What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ray Rice week 3 starter? (1 Viewer)

jfranky

Footballguy
I noticed that Ray Rice is ranked number 22 on the week 3 cheatsheet, above the likes of LJ, LT, Ronnie Brown, and Lendale White. Am I missing something?

Baltimore homers, I need your input.

Beat writer Mike Preston guesses that Ray Rice will start in the Ravens' three-man committee this week.

Analysis: Preston believes that Rice could be Baltimore's feature back of the future, but also says that among the three (also Willis McGahee), only LeRon McClain is built to be a 25-30 carry runner. The Ravens are going to run it a lot going forward and the plan is to let all three guys "complement" each other.

The Ravens ran 40+ times against Cincy and they've said they'll work McGahee in - which means he's not the primary ballcarrier this week.

My best guess, assuming 40 carries:

Ray Rice 18

McClain 10

McGahee 12

uggg what a mess, was looking forward to willis in camerons offense this year. No clue who to start, still having a hard time buying that mclain and rice are going to get more carries than a healthy willis.

Im glad I have TJones and Bush, but im 0-2 despite being 2nd in the league in pts (and 2nd in pts each week), this situation is really frustrating me that much more

Yes, if I knew I had a healthy McGahee who would get 20 carries a game, it would make my WDIS decision harder, but knowing something like that allows me to make a trade

Seeing as how he was my 3rd round pick, this is starting to piss me off a little. I guess well see how they distribute the carries tomorrow, but I dont like (and dont understand) why you dont give Willis at least 60% of the carries (assuming hes 100% or close to it)

I dont think anyone wants him right now, but if he busts out tomorrow, WHAT DO YOU TRADE HIM FOR???

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyU said:
Beat writer Mike Preston guesses that Ray Rice will start in the Ravens' three-man committee this week.

Analysis: Preston believes that Rice could be Baltimore's feature back of the future, but also says that among the three (also Willis McGahee), only LeRon McClain is built to be a 25-30 carry runner. The Ravens are going to run it a lot going forward and the plan is to let all three guys "complement" each other.
I don't get that. Did he watch Rice in college at all? I would agree more if Rice was one of those quick, skinny scat backs, but he's not.

Im glad I have TJones and Bush, but im 0-2 despite being 2nd in the league in pts (and 2nd in pts each week), this situation is really frustrating me that much moreYes, if I knew I had a healthy McGahee who would get 20 carries a game, it would make my WDIS decision harder, but knowing something like that allows me to make a tradeSeeing as how he was my 3rd round pick, this is starting to piss me off a little. I guess well see how they distribute the carries tomorrow, but I dont like (and dont understand) why you dont give Willis at least 60% of the carries (assuming hes 100% or close to it)I dont think anyone wants him right now, but if he busts out tomorrow, WHAT DO YOU TRADE HIM FOR???
Dude, WAY too much info...

Im glad I have TJones and Bush, but im 0-2 despite being 2nd in the league in pts (and 2nd in pts each week), this situation is really frustrating me that much moreYes, if I knew I had a healthy McGahee who would get 20 carries a game, it would make my WDIS decision harder, but knowing something like that allows me to make a tradeSeeing as how he was my 3rd round pick, this is starting to piss me off a little. I guess well see how they distribute the carries tomorrow, but I dont like (and dont understand) why you dont give Willis at least 60% of the carries (assuming hes 100% or close to it)I dont think anyone wants him right now, but if he busts out tomorrow, WHAT DO YOU TRADE HIM FOR???
Details win fantasy football leagues buddy, I thought you knew that. :lmao:

Details win fantasy football leagues buddy, I thought you knew that. ;)
IT = INFO RECOGNIZE

JohnnyU said:

I don't get that. Did he watch Rice in college at all? I would agree more if Rice was one of those quick, skinny scat backs, but he's not.
I'm thinking that maybe Willis has been a 25 carry guy too.

Users who are viewing this thread