What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce....uh oh (1 Viewer)

Hes good. Hes not Rice. Rice owners have nothing to worry about
Yeah, I have been unimpressed with what Ive seen from Pierce so far this year. I think Pierce's stock is a little below where it was pre-season, assuming Rice was currently healthy that is, and once Rice is back he will continue to get markedly more touches than Pierce. Of course Pierce's stock could bounce back this week with a nice matchup. Also, lets not overlook that BAL had 2 DEF/ST TD's last week. Without that, this was a close game and if both RBs were healthy you have to think it wouldve been even more likely for Rice to be in the game much more than Pierce late.

Im in an interesting position, as I own Rice in 1 league and dont have Pierce, and in another I only have Pierce. Of course I'll be starting Pierce in the latter for as long as Rice is out, but I also truly think he has been unimpressive and Im not worried about him once Rice is back more than I was before the season.
Pierce is a top 15 RB this week so his stock is obviously much higher than in the preseason. the fact that Rice is currently injured and Pierce was getting more carries than expected before Rice's injury have pushed his value much higher than in the preseason.

50/50 or 40/60 (Rice in 60) split in carries I'd guess when Rice comes back. Rice seems to get a lot more catches but Pierce got the goal line TD a couple weeks ago so not all goal line carries automatically go to Rice.
Not true, because Rice was already out of the game with his injury at that point.
wrong, rice got injured in fourth quarter
This is correct. We established earlier in the thread (or was it the other one?) that Pierce was getting GL carries when Rice was healthy.

Pierce is going to turn in top 10 numbers easy this week assuming Rice doesn't go again. Powell looked like Barry Sanders out there vs. them last Sunday.

Hes good. Hes not Rice. Rice owners have nothing to worry about
Yeah, I have been unimpressed with what Ive seen from Pierce so far this year. I think Pierce's stock is a little below where it was pre-season, assuming Rice was currently healthy that is, and once Rice is back he will continue to get markedly more touches than Pierce. Of course Pierce's stock could bounce back this week with a nice matchup. Also, lets not overlook that BAL had 2 DEF/ST TD's last week. Without that, this was a close game and if both RBs were healthy you have to think it wouldve been even more likely for Rice to be in the game much more than Pierce late.

Im in an interesting position, as I own Rice in 1 league and dont have Pierce, and in another I only have Pierce. Of course I'll be starting Pierce in the latter for as long as Rice is out, but I also truly think he has been unimpressive and Im not worried about him once Rice is back more than I was before the season.
Pierce is a top 15 RB this week so his stock is obviously much higher than in the preseason. the fact that Rice is currently injured and Pierce was getting more carries than expected before Rice's injury have pushed his value much higher than in the preseason.
No #### Rice's injury has pushed up Pierce's current value above what it was in the preseason, but as I said in my post I dont think its any higher than it was in the pre-season assuming if Rice were currently healthy. Small sample size, but I dont think he was getting more carries than expected before Rice got hurt, he was getting just that - the carries that everyone expected that made him drafted as a one of the first backups/2nd fiddle RBBC players to be picked.

Rice is practicing. We shall see if he plays this week and how many touches he gets if so. Next week is really the week to see how the timeshare continues though.

Reports are Rice was close to playing last week. If he's practices fully all week, I could see this upcoming game against BUF as a regular workload/intended splits between the two backs. Enough so that I'd probably bench Pierce for the likes of a MJD/Bilal Powell level RB (for the sake of discussion) to see how it plays out , whereas I'd start probably Rice over those level backs this week (particularly PPR).

So Rice > Mid level backs > Pierce for week 4.

If Rice weren't playing, Pierce would probably rank as a top 10-12 RB play this week.

Reports are Rice was close to playing last week. If he's practices fully all week, I could see this upcoming game against BUF as a regular workload/intended splits between the two backs. Enough so that I'd probably bench Pierce for the likes of a MJD/Bilal Powell level RB (for the sake of discussion) to see how it plays out , whereas I'd start probably Rice over those level backs this week (particularly PPR).

So Rice > Mid level backs > Pierce for week 4.

If Rice weren't playing, Pierce would probably rank as a top 10-12 RB play this week.
Rice had a limited practice today. If he has a full practice by Friday, Im thinking what you are saying is correct.

Rice is like a better Tili barber. Somehow completely underrated year after year and then puts up top 5 numbers.

If you don't own rice now would be a good time to see if you can't steal him.
Huh? His ADP is consistently in the top 5.
it was actually 6 this year and people here were reluctantly taking him at 1.09.he was the #4 rb last year in ppr and people act like he finished out of the top 10.
Okay, but obviously we don't know where he's going to finish the season. According to MFL, he was #2 last season, #3 in 2011, and #4 in 2010. How on earth is that "completely underrated year after year".
you are proving my point.Where was his adp every year....lower than his finish.

Not sure if English is your second language so ill keep my snarky comments to myself.
:lmao:

Clearly numbers aren't your strong suit because he finished lower than his adp 2 out of the last 3 years, clown.
Pretty much a lock for 3 out of 4 finishing lower than his adp- underrated! :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread