What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randall Cobb Knee Injury, looks serious (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
Speaking Tuesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged that Randall Cobb is playing through a biceps issue, but said he isn't at risk of further injury.
McCarthy also said Cobb's injury is something he'll "probably be battling for a while." The undersized wideout has shown a propensity for picking up nicks and bruises, but has appeared in 30 of a possible 32 games. His durability isn't a question mark.

I remember he was sideline the same day Nelson was injuried but he returned the next day. Any other updates besides the roto blip?

Thanks

Update Oct 13th
Randall Cobb was forced from Green Bay's Week 6 game against the Ravens with a right knee injury, and will not return.

Finishing a catch, Cobb took a helmet to his right knee, and immediately went down in pain. Unable to put any weight on his right leg, he was helped to the sideline before being carted to the locker room. Cobb appeared distraught. It has the looks of a potentially serious injury. It's awful news for a Packers team that's already missing James Jones. Jones' fill-in Jarrett Boykin committed two first-half drops. Expect a heavy dose of Eddie Lacy in the second half. Cobb was the Pack's leading receiver before going down, catching four passes for 53 yards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might want to update the title to something like, 'playing with lingering injury?'

It reads like a new injury that will set off panic around these parts.

Speaking Tuesday, Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged that Randall Cobb is playing through a biceps issue, but said he isn't at risk of further injury.
McCarthy also said Cobb's injury is something he'll "probably be battling for a while." The undersized wideout has shown a propensity for picking up nicks and bruises, but has appeared in 30 of a possible 32 games. His durability isn't a question mark.

I remember he was sideline the same day Nelson was injuried but he returned the next day. Any other updates besides the roto blip?

Thanks
never understand when a Dr or coach says the player isn't at risk of further injury, didn't the player get injuried playing the game in the 1st place? And if the same thing happens again the injury will be worse?

He has a bruised bicep and it's early in camp...no reason for him to risk it. Last year he missed a game due to an ankle I believe though I seemed to recall that he could've played if it was a playoff game but I'm not sure.

He isn't a big guy so there is some concern I wouldn't worry too much about it. Now if we're hearing the same reports 2 weeks from now then yes I'd be a little worried.

He has a bruised bicep and it's early in camp...no reason for him to risk it. Last year he missed a game due to an ankle I believe though I seemed to recall that he could've played if it was a playoff game but I'm not sure.

He isn't a big guy so there is some concern I wouldn't worry too much about it. Now if we're hearing the same reports 2 weeks from now then yes I'd be a little worried.
Not a bruised bicep. It is a biceps tendon in the shoulder. He is on my 'do not draft' list and I am a Packer fan.

As someone who's watched Cobb since he played EVERY POSITION at Kentucky... he'll PLAY with one arm, if he has too. I don't see it as being a big deal.

one mistake you brohans are making is that rt2rc does not play a position he dominates a position so on behalf of the touchdown robber i accept your apologies take that to the bank brohans knowing is half the battle gi joe

Seems silly not to shut him down completely for the rest of the preseason. As long as those dynamic legs still work, why take any chances.

Not a bruised bicep. It is a biceps tendon in the shoulder. He is on my 'do not draft' list and I am a Packer fan.
Oh...its the guy who knows all about the injury again.

Last time it was about full tear right?

What are you going to make up next?

Do you have a link to that?

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

Will do you one better than a link... straight from the horses mouth:

Red alert on Cobb, not Jordy Nelson. If Cobb has a biceps tear, he could be out the year.
Complete biceps tendon disconnect = done for season

Partial biceps tendon tear = PUP to start the year

Biceps strain or hyper extension = Day to day

If you own Cobb in a redraft, you may want to trade him away right now.

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

To you going overboard about his injury without knowing what it actually is?

Do I need a link...or do you not remember the other thread about him being hurt?

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

To you going overboard about his injury without knowing what it actually is?Do I need a link...or do you not remember the other thread about him being hurt?
Yes. You definitely need a link.

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

Red alert on Cobb, not Jordy Nelson. If Cobb has a biceps tear, he could be out the year.

You did not link? Wonder why?I stand by every word. Trade Cobb now while you still can.

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

You did not link?
that curved arrow in the top right of the quoted post is a link

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

You did not link?
that curved arrow in the top right of the quoted post is a link
:lol:

His internet navigation skills are rivaled only by his amateur diagnosis...

touchwrong underwear you are just not right on this one and you should stop impersonating a medical professional and what you need to do is take up a hobby for some guys that is restoring american muscle cars and for other guys it is something like taking really good care of there lawn i do both myself for instance but whatever you choose it will probably help you take the edge off and stop bee smirching the good name of randall the touchdown robber cobber take that to the bank brohans

touchwrong underwear you are just not right on this one and you should stop impersonating a medical professional and what you need to do is take up a hobby for some guys that is restoring american muscle cars and for other guys it is something like taking really good care of there lawn i do both myself for instance but whatever you choose it will probably help you take the edge off and stop bee smirching the good name of randall the touchdown robber cobber take that to the bank brohans
Didn't read.

Biceps issues, almost no matter what they are, are only as serious as the player's willingness to play through discomfort allows them to be. The biceps don't really do much of anything. They do the bulk of the work in flexing the elbow, but unless you have Cobb in a heavy dumbbell curls league, his arms should be more than adequate to do anything on a football field. Ken Norton Jr. played most of a season with a torn biceps, and LB's use the flexing mechanics of their arms way more than WR's ever would.

If Cobb says he's good to go, I'm willing to trust him.

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:
Touchdown There said:
Pipes said:

To you going overboard about his injury without knowing what it actually is?Do I need a link...or do you not remember the other thread about him being hurt?
Yes. You definitely need a link.
Giles provided one and you questioned that.

Its your own words in that topic...people have seen it...you know you said it.

Again...speculation is one thing...acting as if you know what his injury is another.

This is exactly how the Shark Pool falls apart on a consistent basis. Year after year, same old thing.

Player X gets news. Thread in the Pool is created for discussion. Owners Y and Homers Z blow up when negativity surrounding "their guy" or "their team" comes out. It combines a persons emotional attachment with the 5 stages of grief and an anonymous pseudonym.

I am a Packer and I read the Packer thread. I know the posters above are Packers. It is my hope that Packer fans have more class than what has been shown in both the other thread and this one. Find a way to deal with your emotions. No matter what you say on this board, it does not change Cobbs injury.

Now back to the biceps tendonitis. Cobb's MFL ADP is 25, so end of the second round, beginning of the third is where he is going right now. Cobb is going to fight through this injury and play. It is going to affect his grip, forearm rotation, strength, shoulder movement and rotation. Ultimately this affects his confidence and Rodgers' confidence in him.

When players say that they "were not healthy all last year" this is the type of stuff that happens.:

This is exactly how the Shark Pool falls apart on a consistent basis. Year after year, same old thing.

Player X gets news. Thread in the Pool is created for discussion. Owners Y and Homers Z blow up when negativity surrounding "their guy" or "their team" comes out. It combines a persons emotional attachment with the 5 stages of grief and an anonymous pseudonym.

I am a Packer and I read the Packer thread. I know the posters above are Packers. It is my hope that Packer fans have more class than what has been shown in both the other thread and this one. Find a way to deal with your emotions. No matter what you say on this board, it does not change Cobbs injury.
This has little to do with it being a Packer.

Complete speculation about an injury passed off as if its factual is pretty much frowned upon no matter what team the guy plays for.

You were ripped, and rightfully so, by others that are not Packer fans as well. Both in this topic and the other.

Sorry, I don't think the trade him now and going on about full tears and partial tears of a biceps is very classy either...given there has been zero information out there to indicate that is what injury he has.

Didn't read.
no one cares what you do or don't read. you're not important.

This has little to do with it being a Packer.

Complete speculation about an injury passed off as if its factual is pretty much frowned upon no matter what team the guy plays for.

You were ripped, and rightfully so, by others that are not Packer fans as well. Both in this topic and the other.

Sorry, I don't think the trade him now and going on about full tears and partial tears of a biceps is very classy either...given there has been zero information out there to indicate that is what injury he has.
Others agreed with me in the other thread and said you should listen up. Someone else started this thread upon McCarthy's comments. I let the other thread go, but you can be assured this one will stay atop the Shark Pool until you let it go.

Let what go?

He has an injury.

Something not as bad as you were making it out to be.

Im not going to let go of people proclaiming things that don't have a basis in fact. I will dispute them when I see fit.

Others agreed with me in the other thread and said you should listen up. Someone else started this thread upon McCarthy's comments. I let the other thread go, but you can be assured this one will stay atop the Shark Pool until you let it go.
You didn't let the facts get in the way of your speculation before... why start now? ONE guy in the other thread suggested you knew what you were talking about (not OTHERS)... not exactly something that makes you the authority on anything.

Let's not confuse the issue here. We all appreciate local insight on what is going on in practice. And simply reporting Cobb's injury would have been timely information and valued. But you had to overreact and take it to a different level... starting a thread about Cobb's demise, needlessly speculating on the severity and urging everyone to rush out and trade him. This is irresponsible and unnecessary. Then you tried to act is if you didn't by asking guys to post a link to your foolishness.

I, for one, appreciate you providing any Packer information based on factual camp reports. Please just spare us the medical diagnosis and overreaction...

Let what go?

He has an injury.

Im not going to let go of people proclaiming things that don't have a basis in fact. I will dispute them when I see fit.
Don't use past tense. This is a present tense and future tense conversation. Cobb has a significant injury to his biceps tendon that will linger the entire season. Sell him if you can get a haul.

Didn't read.
no one cares what you do or don't read. you're not important.
Nobody is.

I can only stomach so much of a good, intelligent writer desperately craving attention by pretending to be a simpleton.

Edit to add: Listen, the whole SWC persona is so consistent and contrived that I had to see what the story was. Happily, you can search all a member's posts. His old ones read like a grad student or a white collar professional was writing them.

Then, for whatever reason, he chose to do this. Fine. Do it on a lark, adopt a personality, have fun with it. You do that for a few days, it's mildly amusing. You do it for several years, it's sad.

If you want to say I'm out of order by talking about this in response to you, then fine. Admitted. I'd argue that it's the lesser evil relative the coddled clown who seemingly exists only to derail each and every board-relevant thread by talking nonsense and drawing attention to this fake persona he's created for himself.

I won't pursue it, but I'd urge people to stop encouraging it. Not just because it screws up what seems to be an otherwise good and on-topic message board for all but the most ardent regulars who enjoy run-on jokes, but because there is something psychologically worrisome about taking on such a persona for such a long time.

I won't address the topic again. Sorry to all but SWC.

Let what go?

He has an injury.

Don't use past tense. This is a present tense and future tense conversation. Cobb has a significant injury to his biceps tendon that will linger the entire season. Sell him if you can get a haul.
If this is true, that is not bad advice. But I haven't heard that it was a biceps tendon injury, or anything other than an injured biceps. Do you have a link that specifically states what the injury is?

Let what go?

He has an injury.

If this is true, that is not bad advice. But I haven't heard that it was a biceps tendon injury, or anything other than an injured biceps. Do you have a link that specifically states what the injury is?
Only links that come up when you search for his injury are this site (this topic I believe) and a few blurbs in places where the writer claims it was biceps tendon.

Not a single quote out of the mouth of any Packer personnel claiming it is biceps tendonitis.

He has an injury...it is lingering...we know this.

Further speculation is just that...speculation. And going overboard about it as if he has some information is what I am taking exception to.

And going overboard about it as if he has some information is what I am taking exception to.
You consider it overboard because you have an emotional attachment to Cobb. Get over it. From reports immediately after the Aug 6th practice:

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

It is all over Google that it was a biceps tendon injury in a scrimmage. Ice bag on the right shoulder where the biceps connect. He tried to tough it out the other day in practice and he could not go. *shocker*

Learn about Biceps Tendonitis.

And don't forget to SELL COBB ASAP.

And going overboard about it as if he has some information is what I am taking exception to.
You consider it overboard because you have an emotional attachment to Cobb. Get over it. From reports immediately after the Aug 6th practice:

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

It is all over Google that it was a biceps tendon injury in a scrimmage. Ice bag on the right shoulder where the biceps connect. He tried to tough it out the other day in practice and he could not go. *shocker*

Since the original injury, how much has Cobb practiced? I know he skipped the preseason game.

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

Thanks for the links. I don't mean this as an insult, but did you actually read them? Both of your first 2 links said the injury was not serious, neither mentioned a tear (full or partial). The 3rd link said that the most common treatment for biceps tendonitis (not a biceps tear) is rest, therefore Cobb not practicing would be an indication that they are treating a sore biceps tendon, not a torn biceps tendon.

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

Thanks for the links. I don't mean this as an insult, but did you actually read them? Both of your first 2 links said the injury was not serious, neither mentioned a tear (full or partial). The 3rd link said that the most common treatment for biceps tendonitis (not a biceps tear) is rest, therefore Cobb not practicing would be an indication that they are treating a sore biceps tendon, not a torn biceps tendon.
This entire thread is about whether or not Cobb has a serious injury.

Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

My quote from just above about what is out there as far as this injury.

Only links that come up when you search for his injury are this site (this topic I believe) and a few blurbs in places where the writer claims it was biceps tendon.

Not a single quote out of the mouth of any Packer personnel claiming it is biceps tendonitis.
Your two links were right after the injury...when there was not much known about what happened.

At that pint, you went overboard talking about tears and ringing your alarm.

Just as you are doing in this thread yet again.

IMO...that is not the type of info people really need...speculation and just acting as if the worst is true...with zero knowledge on that matter.

Id also like to know what emotional attachment I have to this player?

Touchdown There said:
Bayhawks said:
Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

Which tendonitis is not...

Touchdown There said:
Bayhawks said:
Touchdown There said:
sho nuff said:

Biceps Tendon

Biceps Tendon #2

I understand that. I'm not sure you do (or maybe you're trying to generate some negative spin on Cobb for an upcoming draft???). A biceps tear would be a serious injury. Biceps tendonitis, not so much. By your large, bolded, capitalized "and don't forget to sell Cobb asap" line, you seem to think Cobb's injury is the more serious biceps tear, when by ALL accounts (except yours), it is a case of biceps tendonitis. When I came into the thread, I saw your post, and thought, he could be onto something. When I read the links/info that YOU provided, I realized it's not a serious injury. I can't understand how you seem to think it is.

Touchdown There said:
Bayhawks said:
I know everyone is over the pissing match... but this Touchdown guy has to be the most delusional poster in Sharkpool history. And that's saying something. Maybe he's 15? I don't know... but he offers links as evidence for his argument that do nothing to support his claims. And asks for links to his previous posts because he denies he said them. :no:

No one likes the cyclical arguments that take a thread off subject... but no one likes someone crying fire in a crowded theater either.

i read touchwrong underwears links and all i can say is that man that guy should not be in charge of any old folks health care that is for sure it would be like this hey touchwrong we found out that your grandma has a hangnail and we need to trim it up and he would be like pull the plug and let her go sawbones and that is not cool respect your elders take that to the bank brohans

Users who are viewing this thread