What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my Team - WHIR 100% (1 Viewer)

CKoz24

Footballguy
12 team - Standard scoring league - 1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - 1 TE - Def - K - 6 Ben

Picked 4th

QB - B.Roethlisberger (8)

RB - E. Elliot (1), D. Henry (4), R. Burkehead (6), S. Michel (9), A. Morris (14)

WR - A. Green (2), D. Baldwin (3), M. Goodwin (5), J. Crowder (7), G. Allison (12), T. Smith (13)

TE - G. Kittle (10)

K - W. Lutz (15)

Def - New Orleans (11)

Pre-Draft Strategy

Initial draft strategy was to take 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds and have my WR and RB covered by Round 5. If an available Gronkowski was available at round 2, I would have taken him though. I wasn't concerned to take a QB early and TE would be dependent on where value was found. Start the first 3 rounds with consistency and a moderate to conservative draft plan.

Post-Draft Thoughts

With Freeman and Gronk taken in round 2 and A.J. Green available, I needed to take him in the 2nd. Howard was taken off the board right before me in the 3rd and I wasn't to happy with the selection of RBs. Mixon was a reach for me at this point and Baldwin was a round 2 ADP option before being hurt. His ceiling will be incredibly high as long as he is healthy. Henry will be the goal line threat in Tennessee. Had him last year and was tepid taking him. Goodwin was a bit of a reach, but felt he wouldn't last to round 6 and have a feeling he can be in the WR 8-14 discussion. Burkehead was good value as Ingram was just taken before him and taking Michel will solidfy the NE backfield for me as everyone else in the area was just ok. Kittle will be my big question mark. Morris from SF, Allison from GB and Smith from New Orleans could be big payoffs or dropped. 

All together though, I feel this team is incredibly vanilla and will get the same points each week. It might be a bit boring.

Thoughts?

Overall looks good. I would be slightly worried about Big Ben for away games though. RB depth is a little weak outside of starters. Relying on Patriot RBs could get stressful. Really like your wrs though. I like Kittle as a late round TE.

Yea, Big Ben is a good streamer but away games are a major weak spot. I'd think about getting a backup there. I'm also not sold on Kittle so you may need to make a move there as well. I would drop Morris and T. Smith for a 2nd QB and a TE. Other than that, decent draft. 

12 team - Standard scoring league - 1 QB - 2 RB - 3 WR - 1 TE - Def - K - 6 Ben

Picked 4th

QB - B.Roethlisberger (8)

RB - E. Elliot (1), D. Henry (4), R. Burkehead (6), S. Michel (9), A. Morris (14)

WR - A. Green (2), D. Baldwin (3), M. Goodwin (5), J. Crowder (7), G. Allison (12), T. Smith (13)

TE - G. Kittle (10)

K - W. Lutz (15)

Def - New Orleans (11)
A very solid, if unspectacular team. That said, with no flex position & a 6-man bench, talent will emerge on the wire. 

Hard not to like a 1-2 punch of Eliiott/Green, and Henry as a RB2 should be rock solid. 

Deprh could be an issue but Burkhead’s recovery & Michel’s development will go a long way towards fixing that for at least BYE week replacement value.  A+ starting depth, C- for depth. Split the difference & imma say it’s a B. 

Baldwin is on track, and if he performs at 90% of last year & stays on the field he’s a great WR2. Love Goodwyn as a WR3 with 2 upside, and I very much look forward ro seeing Crowder with Ex Smith - they’re made for each other’s game. Allison a nice upside & Smith helps too. Give receivers an A.

TE is rough. You know it, I know it, hell, Kittle knows it. I like him, but not as a 1. He’ll give you a little every week, but I suspect you punted at TE & ended up with Kittle. keep an eye on Brate and some of the other undrafted guys - don’t hesitate to pull the trigger on a breakout early. D

Your kicker has a foot at the end of his leg. Well done. no grade.

D/ST - like much of the team, solid if unspectacular. 

Pre-Draft Strategy

Initial draft strategy was to take 2 RBs in the first 3 rounds and have my WR and RB covered by Round 5. If an available Gronkowski was available at round 2, I would have taken him though. I wasn't concerned to take a QB early and TE would be dependent on where value was found. Start the first 3 rounds with consistency and a moderate to conservative draft plan.

Post-Draft Thoughts

With Freeman and Gronk taken in round 2 and A.J. Green available, I needed to take him in the 2nd. Howard was taken off the board right before me in the 3rd and I wasn't to happy with the selection of RBs. Mixon was a reach for me at this point and Baldwin was a round 2 ADP option before being hurt. His ceiling will be incredibly high as long as he is healthy. Henry will be the goal line threat in Tennessee. Had him last year and was tepid taking him. Goodwin was a bit of a reach, but felt he wouldn't last to round 6 and have a feeling he can be in the WR 8-14 discussion. Burkehead was good value as Ingram was just taken before him and taking Michel will solidfy the NE backfield for me as everyone else in the area was just ok. Kittle will be my big question mark. Morris from SF, Allison from GB and Smith from New Orleans could be big payoffs or dropped. 

All together though, I feel this team is incredibly vanilla and will get the same points each week. It might be a bit boring.

Thoughts?
All told I grade you a B+ with a good shot at the playoffs. With a little luck with Burkhead/Michel or a timely WW pickup  it’ll be an A. 

As-is you may struggle getting enough production from your replacements during  BYE weeks, and any injury to one of your top 4 guys coulD seriously hamper your chances. 

But the starting roster is solid. :yes:  

Thanks for your help...

I love that you got Zeke at #4, and I agree that Green > the RBs at that point in time.  I also think Baldwin has a nice year and is one of the best WR2s out there (really a WR1A in my opinion).  Sticking with WRs, I LOVE your depth with Goodwin, Allison, and especially Crowder.  I could see any of them--especially Crowder--performing as a WR2.

I think with getting your RB2 in the 4th round, it's tough to do better than Henry.  I know you have to worry about Lewis a bit but Henry should be the touch leader in that backfield.  With standard scoring the catches going Lewis' way won't hurt you as much.  The rest are question marks but you know if Burkhead performs like last year you're all set.  If not, Michel is solid insurance.  Morris seems to have plenty of tread left and would skyrocket in value if either Niner RB misses time.

TE is a gamble, but after the top tier that's really the case for anyone left.  I like that Kittle has a higher ceiling than most.  If he doesn't hit for you there should be streaming options available.

I realize Ben's road splits have been down but I still think he's a great QB1.  He's healthier than he's been in years and although he may be more up & down that others in his range I think you'll be glad you have him.

Drafting is just one aspect of a successful season.  I think you have the start of a very competitive team.  Be watchful for FA additions, and I'd sell high if a depth RB starts hot...pair him with any of Baldwin/Goodwin/Crowder (depending on how they're playing) or Kittle and upgrade at RB or TE.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help with mine. 

I'm going to echo what most others have said in a solid/ vanilla team that should be pretty consistent week in and week out. I think Big Ben will be just fine & with 1QB/ 12-team league, I'm sure you can always find a b/u to stream on bad matchups for him. 

RB's - Like, but not love them. Zeke is about as good as they come at RB1, I'm not sold on Henry, but considering the talent/ depth you got at WR, I think he'll be a solid RB2 for you with some good flyers in Burkhead/ Michel 

WR's - definitely your point of strength. Not all that confident in Baldwin after the announcement of his injury news, but with AJ, Goodwin also on your squad, he can definitely get you high WR3/ low WR2 numbers (better if he's ever back to 100%)

TE - good late round flyer 

Also, as mentioned above, with some good waiver management, I'm sure you'll find a few good gems to help bump the team from a solid B to an A. 

Users who are viewing this thread