What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate my Team - your opinions? (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
OK, this is for open opinions on this mock draft. It is for a standard non-ppr 12 team league 2 WR 1 flex. I know this is perhaps a few too many rookies but my thought was take enough rookie WRs to sort out who is going to be real and I always shake up the bottom 3-4 slots on my roster over the first few weeks. The Rate My Team app gave me an A- for this roster and the following:

We think you're looking good at quarterback and running back. Your squad is therefore easy for us to like despite a bit of weakness at the receiver position. But as weaknesses go, this is one is survivable. It's usually relatively easy to find fill-in guys on a weekly basis until a better player emerges during the season. As long as you stay on top of things inseason, you should be a legitimate contender.

Players we particularly like on this team (and there's a lot to like here) include Kyler Murray, Courtland Sutton, Christian Kirk, Harrison Butker, and Dameon Pierce. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they're typically being drafted.

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With good inseason management, we think you have about a 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.
With average inseason management, we think you have a 68 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Here is the roster I drafted:

QB - Murray and Fields
RB - Cook, Fournette, Pierce, Walker, Hines
WR - Sutton, Smith-Shuster, Kirk, Olave, R Moore, Pickens
TE - Pitts
TD - Rams
K - Butker

My draft is Monday night so I'm open to criticism and don't take constructive thoughts as personal.

You are really weak at WR. Solid QB, RB1 and 2, TE. Sutton could be your only good WR. I would not go in that direction. I like Kirk, and Olave, but who knows how well they do. Forego the RB2 and get a solid WR1.

I hear you. So you don't think Sutton, Smith-schuster and Kirk are a legitimate 1-3? Here is my view of them and help me out before my real draft.

Sutton is IMO emerging as the #1 Wr in DEN with Wilson now throwing the ball to him. he is the big receiver that wins jump balls and goes deep and Wilson likes that as evidenced by Metcalf. IMO he should end up being about WR #10-12 ish for the year. Yes I agree he is not top 10.

Smith-Schuster seems to have won the #1 reciever role in KC with an all world QB chucking him the ball in a high octane offense. He showed a high ceiling when he had good QB play. And he is still just 25. I guess I see him as easily Wr #15 on the year.

Kirk just signed a large contract with the jaguars. The are paying him a lot of money to be their new #1 wideout. He is also just 25 entering his prime and should be the primary target. I watched him with AZ a bit and seemed he was always the second WR on the team because they had all world Fitzgerald and then Hopkins. He is now the best option on his team. Agreed the Jags offense isn't as up tempo as some others but as my WR 3 I don't feel under gunned.

Olave, Moore and Pickens are all crap shoots to see if one bursts on the scene. if one does I have my 4 WRs. And dump the other two.

I agree that draft I went RB with picks 10 and 15 (Cook and Fournette) because I liked both more than the remaining WRs in the draft.

Anyway thanks for the response and let me know which of these I am overrating. My real draft is in about 40 hours.

I hear you. So you don't think Sutton, Smith-schuster and Kirk are a legitimate 1-3? Here is my view of them and help me out before my real draft.
I think they are fine but better as a 2-4 instead of a 1-3. They may play into it but I would have liked to have a bit better of an anchor to start.

I think they are fine but better as a 2-4 instead of a 1-3. They may play into it but I would have liked to have a bit better of an anchor to start.
Yeah that draft played out where I got RB rich and maybe OK WR. My real draft went more balanced with Chase and Sutton and Robinson as my 1-3. But RBs were weaker with Chubb, Mitchel and Dillon. But I did get Pitts there.

Users who are viewing this thread