What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randy Blythe - Lamb of God (1 Viewer)

Wild Young Billy

A Crazy Cat
The trial for Randy Blythe started yesterday in the Czech Republic. Randy was kept in a Czech jail for 5 weeks over the summer, released and asked to return for his trial in the Czech Republic in February.

He is accused of pushing a fan off the stage during a concert in Prague in 2010.

My link

Thoughts and prayers for Randy.

I am sure EG72 has some thoughts on this.From what I have been reading, the trial so far is definitely not going his way. He said he never touched him, but a witness said he gave him an "aggressive" two hand shove from the back.Video of the alleged incident:

I think it's ridiculous that he's on trial, that's for sure. Everyone in the world is looking for someone to blame when something tragic happens. If you climb up on stage during a show, you do so knowing you're extremely likely to get pulled down or jettisoned back into the crowd. Often, that's the point of doing it in the first place. Whether the "fatal" push came from Randy or security is pretty much immaterial. If you're going to do something like this kid did, you need to be prepared for possible consequences.If anyone is "responsible" besides the deceased, it's the security detail. Kid never should have been on stage at all, yet apparently he was up there multiple times. If I was Blythe, I'd never have gone anywhere near the Czech Republic again. Dude has got major league stones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he return to the Czech Republic for trial?
This was his statement after initial incarceration and his return to the U.S. The bolded pertains directly to your question :Greetings. This is D. Randall Blythe, checking in from my beloved hometown of Richmond, VA, United States of America. I was recently released on bail from Pankrác Prison in Prague, Czech Republic, after over a month of incarceration. Now that I am out for the moment, I would like to say a few things.

1. While in prison, I had minimal knowledge of how my case was viewed anywhere but the Czech Republic. I was told by my attorney that I had a lot support from peers in the music industry, my hometown, fans, and of course my family. I cannot express how emotional it made me upon my release to read about even a fraction of the voices that were raised on my behalf. From legends in my music community, to fans across the world, and even people who were previously unaware of my existence but sympathized with my plight- I am truly humbled. I cannot thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers. I would especially like to thank the people of Richmond, VA, for standing by me. In the 48 hours I have been home, many people I have never met before have stopped me on the street, waved and smiled as I passed by, or said hello in a restaurant. All have said "We are glad you are home, Randy". You all make me proud and grateful that I call Richmond home.

2. I would like state that I suffered no abuse, from either authorities or inmates, during my incarceration in Pankrác. I received no special treatment, and was in general population with everyone else- make no mistake, it was prison, not some celebrity rehab tv show. But I was treated fairly by the guards and kindly by my fellow inmates. People are dying of starvation all over the world. Men and women are losing their lives daily in the Middle East and other war torn regions. I had food, clothes, shelter, and no one was trying to kill me. I cannot complain over a short stay in prison while many people elsewhere fight to survive on a daily basis.

3. If it is deemed necessary for me to do so, I WILL return to Prague to stand trial. While I maintain my innocence 100%, and will do so steadfastly, I will NOT hide in the United States, safe from extradition and possible prosecution. As I write this, the family of a fan of my band suffers through the indescribably tragic loss of their child. They have to deal with constantly varying media reports about the circumstances surrounding his death. I am charged with maliciously causing severe bodily harm to this young man, resulting in his death. While I consider the charge leveled against me ludicrous and without qualification, my opinion makes no difference in this matter. The charge exists, and for the family of this young man, questions remain. The worst possible pain remains. It is fairly common knowledge amongst fans of my band that I once lost a child as well. I, unfortunately, am intimately familiar with what their pain is like. Therefore, I know all too well that in their time of grief, this family needs and deserves some real answers, not a media explosion followed by the accused killer of their son hiding like a coward thousands of miles away while they suffer. I am a man. I was raised to face my problems head on, not run from them like a petulant child. I hope that justice is done, and the family of Daniel N. will receive the closure they undoubtably need to facilitate healing. I feel VERY STRONGLY that as an adult, it would be both irresponsible and immoral for me not to return to Prague if I am summoned. This is not about bail money. This is about a young man who lost his life. I will act with honor, and I will fight to clear my good name in this matter. Thank you for reading this, and I wish you all peace.

Randy had no idea that there was a warrant for his arrest. When they were on tour last summer, they went to the Czech Republic. When they landed, the police were waiting to arrest Randy. The dude is classy and well read. He started to learn the Czech language while he was in jail there this summer.

The trial for Randy Blythe started yesterday in the Czech Republic. Randy was kept in a Czech jail for 5 weeks over the summer, released and asked to return for his trial in the Czech Republic in February. He is accused of pushing a fan off the stage during a concert in Prague in 2010.My linkThoughts and prayers for Randy.
Dunno why Randy deserves T&P. If he's guilty, put him in jail. If not, set him free. T&P to the family of the young man who died.

The trial for Randy Blythe started yesterday in the Czech Republic. Randy was kept in a Czech jail for 5 weeks over the summer, released and asked to return for his trial in the Czech Republic in February. He is accused of pushing a fan off the stage during a concert in Prague in 2010.My linkThoughts and prayers for Randy.
Dunno why Randy deserves T&P. If he's guilty, put him in jail. If not, set him free. T&P to the family of the young man who died.
He's not guilty, that's the thing. He's being tried for manslaughter, which is a crime of intent. Anyone who thinks the singer of a band would intentionally murder one of his own fans while on stage is insane. GG Allin never even did that.If I'm the singer of a band and someone climbs on stage and starts running towards me, I'm not assuming he's trying to give me a big hug, even though that's most likely the case. Especially after what happened in Columbus a few years back. You jump on stage, there's about a 90% chance you're getting pulled/shoved off or you're diving off. There's an inherent risk involved - if you don't want to take the risk, don't climb on stage. Of course, death isn't what you bargained for, and it's a damned shame that it occurred, but ultimately, the stage diver has to accept personal responsibility. Trying to blame the band or security is ludicrous. Even if you don't agree with that stance, trying someone for manslaughter in this incident is absurd. Feels like the Czech government has an agenda here and is trying to make him an example. Of what, I have no idea, but I can tell you that there's no way on Earth I would have returned to stand trial given those circumstances.

Dunno why Randy deserves T&P. If he's guilty, put him in jail. If not, set him free.
Are you willing to put your life in the hands of the Czech legal system with 100% confidence of getting a fair outcome? I'm not. No way I go back. BFD... gotta stay out of Czech republic for the rest of my life. No real loss there.

He's not guilty, that's the thing. He's being tried for manslaughter, which is a crime of intent. Anyone who thinks the singer of a band would intentionally murder one of his own fans while on stage is insane. GG Allin never even did that.If I'm the singer of a band and someone climbs on stage and starts running towards me, I'm not assuming he's trying to give me a big hug, even though that's most likely the case. Especially after what happened in Columbus a few years back. You jump on stage, there's about a 90% chance you're getting pulled/shoved off or you're diving off. There's an inherent risk involved - if you don't want to take the risk, don't climb on stage. Of course, death isn't what you bargained for, and it's a damned shame that it occurred, but ultimately, the stage diver has to accept personal responsibility. Trying to blame the band or security is ludicrous. Even if you don't agree with that stance, trying someone for manslaughter in this incident is absurd. Feels like the Czech government has an agenda here and is trying to make him an example. Of what, I have no idea, but I can tell you that there's no way on Earth I would have returned to stand trial given those circumstances.
If they are trying to make a statement, they might accomplish that. There are no jury trials in the Czech Republic. Three judges will preside.

Dunno why Randy deserves T&P. If he's guilty, put him in jail. If not, set him free.
Are you willing to put your life in the hands of the Czech legal system with 100% confidence of getting a fair outcome? I'm not. No way I go back. BFD... gotta stay out of Czech republic for the rest of my life. No real loss there.
Exactly. Only ones who lose there are Lamb of God fans in the Czech Republic. Dude's got way bigger boulders than I.

Anyone who thinks the singer of a band would intentionally murder one of his own fans while on stage is insane.
I dunno. Metallica sued their own fans and U2 made that "Pop" album. Pretty close.

If they are trying to make a statement, they might accomplish that. There are no jury trials in the Czech Republic. Three judges will preside.
Exactly. I'm sure he'll definitely get a fair trial too. It's not like the Czech government is so corrupt that they have a 21% VAT across the board on purchases to make up for shortfalls caused by inside embezzlement. Oh wait....

Anyone who thinks the singer of a band would intentionally murder one of his own fans while on stage is insane.
I dunno. Metallica sued their own fans and U2 made that "Pop" album. Pretty close.
:lmao:Forget suing their fans, the "Loutallica" collaboration HAD to have caused some deaths. I stand corrected.

Agreed. Wouldn't go back. If he's not going to get a fair trial, it's surprising they let him go.

Exactly. I'm sure he'll definitely get a fair trial too. It's not like the Czech government is so corrupt that they have a 21% VAT across the board on purchases to make up for shortfalls caused by inside embezzlement. Oh wait....
Yeah this is what I was thinking when I read Blythe's statement. I don't know if anybody explained to him that foreign justice systems pretty much suck.

The trial for Randy Blythe started yesterday in the Czech Republic. Randy was kept in a Czech jail for 5 weeks over the summer, released and asked to return for his trial in the Czech Republic in February.

He is accused of pushing a fan off the stage during a concert in Prague in 2010.

My link

Are you willing to put your life in the hands of the Czech legal system with 100% confidence of getting a fair outcome?

I'm not. No way I go back. BFD... gotta stay out of Czech republic for the rest of my life. No real loss there.
In comparison to whom? As far as I can tell the biggest complaint about the Czech system is the lengthy pre-trial waits in jail. Randy got to be free so he already got past that. I can't find anything to suggest they are any worse than any other EU country.

Sidebar : when reading up on political corruption in the Czech Rep., I came across this conversation recorded on a wiretap and translated as closely as possible into English. The conversation is between the former mayor of Prague and an influential businessman many suggested has influenced policy-making illegally through donations to the corrupt government :Janoušek: Good morning, Mayor!Bém: I am going to s##t my pants. I am incredibly pissed off. Those journalists are getting on my nerves. Really!Janoušek: I don't wonder.Bém: But I am really pissed off. F##k, do something about it you guys! I am now being tested by some idiots from Nova [TV].…Janoušek: Yes?Bém: That f##ker's name is some Milan [sic, actually Michal] Sochor [then a Nova reporter].Janoušek: I called there already!Bém: I am ejaculating with anger.Janoušek: That's clear. Turn yourself off. Turn yourself off.Bém: I can't turn myself off. S##t. If you guys don't start doing something. F##k! :lmao:

'NCCommish said:
'[icon] said:
'chet said:
'Wild Young Billy said:

My link

Are you willing to put your life in the hands of the Czech legal system with 100% confidence of getting a fair outcome?

I'm not. No way I go back. BFD... gotta stay out of Czech republic for the rest of my life. No real loss there.
In comparison to whom? As far as I can tell the biggest complaint about the Czech system is the lengthy pre-trial waits in jail. Randy got to be free so he already got past that. I can't find anything to suggest they are any worse than any other EU country.
Doesn't matter. How does it compare to the U.S legals system...which I'm just going to guess is all that Blythe is aware of.

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'chet said:
'Wild Young Billy said:
Not exactly up on Czech law, but generally manslaughter is NOT intentionally murdering someone. Voluntary manslaughter is killing someone after provocation that is insufficient to excuse the death (i.e., less than self-defense). Involuntary manslaughter is causing a death without intending to do so either by not exercising reasonable care while doing a legal act or while committing a non-felony illegal act. If he pushed a fan off a stage in the US, it could very well result in manslaughter charges here, too. If you get caught in bed with somebody's wife, there's about a 90% chance her husband is going to attack you somehow, and you should be ready to accept that inherent risk. But, if the husband kills you, it's still manslaughter (at least).

'NCCommish said:
'[icon] said:
'chet said:
'Wild Young Billy said:

My link

Doesn't matter. How does it compare to the U.S legals system...which I'm just going to guess is all that Blythe is aware of.
You mean the system that has put dozens of innocent people on death row? The one where police and prosecutors can lie to get you to say what they want? About the same I'd hazard.

'Evilgrin 72 said:
'chet said:
'Wild Young Billy said:
Not exactly up on Czech law, but generally manslaughter is NOT intentionally murdering someone. Voluntary manslaughter is killing someone after provocation that is insufficient to excuse the death (i.e., less than self-defense). Involuntary manslaughter is causing a death without intending to do so either by not exercising reasonable care while doing a legal act or while committing a non-felony illegal act. If he pushed a fan off a stage in the US, it could very well result in manslaughter charges here, too. If you get caught in bed with somebody's wife, there's about a 90% chance her husband is going to attack you somehow, and you should be ready to accept that inherent risk. But, if the husband kills you, it's still manslaughter (at least).
My understanding is that the charge currently being leveled at him implies intent to kill. Unless I've read faulty information, that's what I'm basing my statements on, but your point is well-taken.

I don't know how anyone can listen to that crap.
I don't know how anyone can listen to anything on the Billboard Top 10, but more people listen to that crap than anything else. To each his own. At least if you don't care for Lamb of God, you can avoid them very easily. Those of us who hate mainstream pabulum are subjected to it all day long on co-workers' radios, passing cars, in stores, in 90% of bars, etc. etc. If the rest of you had to hear Devildriver and Slayer all day every day, the murder rate would be through the roof. You don't know how good you have it, pop music fans.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185879&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

RANDY BLYTHE Trial Delayed; LAMB OF GOD Singer To Return To U.S. - Feb. 6, 2013

According to WTVR.com, LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe will return to the U.S. this week after it was announced in a Czech Republic court his trial would be delayed.

Blythe's defense team asked for the delay because a key witness was sick, according to Prague Post reporter Jonathan Crane who is helping cover the trial for WTVR.com. The defense team wanted that witness to testify in person.

Another witness is scheduled to testify Thursday, after which the trial will be postponed until March 4, Crane said.

The singer will be allowed to return to the U.S. until his trial resumes. He indicated in court that he would definitely return to Prague next month.

Blythe is facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a May 2010 incident in which a fan, Daniel Nosek, who attended a LAMB OF GOD performance in Prague, died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage.

The parents of the alleged victim, Daniel Nosek, are demanding compensation of 10 million Czech Koruna (approximately $530,000).

Blythe was imprisoned for five weeks in the Czech Republic after being detained on June 27, 2012 when the Grammy-nominated, Richmond, Virginia-based band arrived there for a show.

The singer was freed without charge in August but had to post $400,000 bail, then left the country, vowing to return for the trial.

Rumor was that Mayhem Fest was delaying their lineup announcement to see how this trial would go. This delay is really pushing up against that deadline.

via WOLVERINEKILLS on Twitter and Facebook

Lamb of God vocalist Randy Blythe issued a letter regarding his ongoing legal proceedings in the Czech Republic where he is accused of manslaughter and faces up to 10 years in a Czech prison and a more than half a million dollar settlement to the victims family if found guilty. Here is the letter in its entirety:"I have read a few news reports of the progress of my case, and trust me — many things are incorrect. But this is the Internet, and, of course, things are half-baked anyway. Keep in mind that translation is difficult, and many things can be lost, for Czech is a VERY DIFFICULT language. So wait and see, as I am. It is all I can do, except be honest and fight for my freedom in my own way. "I also have heard of some people (not on here) talking smack about the Czech Republic, saying, '#### the Czech Republic,' etc. This [is] not how it should be. This is a very sad case, not something to rage at people you do not know over. "I am not angry with the Czechs at all. A fan of my band is dead — what do I have to be angry about? I am an INNOCENT man, but I am also a very sad man right now. To not be sad in this instance would be inhuman. But mad at the Czech people? Why would I be mad at them? "Here, look at this picture — a mother watches her baby. The child reaches out for something new, laughing and chasing a pretty picture in the air. It is the same here as everywhere else. Do you see?!?!? "Life is beautiful. "I hope to see y'all soon."Lamb of God already has performances scheduled for the 2013 Rock On The Range and Wacken Open Air festivals.

I don't know how anyone can listen to anything on the Billboard Top 10, but more people listen to that crap than anything else. To each his own. At least if you don't care for Lamb of God, you can avoid them very easily. Those of us who hate mainstream pabulum are subjected to it all day long on co-workers' radios, passing cars, in stores, in 90% of bars, etc. etc. If the rest of you had to hear Devildriver and Slayer all day every day, the murder rate would be through the roof. You don't know how good you have it, pop music fans.
You should read the History of Rock N Roll (or whatever it is called on Grantland). Specifically Chapter 5 which talks about how metal used to be about isolationism and "this is ours, not yours" and Metallica broke through. Author makes a convincing point that Metallica never wanted to be isolationist but always yearned to be mainstream. Very solid article.

This Randy Blythe sounds like a guy with his head screwed on right and his heart in the right place. Rare to see in this world.

You should read the History of Rock N Roll (or whatever it is called on Grantland). Specifically Chapter 5 which talks about how metal used to be about isolationism and "this is ours, not yours" and Metallica broke through. Author makes a convincing point that Metallica never wanted to be isolationist but always yearned to be mainstream. Very solid article.
I read it yesterday afternoon. It was solid, I thought it could have been fleshed out a little more, but Hyden has his finger on the right pulse. Good read.

Rumor was that Mayhem Fest was delaying their lineup announcement to see how this trial would go. This delay is really pushing up against that deadline.
March 18th is the announcement date (as of now.) I'd been hearing that it might be Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Rammstein and System of a Down this year.

:goodposting: I don't care for metal but I do see how certain people find it appealing. Mostly juvenile delinquents, auto-body guys, parks department grounds crews, date rapists, painting lines on the streets and highway guys, child support dodgers, tweakers, beer shoplifters, and Evilgrin.

March 18th is the announcement date (as of now.) I'd been hearing that it might be Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Rammstein and System of a Down this year.
That would be insane. I have heard Rob Zombie, Deftones, Lamb of God, and Killswitch Engage on the main stage.I think one of Hatebreed's members recently said they would not be touring the US this year, but maybe a couple shows in Europe (hopefully not Czech). In This Moment, Behemoth, and Children of Bodom for the side stages.

:goodposting: I don't care for metal but I do see how certain people find it appealing. Mostly juvenile delinquents, auto-body guys, parks department grounds crews, date rapists, painting lines on the streets and highway guys, child support dodgers, tweakers, beer shoplifters, and Evilgrin.
You got me :thumbup:

:lmao: :lmao:You're really not that far off. It's so rare that I meet someone who's into the same music I am, but is also a normal, interesting, professional guy.

The music, or more acutely, the POWER of that brand of music gets in your blood and makes most other music seem like obsequious garbage by comparison. It's like heroin, once you're on it, it's hard to get off. Offering a dope-sick junkie a Coors Light isn't going to cut it.

That would be insane. I have heard Rob Zombie, Deftones, Lamb of God, and Killswitch Engage on the main stage.I think one of Hatebreed's members recently said they would not be touring the US this year, but maybe a couple shows in Europe (hopefully not Czech). In This Moment, Behemoth, and Children of Bodom for the side stages.
If it's deftones and Lamb of God, I'm there, even though the "local" show is : a) a 2 1/2 hour drive, b) on a Wednesday, and c) Late July in Florida (105 degree heat index for an outdoor show.) Hatebreed, whatever - I've seen them a bunch of times and they're super high-energy live, but I won't cry either way. Killswitch is OK (I like their older stuff much better) - Rob Zombie, I've had enough of already. I really haven't liked anything he's done since White Zombie and he manages to get high billing on every GD festival tour. Enough.If it ends up being System of a Down, Deftones, AND Lamb of God, you'd need the army to keep me away from that ####.

Office managers, assistant grocery managers, sales representatives, technical assistants, marketing agents, and a literature major (currently a bartender). Six men including myself who are all productive members of society yet happen to enjoy a blast beat on occasion. :shrug: Most people hear this music and immediately tune it out or call it "crap" because of the vocals. They don't really take the time to know what the lyrics are or pay attention to the technical expertise, instrumental mastery, or the musicianship some of these bands display in their songs. The drummer for Lamb of God is arguably the best at his craft in the entire world.

Granted, there are some really awful metal bands, but poor musicians are present in any genre of popular music. Lumping all of them together is a mistake.

Most of the better musicians of today are in hard rock or metal groups. They're writing and playing live the most technically difficult music in the world.

Office managers, assistant grocery managers, sales representatives, technical assistants, marketing agents, and a literature major (currently a bartender). Six men including myself who are all productive members of society yet happen to enjoy a blast beat on occasion. :shrug:
LIES

Office managers, assistant grocery managers, sales representatives, technical assistants, marketing agents, and a literature major (currently a bartender). Six men including myself who are all productive members of society yet happen to enjoy a blast beat on occasion. :shrug:

Most people hear this music and immediately tune it out or call it "crap" because of the vocals. They don't really take the time to know what the lyrics are or pay attention to the technical expertise, instrumental mastery, or the musicianship some of these bands display in their songs. The drummer for Lamb of God is arguably the best at his craft in the entire world.

Granted, there are some really awful metal bands, but poor musicians are present in any genre of popular music. Lumping all of them together is a mistake.

Most of the better musicians of today are in hard rock or metal groups. They're writing and playing live the most technically difficult music in the world.
Most people are exposed to Slipknot over Mastodon. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmmmm hmmm.I don't know about you, but I think everyone could use a little aggressive catharsis in their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread