What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Brian Robinson Jr. - WAS (1 Viewer)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Brian Robinson "has a realistic chance of returning in Week 5."​

Robinson was shot multiple times in an attempted robbery near the end of training camp. Washington coach Ron Rivera recently said the swelling in Robinson's knee has gone down "an awful lot" and Robinson is now off his crutches. It's an incredible turnaround from what could have been a tragedy. A Week 5 return would see Robinson face the Titans in his NFL debut.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 11, 2022, 9:02 AM ET

Commanders RB Brian Robinson (lower body) was doing side work at practice Wednesday.​

Robinson, recovering from surgery after being shot twice in the lower body in late August, takes another step closer to returning to the team with some light side work this week. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported last week that Robinson has a "realistic" chance of playing in Week 5 against Tennessee. He should be rostered in most 12-team leagues after a training camp in which he established himself as the primary early-down back. Until his return, Antonio Gibson -- who saw 14 of the team's 17 rushing attempts in Week 1 -- should be a useful RB2 option.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com
Sep 14, 2022, 12:40 PM ET

So does that injury list count as IR or is it like PUP?
IR
My probl‘em is ESPN won’t put the “IR” next to his name so he’s not eligible for IR in my league despite not being able to play four weeks. Frustrating.
He’s sitting in an IR spot on my espn league.

Maybe your league settings are different.
I thought I had the same issue....but did you find the "Manage I.R." tab on the top right of one your pages? I was able to toss this joker in there.

I stashed Robinson on IR week 1. Not even sure I can roster him when he comes off and not sure what to expect.

Robinson should get most of the carries once he's fully back. It may be a slow 1-2 weeks as he works back in, but Antonio Gibson is a horrible RB. He's an elite athlete, but a horrible RB. By week 7 they will be using Robinson as much as possible. Problem is, behind that OL it's probably max 70 yards per game and a TD every 3 games.

I stashed Robinson on IR week 1. Not even sure I can roster him when he comes off and not sure what to expect.
I drafted him and put him immediately on IR. The other day I was thinking about who I would have to drop when he came off IR, and then, lucky me, Javonte blew his knee out.

Obviously you can't start him the first game back. We'll have to see how he gets integrated into the offense. I imagine best case it will take a couple weeks before he's trustable as a starter. Let's not forget the guys is a) a rookie and b) coming off a really traumatic injury

I drafted him and put him immediately on IR. The other day I was thinking about who I would have to drop when he came off IR, and then, lucky me, Javonte blew his knee out.

Obviously you can't start him the first game back. We'll have to see how he gets integrated into the offense. I imagine best case it will take a couple weeks before he's trustable as a starter. Let's not forget the guys is a) a rookie and b) coming off a really traumatic injury

Is the second part accurate? I don't know much about his injury other than he got out of the hospital very quickly. Because of that, it is hard to think it was "really traumatic".

Is the second part accurate? I don't know much about his injury other than he got out of the hospital very quickly. Because of that, it is hard to think it was "really traumatic".
Oh, I meant emotionally traumatic. Like you, I don't know the physical specifics. Maybe that was the wrong word. I mostly just meant it's not like he's coming off a suspension a la Hopkins

I probably will start him over Pollard and hope he finds the EZ.

One thing in Robinson's favor will be the emotional factor - EVERYBODY will be pulling for him since what happened to him was so awful. I think his teammates would run through a brick wall for him. It reminds me of Tedy Bruschi's love fest when he came back after his stroke.

TN...29th worst defense overall and almost 5 ypc
@ Chicago...Over 5 yds a clip

GB...decent defense but again give up 5 ypc
@ IND. Good run defense, tough match up
MIN...Bottom 10 defense and 4.6 ypc
@ PHI...5 yds a clip not kidding
@ Hou...26th worst Defense overall, 5 ypc
ATL...28th Overall defense
@NYG...Another pretty soft run defense

:popcorn:

Ready to see this guy run
Spoiler alert: not faster than a speeding bullet
FYI...
Riggins(1st), Stephen Davis(4th), Alfred Morris(5th), 3 of the Top 5all time leading rushers in Washington team history.
i don't consider any of them fast, sometimes it's not about speed but the ability and vision to find the holes that aren't always drawn up in the playbook.
You might have missed his point, but you bring up a good one yourself.

How much does Gibson keep him from? Seem's Gibson has been held back due to Washington's O sucking with Wince.

FYI...
Riggins(1st), Stephen Davis(4th), Alfred Morris(5th), 3 of the Top 5all time leading rushers in Washington team history.
i don't consider any of them fast, sometimes it's not about speed but the ability and vision to find the holes that aren't always drawn up in the playbook.
Awesome, let's discuss and thanks for opening the conversation up.
He wasn't rated high coming out of college but I watched him play often and thought he handled things well. I know he was not the most talented RB that has passed thru Alabama and it took him a long time to be the starting RB but a byproduct if that is perhaps a smarter RB. Damien Harris is not the fastest of guys but he plays RB very well and I'm going to regret exchanging him for Stevenson, the Green Bay game really opened my eyes to some of the many things he does that don't involve his 40 time.

One of my favorite all time RBs was Chris Johnson, raw speed. Portis was similar when he was at Denver. I understand the importance of speed and what it can do to create explosive plays.
I also think there are other RBs that excel by using a combination of other skills to overcome their lack of being the fastest guy on the field all the time.

I think I might have missed it but I thought it was insinuating that BRob won't be very exciting and I have a more optimistic approach. There is a pretty decent passing game with 3 WRs that help spread defenses out. I think he might have more holes to scamper thru than many realize right now. The team is already 1-3, going to feel like a reboot for them on offense and what they were building around during camp.

Or I'll just come in here and post "I was wrong" and move on ;)
I agree that he sin't fast but I hope he can benefit from passes to WRs that fall short of the end zone and need a little push to make them a TD.
35 catches his Senior Year, that's pretty good for a RB, he might be useful in the passing game.
I like that many think he is the auto starter when he suits up, that's hard to find right now.

Lot of reasons have me optimistic right now

Something is going to have to change for Carson to be a threat here, he has looked BAD more often than not. I wonder if teams load up to stop the run and "dare" Wentz (Wince so far) to pass the ball hoping for more INTs?

I have Robinson and hope he turns this O around with his play, but in his absense a pretty good Gibson wasn't able to.

Something is going to have to change for Carson to be a threat here, he has looked BAD more often than not. I wonder if teams load up to stop the run and "dare" Wentz (Wince so far) to pass the ball hoping for more INTs?

I have Robinson and hope he turns this O around with his play, but in his absense a pretty good Gibson wasn't able to.
Thing is that teams have not had to and have been getting pressure with just a 4 man rush

Commanders coach Ron Rivera said RB Brian Robinson (leg/NFI) has "a very good chance" to play in Week 5.​

“I’m optimistic about it just in listening to everything I’ve heard. It’s very promising," Rivera told reporters. This is assuming that Robinson comes back in practice and doesn't have any setbacks, but it sounds like he has a chance to be activated in the first week of this three-week window to practice and return. Robinson does not have to be listed on the injury report, so monitoring reports on his actual practice performance and participation will be on the line this week. He'd be hard to rely on right away as more than a FLEX player, but there's obvious upside and he should be on the FAAB short list.
SOURCE: Alabama.com
Oct 4, 2022, 2:37 PM ET

FYI...
Awesome, let's discuss and thanks for opening the conversation up.
He wasn't rated high coming out of college but I watched him play often and thought he handled things well. I know he was not the most talented RB that has passed thru Alabama and it took him a long time to be the starting RB but a byproduct if that is perhaps a smarter RB. Damien Harris is not the fastest of guys but he plays RB very well and I'm going to regret exchanging him for Stevenson, the Green Bay game really opened my eyes to some of the many things he does that don't involve his 40 time.

One of my favorite all time RBs was Chris Johnson, raw speed. Portis was similar when he was at Denver. I understand the importance of speed and what it can do to create explosive plays.
I also think there are other RBs that excel by using a combination of other skills to overcome their lack of being the fastest guy on the field all the time.

I think I might have missed it but I thought it was insinuating that BRob won't be very exciting and I have a more optimistic approach. There is a pretty decent passing game with 3 WRs that help spread defenses out. I think he might have more holes to scamper thru than many realize right now. The team is already 1-3, going to feel like a reboot for them on offense and what they were building around during camp.

Or I'll just come in here and post "I was wrong" and move on ;)
I agree that he sin't fast but I hope he can benefit from passes to WRs that fall short of the end zone and need a little push to make them a TD.
35 catches his Senior Year, that's pretty good for a RB, he might be useful in the passing game.
I like that many think he is the auto starter when he suits up, that's hard to find right now.

Lot of reasons have me optimistic right now
I think the speeding bullet reference had to do with him getting shot.

As far as him as a RB he is one of my favorites in this class. He looks like a guy who can get you the tough yardage, protect your QB, catch the football, and he is a heck of a runner IMO. No, he does not possess blazing speed. He does seem to have very quick feet for a big man though and has those subtle moves that will allow him to gain extra yardage. Chubb has that type of skill set (albeit on another level with more long speed). Rivera will love this kid. Once he is in the game he will not like taking him out for the current options they have on the roster. He seems like a well rounded running back who a coach will be able to rely. Of course he is a rookie so there is that, but if preseason was an indication of things the coaching staff wants him on the field.

I think Robinson is going to take over this backfield. I mean, the team is 1-3 and desperate for a win...seems they would want to see what this kid can do. And Gibson's shares have gone down every week

FYI...
MoP reread his comment.
@Statorama @King of the Jungle @TripleThreat

:lmao:

I was thinking Superman, I see where I fell thru the bottom of the floor here.
That's OK, I can help myself up, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread