What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB D’Andre Swift, CHI (2 Viewers)

So frustrating. I think a lot of us were high on the Lions offense this season not because of Hard Knocks but because they arguably have the best offensive line in the league.

I'll raise a toast to a speedy recovery across the board. 🥂

Amen to that. Swift went from interesting to my target list because of the highly rated oline. I'll meet your toast and raise you a prayer!

C Frank Ragnow is out, but should be OK there bc Evan Brown is very capable.

Bigger concern is LG Jonah Jackson (finger.) If he can’t go that’s a problem, RG Logan Stenberg struggled last week and they might have to start a guy who has been on the team less than two weeks at LG.

They could also slide Penei over to G and start Matt Nelson at RT - Sewell took reps all along the line this summer for this kind of thing.

Decker (LT, calf) is good to go.

Jacksonville averaged almost 7 yards per carry last week against Washington. There is no way to predict how bad an injury is but if he's active he will be a big part of the game plan imo.

Just saw on the crawl that Swift has 4 carries to 10 for Jamaal.

Anyone watching care to chime on on this split?

C Frank Ragnow is out, but should be OK there bc Evan Brown is very capable.

Bigger concern is LG Jonah Jackson (finger.) If he can’t go that’s a problem, RG Logan Stenberg struggled last week and they might have to start a guy who has been on the team less than two weeks at LG.

They could also slide Penei over to G and start Matt Nelson at RT - Sewell took reps all along the line this summer for this kind of thing.

Decker (LT, calf) is good to go.

Skip! Skip! Skip! Skip!

If you watched Hard Knocks he was one of the final cuts. Teared up. He’s been six different teams, third stint with the Lions. He only has one accrued season (takes 6 g in the same season to get credit), had never started a game before today.

At 6’9” (teams website says 6’10”) he’s the tallest player to ever start a game at guard. Hasn’t played it since preseason 2018, before that his freshman year of college. One sack early, fine after that, absolute road grader in the run game.

Campbell sent him out to the podium as the first player post game. Said he’s on his 20th NFL contract. As a practice squad call up, he makes $15,400 per week ($277.2K.) If they sign him to the 53 man he jumps up to $825K.

Played a helluva game today.

Swift made the jump. He’s been good since his rookie year. He’s on another level now. Stays healthy, he can be an all pro.

heads up - practice report will come out later but MCDC said they'll probably give Swift the day off. he went to weight training and the offensive install walk through but per usual they'll manage his load during the week.
Swift feeling better this week

Running back D’Andre Swift is not expected to practice, although that’s more precautionary than anything else. Swift has been battling ankle pain since the opener and got in just one partial day of practice last week, but still accounted for 87 yards on just seven touches against Washington and scored on a 22-yard touchdown catch where he initially fell to the seat of his pants.

Swift is feeling better this week, but Detroit is opting for rest instead of practice on Wednesday.

“(He’s) certainly better than he was this time last week,” Campbell said.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports D'Andre Swift (ankle) is expected to play in Week 3 against the Vikings.​

Pelissero noted we should see a larger role for Swift this week after the home-run-hitter touched the ball just seven times in Week 2. Swift was dealing with the ankle issue in that game as well. The team leaned on Jamaal Williams, giving the vet 13 touches. Swift has been arguably the most efficient runner in the league through two weeks. On his normal share of the carries, he is a weekly RB1.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 25, 2022, 9:21 AM ET

Leading candidate for bust of the year relative to ADP. Even if he misses a few weeks, I don’t think the coaching staff will trust him with a heavy workload when he returns. Can’t always rely on big splash plays every week.

Leading candidate for bust of the year relative to ADP. Even if he misses a few weeks, I don’t think the coaching staff will trust him with a heavy workload when he returns. Can’t always rely on big splash plays every week.
Looking that way. Gambled on him twice at the 12 spot as I thought he would be a Kamara type back with a very good OL. Felt pretty good about it week 1. Amazing talent but yeah, will have to have big plays for consistent points. Unlike Kamara, doesn't get the short TD carries.

Looking that way. Gambled on him twice at the 12 spot as I thought he would be a Kamara type back with a very good OL. Felt pretty good about it week 1. Amazing talent but yeah, will have to have big plays for consistent points. Unlike Kamara, doesn't get the short TD carries.
Imagine your 1st 2 picks being Swift and Kamara. No wonder I am 0-3.

If I knew nothing about the season and just read the last 3 posts I'd think this guy must have been terrible and not the RB5 in PPR PPG.

Won't last. Fresh body week 1, hurt (predictably) during/afterwards, fluky production in week 2's pitch count, looked hobbled week 3, and now we ride the see-saw rest of the way (again). There was a comment made yesterday that his position coach (Wilbert Montgomery maybe) had a talk with him about finding a way to play through these dings... then he went and added a shoulder to the ankle.

If I knew nothing about the season and just read the last 3 posts I'd think this guy must have been terrible and not the RB5 in PPR PPG.
He's great when he's on the field. But has been active the last two games with 12 total carries and now is going to miss time.

Yeah, people that drafted him early are concerned. But we knew his history when we drafted him and were still willing to take the chance because he is an amazing talent.

Users who are viewing this thread