What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Deon Jackson, CLE (1 Viewer)

I think the answer right now is 'we don't know'.

If recency bias is in play, there's little reason to worry about Moss arriving via trade...however, I'm cautiously keeping in mind how NFL GM's generally value draft capital. Zack Moss was a highly touted prospect coming out of college, a Day 2/3rd Round draft pick (by a former regime, if I'm not mistaken)...throw out what's going on in 2022, and over his 1st 2 Seasons has scored 10 TD's (8/2), and while he's no Nyheim Hines, has some receiving chops of his own. Heck, throw in 2022 - with the limited touches he's received, he's aquitted himself well enough (17/91/5.4ypr, 7/27 on 8 targets). Sure, Deon Jackson is a nice story, but is still an undrafted street free agent. Although his production may have played a role in the Hines trade, I think it's just as likely that after the Ryan experiment failed, the Colts are already looking ahead to 2023 and didn't view Hines as a critical piece of the rebuild after he didn't exactly step up in Taylor's absence, and they got what they could before having to release him for nothing in the offseason. If I'm Ballard/Reich, don't I want to see what I have with my new addition, who's only competition to back up my premier RB is Jackson/Lindsey? Can he be in the 2023 plan? What's to say Moss can't thrive in a more conventional scheme, behind an upper-tier O-Line that excels at run blocking?

Putting recency bias to work again, I think Deon Jackson immediately got at least a little more expensive after the trade, but might not match cost with ROI, if the Colts decide they want to see what they have in Moss, and in a much different (more conventional) situation, Moss delivers. I think many folks are viewing Moss as an afterthought 'throw in' on this Hines deal, when actually trading Hines created a deficiency at backup RB that Moss was acquired to help fill. He's going to get a look, because right now Colts fans are probably saying 'Huh, we only got a late-round 23 Draft Pick for Hines?', and it would look great for Ballard if they got a competent replacement RB2 out of what's probably being regarded by the same fans as a throw-in.

Even with a modest increase in price, Jackson is probably reasonably priced, but Moss can be acquired for pennies. IMHO, if one has the bench depth, why not?

I think the answer right now is 'we don't know'.

If recency bias is in play, there's little reason to worry about Moss arriving via trade...however, I'm cautiously keeping in mind how NFL GM's generally value draft capital. Zack Moss was a highly touted prospect coming out of college, a Day 2/3rd Round draft pick (by a former regime, if I'm not mistaken)...throw out what's going on in 2022, and over his 1st 2 Seasons has scored 10 TD's (8/2), and while he's no Nyheim Hines, has some receiving chops of his own. Heck, throw in 2022 - with the limited touches he's received, he's aquitted himself well enough (17/91/5.4ypr, 7/27 on 8 targets). Sure, Deon Jackson is a nice story, but is still an undrafted street free agent. Although his production may have played a role in the Hines trade, I think it's just as likely that after the Ryan experiment failed, the Colts are already looking ahead to 2023 and didn't view Hines as a critical piece of the rebuild after he didn't exactly step up in Taylor's absence, and they got what they could before having to release him for nothing in the offseason. If I'm Ballard/Reich, don't I want to see what I have with my new addition, who's only competition to back up my premier RB is Jackson/Lindsey? Can he be in the 2023 plan? What's to say Moss can't thrive in a more conventional scheme, behind an upper-tier O-Line that excels at run blocking?

Putting recency bias to work again, I think Deon Jackson immediately got at least a little more expensive after the trade, but might not match cost with ROI, if the Colts decide they want to see what they have in Moss, and in a much different (more conventional) situation, Moss delivers. I think many folks are viewing Moss as an afterthought 'throw in' on this Hines deal, when actually trading Hines created a deficiency at backup RB that Moss was acquired to help fill. He's going to get a look, because right now Colts fans are probably saying 'Huh, we only got a late-round 23 Draft Pick for Hines?', and it would look great for Ballard if they got a competent replacement RB2 out of what's probably being regarded by the same fans as a throw-in.

Even with a modest increase in price, Jackson is probably reasonably priced, but Moss can be acquired for pennies. IMHO, if one has the bench depth, why not?
Excellent Analysis! Thanks!

However, I only have room for one on my bench, so I took Jackson as he's currently #2 behind Taylor and has shown good skills and ROI with the opportunities he has been given so far.

I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility that the Colts enter full tank mode at some point and find a way to sit JT from that point forward.

Jackson would potentially be pretty valuable if that happened.

He worked out well for me in Week 6, but dropped him and don't have room for him..... unless I drop B. Cooks:ponder:
I’d do that if you’d play Deon in the event of Taylor sitting.
It would be to keep from another team as I don't think I'd start him over Stevenson, Foreman or Swift. I'm hoarding too many RB's as it is with Cordarelle and Kyren about to come of IR.

Fantasy Football Sleepers, Week 9: Deon Jackson, you're needed once again

RB Deon Jackson at New England

Jackson might be the last back standing for the Colts, given that Nyheim Hines has been traded and Jonathan Taylor has a lingering ankle injury. The Patriots haven’t given up a lot of aggregate rushing production, but they’ve been gashed per-snap — they rank 27th in run-defense DVOA. And it’s not like you have to take Jackson as a full-speculation play; he had 91 total yards in Week 5, and 121 total yards and a touchdown (and 10 juicy receptions) in Week 6.

I tried to add Neon Deon everywhere I could and came up empty. But you can still act in some pools; he’s 31 percent rostered in Yahoo.

I hate this matchup too much to start him.

I also think people are writing off Zack Moss a little too quickly. Deon has been terrible rushing the ball so far this season. Maybe some of that has to do with getting short yardage carries but it should give everyone at least a little reason to pump the breaks a bit.

I also think people are writing off Zack Moss a little too quickly. Deon has been terrible rushing the ball so far this season. Maybe some of that has to do with getting short yardage carries but it should give everyone at least a little reason to pump the breaks a bit.
6 teams on a bye this week. All able bodies are in. Especially starting RBs.

As it should be, but if you have some options, any options, I would consider them strongly.

In PPR he may be a decent option, but in the two games he saw the majority of action the Colts threw the ball a combined 99 times. Matt Ryan was the QB, I doubt Ehlinger even approaches a third of that number this week.

I imagine BB will load up the box or play shallow zones to force Sam to make good decisions. Wish Deon was going against almost any team other than the Pats. I picked him up to keep him away from my opponent this week who happens to be the JT owner. Gotta decide between Deon's volume or Pacheco's potential

Gentlemen, start your engines!​

This could be a big week for Deon but do we think he can do much with what should be a good amount of touches?
Good question, i think the volume seduces you. 2nd week for Sam taking 1st team reps in practice, Week 2 of the preseason sorta speak, he might improve his game which would help.

Foreman seems to be producing with the volume, I feel this is similar.

I tried to grab Jackson when I saw some news but somebody in my leagues snagged him abut 5 minutes prior...I would have had to make a cut but when you have a chance at the Indy starting RB, you take the shot.

Picked up Deon yesterday, don't have JT. Rachaad White comes off waivers tomorrow - who would you rather have on the bench ROS? (I dropped White by accident meaning to drop Alec Pierce for Rondale - fat finger mistake). Currently have Mixon, Pierce and Mostert on the roster.

Foreman seems to be producing with the volume, I feel this is similar.
I think that is a questionable comp. Forman was an all world athlete consensus All-American and Doak Walker award winner. He had an unfortunate injury and it took years to get back from. Personally I think he would have flashed what he can do sooner but never got an opportunity, but once he did he consistently demonstrated himself to be a starting caliber RB in this league.

Jackson, an UDFA, wasn't a particularly impressive runner in college, he never carried the load and, despite being #3 in rush attempts in 2020 at Duke, he finished at #10 in rushing yardage...in the ACC not all college football. Players grow, they mature and they break out but there are a lot of red flags where Jackson is concerned.

Debating whether to drop BRob for him in a 0.5PPR league. Assuming Conner is out, there’sa good chance I will have to start whichever one I choose between Jackson and Robinson

Colts coach Frank Reich told reporters that this is a week for RB Deon Jackson to "be the guy."​

Zack Moss apparently may not be ready to play on Sunday, leaving the Colts with little backfield depth. They will likely activate Phillip Lindsay, Jordan Wilkins, or both backs off the practice squad. Jackson will have volume on his side and, as we've said in a few blurbs here, will probably be a worthy FLEX play against the Patriots in what projects as a low-scoring affair.
SOURCE: Joel A. Erickson on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 1:36 PM ET

Listen guys, don't put too much into all my doom'n'gloom here. Opportunities are opportunities and they shouldn't be ignored.

Besides, crazier things have happened than Indy winning in New England this week.

Colts coach Frank Reich told reporters that this is a week for RB Deon Jackson to "be the guy."​

Zack Moss apparently may not be ready to play on Sunday, leaving the Colts with little backfield depth. They will likely activate Phillip Lindsay, Jordan Wilkins, or both backs off the practice squad. Jackson will have volume on his side and, as we've said in a few blurbs here, will probably be a worthy FLEX play against the Patriots in what projects as a low-scoring affair.
SOURCE: Joel A. Erickson on Twitter
Nov 4, 2022, 1:36 PM ET
Looks like I am flexing Deon Jackson this week. Worked out really well last time.

Listen guys, don't put too much into all my doom'n'gloom here. Opportunities are opportunities and they shouldn't be ignored.

Besides, crazier things have happened than Indy winning in New England this week.
Not expecting Indy to win. Just figuring they're going to get at least 250 yards and that has to come from somewhere.

Picked up Deon yesterday, don't have JT. Rachaad White comes off waivers tomorrow - who would you rather have on the bench ROS? (I dropped White by accident meaning to drop Alec Pierce for Rondale - fat finger mistake). Currently have Mixon, Pierce and Mostert on the roster.
Deon.

Debating whether to drop BRob for him in a 0.5PPR league. Assuming Conner is out, there’sa good chance I will have to start whichever one I choose between Jackson and Robinson
Decided to go for it. Ultimately came down to the fact that Deon has the backfield to himself, whereas Robinson increasingly looks like he's going to end up on the losing end of a timeshare

Yep. Chubb and Pollard for me

Hoping Jackson gets some catches and maybe a td against a tough run D

I think I read earlier this wk that Indy fired their O coord so not sure what we will see

I think I read earlier this wk that Indy fired their O coord so not sure what we will see
I would hope with a young QB we get a heavy dose of running and short passes.

Pointless. Riech is the play caller. He should have fired himself

So......that was a wasted start. Not sure if I should read into this since it was the NEP defense or if this is what we can expect going forward.

So......that was a wasted start. Not sure if I should read into this since it was the NEP defense or if this is what we can expect going forward.
He's a drop. With freakin Ehlinger at QB they will never score in double digits. I made the horrible mistake of starting him knowing it would be a disaster. I feel sorry for anyone that has Jonathan taylor. I wouldn't start him either when he's healthy.

He's a drop. With freakin Ehlinger at QB they will never score in double digits. I made the horrible mistake of starting him knowing it would be a disaster. I feel sorry for anyone that has Jonathan taylor. I wouldn't start him either when he's healthy.
I hate to say this, but do they need to bring Ryan back? Ehlinger is simply awful.

I hate to say this, but do they need to bring Ryan back? Ehlinger is simply awful.
If they’re intentionally losing They should stick with him. If they want to win some games maybe Nick Foles can give them a spark. I don’t think it’s as bad as it showed in Chicago. That team was an absolute mess and the playcalling was God-awful

Ryan sucks but I was shocked when he was benched. That wasn't even football
Wasn't Ryan like two weeks removed from a huge game??

Deon Jackson rushed 11 times for 23 yards, adding two receptions for 13 yards on three targets in the Colts' Week 9 loss to the Patriots.

Jackson had an injury scare when he went down after a tackle and grabbed his knee. However, he quickly returned to the game. Still, the injury likely dinged his snap share a bit, contributing to Jordan Wilkins mixing in for three carries and five targets. Jackson will be a volume-based RB2 play in Week 10 if Jonathan Taylor misses another game.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Doubt JT comes back at all this year. Not sure how much volume DJack gets over Moss but this offense has to move the ball somehow. Even bad offenses get 150-200 yards.

I'm rolling with him next week against vegas (will be at the game) because of byes. Raiders D is not very good.

Ryan sucks but I was shocked when he was benched. That wasn't even football
Wasn't Ryan like two weeks removed from a huge game??
They benched Ryan to avoid paying him something like $17 million guaranteed if he hit certain play time incentives. Or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread