What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking all Songs by Rage Against The Machine - 1. Know Your Enemy (1 Viewer)

2. People of the Sun - Evil Empire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_YtCpC12Kg

This is where Tom really starts to take off with his true creativity, using the allen wrench to scratch the strings.  I feel like this set a whole new expectation for what this band could be both musically and lyrically.  The first album went through lots of general racial oppression and many other social problems, but this record is so much more personal for Zach getting into the latino culture and I think that you can feel him finding his genuine spirit.  The music is super simple, but such a great groove.

Since fifteen hundred and sixteen, Mayans attacked and overseen
Now crawl amidst the ruins of this empty dream

Yeah, never forget that the whip snapped ya back
Your spine cracked for tobacc-oh, I'm the Marlboro Man, uh
Our past blastin' on through the verses
Brigades of taxi cabs rollin' Broadway like hearses

1. Know Your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim2MNvF8

To me, this song just has everything.  Opens with a cool harmonizer effect, than into a the machine gun riff that is as great as any any they've ever had, into a nice groove in the verse where Zach lays it down, back the blasting riff, Zach laying down more knowledge, oh that's not enough for you? well how about Maynard ####### James Keenan?  quick riff and into a blistering solo, with Timmy playing the chorus bassline underneath including chords, and then the outro where Zach is laying down the manifesto of the whole group. All of it flows seamlessly and wraps up in under 5 minutes. On cassette, this was the first song of Side B and I think that was definitely intentional.

Yes, I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity
Assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy
Brutality, the elite
All of which are American dreams

1. Know Your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim2MNvF8

To me, this song just has everything.  Opens with a cool harmonizer effect, than into a the machine gun riff that is as great as any any they've ever had, into a nice groove in the verse where Zach lays it down, back the blasting riff, Zach laying down more knowledge, oh that's not enough for you? well how about Maynard ####### James Keenan?  quick riff and into a blistering solo, with Timmy playing the chorus bassline underneath including chords, and then the outro where Zach is laying down the manifesto of the whole group. All of it flows seamlessly and wraps up in under 5 minutes. On cassette, this was the first song of Side B and I think that was definitely intentional.

Yes, I know my enemies
They're the teachers who taught me to fight me
Compromise, conformity
Assimilation, submission
Ignorance, hypocrisy
Brutality, the elite
these guys gave it a funny review as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zjNuq_0s8

Check out the genius that is Tom Morello at 4:07.  It's best to watch the lead up to see just how awesome this guy is.  GoT cover

Scott Ian's like, "yeah, this guy is bad-###"

Last edited by a moderator:
Captain Cranks said:
Check out the genius that is Tom Morello at 4:07.  It's best to watch the lead up to see just how awesome this guy is.  GoT cover

Scott Ian's like, "yeah, this guy is bad-###"
did scott even take a solo?  hey scott, you go now.  nah, i'm cool with my power chords.

lol at Brad Paisley coming in.  did not expect that.

cool video.

I wonder if Rage and the Jewel runners are gonna give back all the merch money they've made off of consumers within the capitalist system when capitalism crumbles partly at the direction of all the members. I suppose they just keep the money, right? I mean, they earned it and all, didn't they? 

:rolleyes:

Zac's net worth around $25 million

Tom's net worth around $30 million

Tim's net worth around $20 million

Brad's net worth around $20 million

Rockaction's assertion still stands, they have benefitted greatly from the capitalistic society they rail against. I love their music and passion but politically and economically, they are fools with no real understanding.

I wonder if Rage and the Jewel runners are gonna give back all the merch money they've made off of consumers within the capitalist system when capitalism crumbles partly at the direction of all the members. I suppose they just keep the money, right? I mean, they earned it and all, didn't they? 
Your point certainly stands and I know they do a lot of charitable work and community work. The world tour they did together a couple years ago had all the profits go to charity. However, there is no doubt they are all living quite well from years of merch, record and tour sales. 

Users who are viewing this thread