What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate My Team - WHIR (1 Viewer)

CKoz24

Footballguy
12 team, standard league. 2 RB, 3 WR, no flex position. I had the 6th spot.

Preparation:

Was going for high scoring teams with little change from last year was the basic mantra, with limited rookies. Unless a top 4 RB fell to me, I felt Thomas was the safest choice (snake bitten by Henry before and went at 5th spot anyway). I wanted Kelce in the 2nd and was hoping Jackson would keep his ADP in the 3rd and would hit RB hard for rounds 4-7 and try to get M.Brown in the 6th. After that, I would go for high upside players (E.Sanders, B.Cooks) and priority handcuffs (L.Murray). 

The Draft:

QB - D.Watson (6)

RB - C.Carson (3), M.Ingram (4), J.Dobbins (7), A.Mattison (8), L.Murray (9), B.Scott (12)

WR - M.Thomas (1), M.Brown (5), J.Jeudy (10), J.Jefferson (11), M.Hardman (13)

TE - T.Kelce (2)

Reflection:

As much as they say WR is deep this year, I felt it got away from me. The two options that I could have changed would have been to wait at TE and/or QB or I could have used draft spots for round 7-9 to shore it up. Mattison felt like a bit of a reach, but without many Interesting WRs and also having to reach, I felt Cook holding out made it worth the risk. Also Jacobs was available with my 2nd round pick, but felt Kelce was the better option (willing to eat crow).

In my mocks, I never went for Watson, Jeudy or Carson, but here I am. I wanted a  top 5 QB and Prescott, as well as Wilson were taken. Carson was selected over Gordon, as I heard he didn’t separate from Lindsay. Heard Jeudy is really impressing at camp and John Brown and Sanders went just ahead of him.

Going forward, I’ll be looking to trade to either improve my RBs or WRs, potentially using handcuffs as trade bait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I feel like you had a draft similar to mine. I think Jeudy will surprise you, but the end of your WR bench is shaky. Word out of Vikes camp has not been great on Jefferson so I would keep a close eye on the WW in the first two weeks in terms of some of the other breakout WRs that could have gone undrafted (Edwards in LV and Jefferson in LA are two that come to mind). For a start 1QB league you might have been a touch early on Watson, but he caused me to take him earlier than I wanted to draft a QB in my Superflex league. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/787832-12-team-superflex-from-11-spot-2qb-max/

Would be interested to hear your opinion

Hey, I feel like you had a draft similar to mine. I think Jeudy will surprise you, but the end of your WR bench is shaky. Word out of Vikes camp has not been great on Jefferson so I would keep a close eye on the WW in the first two weeks in terms of some of the other breakout WRs that could have gone undrafted (Edwards in LV and Jefferson in LA are two that come to mind). For a start 1QB league you might have been a touch early on Watson, but he caused me to take him earlier than I wanted to draft a QB in my Superflex league. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/787832-12-team-superflex-from-11-spot-2qb-max/

Would be interested to hear your opinion
I am not sure if I agree with this statement.  The Vikes don't have anything behind Thielen and Jefferson is going to get opportunities.  As a Vikes fan, the items I have been seeing have been positive on Jefferson with normal rookie learning curve items.  I think he will be fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread