'd take Brick over Mario.

So now the Jets have two servicable, CHEAP qb's on the roster (as well as Brooks Bollinger?). Since they have numerous spots to fill I really don't see the logic in them moving up and giving away more draft picks. I think they will sit pat and take Ferguson or Williams perhaps. Or possibly trade down and get one of the running backs and pick up more picks to fill in on the line both offensive and defensive.

I cannot imagine that Ramsey has shown enough in his career that his presence on a team would dissuade them from drafting a potential franchise QB.

So now the Jets have two servicable, CHEAP qb's on the roster (as well as Brooks Bollinger?). Since they have numerous spots to fill I really don't see the logic in them moving up and giving away more draft picks. I think they will sit pat and take Ferguson or Williams perhaps. Or possibly trade down and get one of the running backs and pick up more picks to fill in on the line both offensive and defensive.
I really like the idea of the Jets trading down, especially if they get get a great RB later in round 1 and also get an extra 2nd and/or 2007 1st round pick.

Users who are viewing this thread