What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randle-El agrees with Redskins (1 Viewer)

This move doesn't make sense to me. He goes into Washington as the #3 WR behind Moss and Lloyd, where in PIT he got the chance to be #2 and make all the "gadget plays" in Wisenhunt's offense.

This move doesn't make sense to me. He goes into Washington as the #3 WR behind Moss and Lloyd, where in PIT he got the chance to be #2 and make all the "gadget plays" in Wisenhunt's offense.
Who says he #3? I can easily see him beating out Lloyd.

I think it's a bad move by Randle El. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see Washington as a stretch it out kind of team, throwing the long ball. Randle El is no Steve Smith and two receivers with dimunitive size doesn't bode well. I drop Randle El quite a bit on the cheat sheets.

6 year deal.

ETA that ARE turned down a 6 year, $18M offer from DA BEARS so I'm guessing it was more than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmm, kinda mixed on this. I can see it from ARE's prespective, in that he's getting a long term deal worth a good bit of $$. Who wouldn't want that?

On the other hand, I think he'd experience more success in Pittsburgh (one ring already) than in Washington. I like what the Redskins have done so far, and should make the playoffs for years. But I'm not sure they have enough to get them into the Super Bowl yet...

Anyone get the figures? Great guy, great returner...but clearly not worth more than the Bears offered. $8+ mill SB for a #3 WR/punt returner is crazy.

Redskins add Randle El to receiving corpsESPN.com news services

Former Steelers wide receiver Antwaan Randle El has agreed to a six-year deal with the Washington Redskins, a source familiar with the negotiations told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

Randle El turned down a six-year, $18 million offer from the Bears that included $8 million to sign.

He's a WR 2.5 - it's completely understandable that he's trying to capitalise when his value is at it's peak. How many punt returners do you know are able to ink a 6-year contract?

So the Redskins top 3 receivers are 5'10", 5'10", and 6'0". Hmmmm...

I would think that would benefit Portis and Cooley in the red zone without a big, physical receiver.

Heh I don't get it. After making all kinds of huge offseason moves for years and still sucking, they finally had a good season after just leaving things alone and letting everyone gel...now here they go back to their ways of spending, probably once again with no results.

The Skins are like the Yankees except sucky.

How are the Skins signing these guys? Aren't they already over the cap?
More importantly, which of these guys is going to be the X receiver? They got a bunch of flankers.Oakland tried this last year and it failed miserably.

Redskins | Randle El agrees to contract

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:57:23 -0800

ESPN.com reports free agent WR Antwaan Randle El has agreed to a six-year contract with the Washington Redskins, according to a source close to ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

It's true but still can't believe it.

Biggest loser FF wise are Santana Moss dynasty/keeper league owners. Lloyd & A.R.E will make the Skins a balanced offense. I don't think you will see Brunell forcing it as much to Moss in 06.

How are the Skins signing these guys?  Aren't they already over the cap?
More importantly, which of these guys is going to be the X receiver? They got a bunch of flankers.Oakland tried this last year and it failed miserably.
I agree... this brings back memories of Wayne Fontes and Mouse Davis's ill-fated Silver Stretch Smurfs.ARE pretty much does all the same things as Moss, except not as well.

Maybe it's just me, but Pittsburgh's WR's didn't seem any bigger than what Washington has now...

Biggest loser FF wise are Santana Moss dynasty/keeper league owners. Lloyd & A.R.E will make the Skins a balanced offense. I don't think you will see Brunell forcing it as much to Moss in 06.
Thats right youll see Cambell forcing it to Moss. :banned:

BTW all those who said Gibbs would have trouble in a capped NFL where he couldn't buy the players he wanted... you were wrong.

Maybe it's just me, but Pittsburgh's WR's didn't seem any bigger than what Washington has now...
Pittsburgh also wasn't overspending on them.And while Ward isn't very tall, at 6'0, 215, he's built to go over the middle, make tough catches and take hits. Which of the Skins WRs can do that?

Pittsburgh also wasn't overspending on them.And while Ward isn't very tall, at 6'0, 215, he's built to go over the middle, make tough catches and take hits. Which of the Skins WRs can do that?
Are you seriously going to question Gibbs and Saunders? C'mon.

BTW all those who said Gibbs would have trouble in a capped NFL where he couldn't buy the players he wanted... you were wrong.
Yep. Although neither Randle El or Lloyd is a superstar, they are both solid receivers who together will make this a very potent offense. I think we can expect to see about 1000/8 from Moss, 800/6 from Lloyd, and 500/3 from Randle El. Cooley will probably get more goalline looks and end up with something like 600/7 with Portis rounding out the totals with 300/2. That means the starting QB should pass for about 3200 yards and 26 TDs give or take a few to the fullbacks and backups. Not bad.I just hope they still go after some defensive guys. I want Andre Carter bad. He was great as a pass-rushing end but floundered when they switched to 3-4 and he had to play OLB.

El > Lloyd
The numbers don't reflect that at all. Lloyd saw alot of double coverage in SF and still put up much better number than Randle El whose numbers actually dropped when he became a starter.

They're human, aren't they?Everyone makes mistakes. ARE isn't worth more than what the Bears offered.

Redskins board says that they heard on Sirius that ESPNnews might have bad information. Anyone find another link for confirmation of this signing. Apparently ARE left Washington on his way to Chicago a couple of hours ago, and he did not have a deal in place when he left.

They're human, aren't they?Everyone makes mistakes. ARE isn't worth more than what the Bears offered.
I don't know about that. Randle El's value doesn't lie completely in his receiver stats. He'll never be a stud receiver and I don't think any team should try to make him into that (he wasn't successful at it last year). His value lies in his versatility. How many guys in this league can play slot receiver, backup QB, and punt returner all at once effectively?

Redskins board says that they heard on Sirius that ESPNnews might have bad information. Anyone find another link for confirmation of this signing. Apparently ARE left Washington on his way to Chicago a couple of hours ago, and he did not have a deal in place when he left.
I just came here to post the same thing. this was just posted on a Steelers homer board:
Got this from the 'Skins board...take it with a grain of salt until true confirmation...

>>>>Quote:....David Elfin, Washington Times, was just on Sirius NFLRadio and he

>>>>said he spoke with Randle El ten (10) minutes ago and that the ESPN report is not true!

Apparently, Randle El left the DC area for Chicago around 15-20 minutes ago, without a deal. ESPN isn't showing the ARE deal in their BREAKING NEWS section anymore.

El > Lloyd
The numbers don't reflect that at all. Lloyd saw alot of double coverage in SF and still put up much better number than Randle El whose numbers actually dropped when he became a starter.
Well, I'm basing my opinion on what I see on the field as opposed tto he "numbers."

El > Lloyd
Well, I'm basing my opinion on what I see on the field as opposed tto he "numbers."
You obviously haven't seen much of Lloyd other than that infamous pass duck.

I don't know about that. Randle El's value doesn't lie completely in his receiver stats. He'll never be a stud receiver and I don't think any team should try to make him into that (he wasn't successful at it last year). His value lies in his versatility. How many guys in this league can play slot receiver, backup QB, and punt returner all at once effectively?
He can't play backup QB effectively. Sure, he can throw the ball on a gimmick play, which is nice, but he's not an NFL QB. The Steelers still had to carry Batch and Maddox. And punt returners aren't in short supply in the NFL.

El > Lloyd
You're absolutely right...I haven't caught many NFL games this past year.

I just came here to post the same thing. this was just posted on a Steelers homer board:
Got this from the 'Skins board...take it with a grain of salt until true confirmation...

>>>>Quote:....David Elfin, Washington Times, was just on Sirius NFLRadio and he

>>>>said he spoke with Randle El ten (10) minutes ago and that the ESPN report is not true!

Apparently, Randle El left the DC area for Chicago around 15-20 minutes ago, without a deal. ESPN isn't showing the ARE deal in their BREAKING NEWS section anymore.
ESPN is still showing the deal in their BREAKING NEWS section.

El > Lloyd
You're absolutely right...I haven't caught many NFL games this past year.
Then you're in for a treat. Watch this video and you'll see why his nickname is "Matrix".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcV9YN5COF8

So the Redskins top 3 receivers are 5'10", 5'10", and 6'0".  Hmmmm...

I would think that would benefit Portis and Cooley in the red zone without a big, physical receiver.
Modern day Smurfs.
Reminds me of the time I was in basic training at Ft. Leonard Wood and there were three really short guys in the company. The drill sergeants got together and did some trading of ID cards and these three short guys collectively were placed in my platoon. These guys were 5'6", 5'7" and 5'8" respectively.A little later on as we would go to our classes, the drill sergeants would have these three guys stand in front of the class before each new instructor and sing. The song they sang while bobbing up and down..

"We represent the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids.."

ESPN.com says its a 6 year deal, $ 31 million with a $10 million signing bonus. That is sick money for him, a great punt returner and a good gadget receiver. WOW.

When exactly are the Skins going to be in Salary Cap Hell?

I thought it was this season, or next season...

I like Randle El, but not $31Million worth.

When exactly are the Skins going to be in Salary Cap Hell?

I thought it was this season, or next season...

I like Randle El, but not $31Million worth.
Agreed as a Bears fan, I hope this signing is true and he is off the market, because I don't want to see the Bears overpay for him. As a receiver I don't see him as a better option than what we have already.

ESPN.com says its a 6 year deal, $ 31 million with a $10 million signing bonus. That is sick money for him, a great punt returner and a good gadget receiver. WOW.
Wow. That's way above what the Bears were offering. Bears | Randle El turned down six-year contract

Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:23:07 -0800

ESPN.com reports free agent WR Antwaan Randle El (Steelers) rejected a six-year deal worth $18 million from the Chicago Bears. The deal also included an $8 million bonus.

I think it slots right between what the Bears offered and what Reggie Wayne got.

Nice assist in the negotiation process Jerry Angelo. You're Daniel Snyder's personal negotiatating huckleberry.

How are the Skins signing these guys? Aren't they already over the cap?
The Redskins are in salary cap hell every year. Their response: go sign more players.I truly do believe they can do this indefinately, the opposite of what I thought two years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread