What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (1 Viewer)

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports D'Andre Swift will start for Detroit in Week 10 against Washington. 

Pelissero noted that Detroit has used a mixed backfield to this point but stated Swift "leads the way today." That doesn't guarantee that Adrian Peterson is an afterthought in this offense but it does sound like Swift will be in for a larger role than usual. Swift peaked at 14 carries in Week 6 and only has two games of more than ten carries on the year. His floor is slightly higher on the back of this news but he remains an RB2. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Nov 15, 2020, 12:22 PM ET

DeAndre Swift rushed 16 times for 81 yards in the Lions' Week 10 win over Washington, adding five receptions for 61 yards and a touchdown. 

Adrian Peterson saw a mere four carries and Kerryon Johnson had one rush in the Detroit win. It seems the team is finally ready to embrace the rookie as their lead back after wasting a month pretending Peterson was the answer to their problems. Swift made something out of nothing on a few inside carries in the second half as the Lions milked the clock with a lead. His touchdown was a determined run after the catch that ended with Swift bulldozing a defender for the score. Fantasy players who stayed patient with Swift in September and October were rewarded handsomely in Week 10. The reward could continue for the rest of the season. He'll be a fringe RB1 in Week 11 against a terrible Panthers run defense. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
D'ANDRE SWIFT'S BIG DAY

Excerpt:

It turns out you should maybe give touches to your stud second-round running back. As the Lions let Adrian Peterson brickwall while the passing game struggled, D’Andre Swift gathered dust in a change-of-pace role, a fate undoubtedly influenced by his drop of a walk-off touchdown in Week 1. 

When a mysterious Week 6 Peterson MRI opened the door to more work against the Jaguars, Swift responded by turning 14 carries into 116 yards and two scores. Even that wasn’t enough to force coach Matt Patricia’s hand, with Swift handling a non-trivial but still inadequate 22 touches over the next two weeks. 

Finally, Week 9 arrived with Swift going 13/64 on the ground on 3/33 through the air. That was the warmup for yesterday, where Swift tagged the Football Team’s solid defense for 16/81 as a rusher and 5/68/1 as a receiver. Peterson handled only four carries as the Lions held on for a critical win. 

Averaging 4.7 yards per carry and 8.9 yards per catch in an offense that is anything but well oiled, we are seeing why Swift was attractive with the No. 35 overall pick. “Sudden” through the hole, Swift looks a gear faster than your average running back. Like Peterson in his prime, Swift is capable of both rugged running and blinding acceleration. He is a sophisticated runner at the first level of the defense. 

A plus pass catcher, Swift has all the tools for long-term success. Thankfully, it is translating to immediate success in an offense that is finally giving him a chance. Already an every-week RB2, Swift is rapidly pushing for RB1 treatment in a dire fantasy year for the running back position.

Nice to see this for Swift investors and believers. Still think Kansas City made a huge mistake in the first. Sometimes it's best not to buck traditional wisdom so much. Dude was a number one talent before the combine and then ran a 4.48. Sometimes 2+2=4, folks.

Nice to see this for Swift investors and believers. Still think Kansas City made a huge mistake in the first. Sometimes it's best not to buck traditional wisdom so much. Dude was a number one talent before the combine and then ran a 4.48. Sometimes 2+2=4, folks.
Sometimes. When there aren't negative numbers involved. Which they were and still are here.

In case more confirmation was needed he has taken over.

@davebirkett

16h

Fantasy GMs: Didn't catch the words initially, but Lions OC Darrell Bevell on talking w/Adrian Peterson about what role he/D'Andre Swift played vs. WFT: "It was important for us to talk to Adrian & understand the role that they’re going to play from now on." Note the last 3 words

I was surprised there was so much contention who was the most talented RB coming out (regardless of situation). I thought Swift was the clear #1, but CEH going to KC threw a wrench into things.

Yes, I believe KC screwed up, but as far as FF,  can't bury CEH yet.

Price check on Swift in PPR dynasty?
I think the window to buy from informed owners has closed, sans godfather offers. I think he’s a top 5 RB and a 1st round startup pick. The list of guys I’d trade him for right now is really short: CMC, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Kamara.

FWIW, his November DLF ADP was RB10, 21 overall. That was prior to Sunday, however.

Price check on Swift in PPR dynasty?
I was offered Jacobs and Aaron Jones for Swift and J. Taylor a few days ago and turned it down. Very close in my eyes, but I still believe Taylor can turn it around. If Jones was resigning with the Packers it may have pushed me to do it.

I was surprised there was so much contention who was the most talented RB coming out (regardless of situation). I thought Swift was the clear #1, but CEH going to KC threw a wrench into things.

Yes, I believe KC screwed up, but as far as FF,  can't bury CEH yet.
I agree.  All I had to do was go watch the youtube highlights of all of the rookie RBs play and it was immediately clear which one stood out above the rest, imo.

Taylor also looked awful to me in those videos, fwiw.

I was wrong about CEH though.  I thought he was much better than this.

Rotoworld take:

D'Andre Swift is in the league's concussion protocol and could miss Week 11 against the Panthers. 

Swift, who practiced fully on Wednesday, didn't practice Thursday. No one is sure when Swift suffered the concussion, but it puts him in serious doubt to play this week in a superb matchup against Carolina. Swift seized the team's workhorse role and racked up 142 yards and a touchdown last week against Washington. Kerryon Johnson and Adrian Peterson would probably split the backfield workload against the Panthers if Swift in inactive. 

RELATED: 

Kerryon Johnson

, Adrian Peterson

SOURCE: Detroit Free Press 

Nov 19, 2020, 3:47 PM ET

Crap - hope this doesn’t derail any momentum he had going and allows AP and/or Kerryon to form a committee with him going forward.

ETA: he may also be at risk at missing the Thanksgiving Day game as well

I would pick up K Johnson as a stash.  Week 13 is Carolina/TB bye.  Chances are someone will need a RB that week in a desparation playoff run.

Crap - hope this doesn’t derail any momentum he had going and allows AP and/or Kerryon to form a committee with him going forward.

ETA: he may also be at risk at missing the Thanksgiving Day game as well
Zero worries on your first concern, that ship sailed, missing next Thursday is however a legit worry.

Seems weird we haven't heard anything about how he got it.  Wouldn't surprise me if Patricia has them hitting in practice when they shouldn't be. 
It’s gotta be something like that.  Rare but when guys fall at home or something and are injured you usually hear that as the explanation, but Lions aren’t saying anything.

Detroit Free Press:

“It's unclear when Swift suffered his injury. He was a full participant in practice Wednesday and held a post-practice video conference with reporters.”

Full contact Wednesday practice with your just named starting RB would be peak Patricia too.

Link to DFP story quoted above.

I would put Kerryon Johnson in a dark room, shine a bright spotlight on him, and ask “where were you on the night of November 18??”
Right?!    It looks like the Lions found a great RB though.  FF owners will be ticked this week but RoS leaks bright.  Swift looks like a top ten RB.  

I would put Kerryon Johnson in a dark room, shine a bright spotlight on him, and ask “where were you on the night of November 18??”
Right?!    It looks like the Lions found a great RB though.  FF owners will be ticked this week but RoS leaks bright.  Swift looks like a top ten RB.  
Agreed. Hoping that the AP/KJ combo craps the bed and doesn’t give Patricia reason to play them more.

Week 11 Dynasty Risers and Fallers: D'Andre Swift has arrived

Excerpt:

RISER: RB D’ANDRE SWIFT, DETROIT LIONS

Swift was announced as the starter last week, and the Lions didn’t hesitate to give him the entirety of that role. He rushed 16 times for 81 yards while adding five receptions, 68 yards and a touchdown on five targets. Most importantly, the Detroit backups combined for five carries and one target.

If Swift strings together a few more performances like this one, his rookie campaign is going to look very similar to Miles Sanders’ debut season. Sanders’ dynasty average draft position crept into the top 10 picks by the middle of summer this year. 

Even if you don’t have an affinity for Swift as a player, sharp dynasty managers will see the way his stock is trending and buy simply based on the likelihood of his value hitting the first round by next year.

Just read that he was a limited participant in today's walk through.  

Please,  please play against the Texans.

D'Andre Swift (concussion) returned to Lions practice on Tuesday, getting in a "limited" session. 

This gives Swift a real shot at suiting up against the Texans' league-worst run defense on Thursday. There are still more hurdles to clear in the concussion protocol, but getting the practice go-ahead is the most important step. If Swift goes, he will immediately return to the mid-range RB2 mix for a glorious matchup. His status will be updated no later than Wednesday afternoon. 

Nov 24, 2020, 5:01 PM ET

D'Andre Swift (concussion) is questionable for Week 12 against the Texans.

After missing last week, Swift returned to practice Tuesday and is now looking like a game-time call on a short week. In his absence last week, Kerryon Johnson played 70% of the snaps. The hope is Swift gets the green light against Houston.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:49 PM ET

D'Andre Swift (concussion) is questionable for Week 12 against the Texans.

After missing last week, Swift returned to practice Tuesday and is now looking like a game-time call on a short week. In his absence last week, Kerryon Johnson played 70% of the snaps. The hope is Swift gets the green light against Houston.

Nov 25, 2020, 3:49 PM ET
As always, a huge thank you, Faust.  Your effort is greatly appreciated!

If Swift is a go for Thursday's game, are we trusting he will get enough volume to be start-worthy?  I am inclined to wait a week, myself.  It is not Swift I do not trust, but I do not trust Lions' HC Matt Patricia.  Unless we hear that Swift is expected to get the "Lion's share" of work at RB, I will turn to other options (and thankfully, I have other options).

If Swift is a go for Thursday's game, are we trusting he will get enough volume to be start-worthy?  I am inclined to wait a week, myself.  It is not Swift I do not trust, but I do not trust Lions' HC Matt Patricia.  Unless we hear that Swift is expected to get the "Lion's share" of work at RB, I will turn to other options (and thankfully, I have other options).
This is kind of what they were saying before the concussion. That Swift had earned the starting role and Peterson wondered why it took them so long.  So hopefully that holds true.

If Swift is cleared i am putting him in vs the Texans. I could see doubting if I was stacked at RB.  It might only take 10 touches against that defense to make it worthwhile. 

Users who are viewing this thread