What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Elijah Mitchell, SF (1 Viewer)

killface said:
There is value here whatever the outcome.   If Sermon takes over at some point then you have his backup for when he gets hurt.  

I went high on my FAAB too (about 35%) only because i drafted mostet/sermon as a combo.  Now that combo is sermon/mitchell

i have store wilson on my IR just in case
35 is high???

Haha he went for 81-100 in all my leagues.

Maybe but he is out of nowhere and it's week 1.  All big risks.  Plus a convoluted backfield.  I had sermon so I think it's worth it for me but i understand why others didn't
Ya i know the risks.  I missed out on him everywhere and now hope he sucks and hope all of your above risks come true. 

But when the pro FFPC leagues average 75%, and all my big money leagues were 80-100, then you got extremely lucky and your leaguemates aren't really with it.  Congrats though, that's amazing you got him so cheap.  30/100 is definitely worth a potential league winner.  Even if he fails, that's fantastic value.

Ya i know the risks.  I missed out on him everywhere and now hope he sucks and hope all of your above risks come true. 

But when the pro FFPC leagues average 75%, and all my big money leagues were 80-100, then you got extremely lucky and your leaguemates aren't really with it.  Congrats though, that's amazing you got him so cheap.  30/100 is definitely worth a potential league winner.  Even if he fails, that's fantastic value.

I think the main problem with our league is we run a modified keeper league (we can keep any player as a pick two rounds earlier than what we drafted them in the previous year) and early on there are so many keepers that nobody wants to drop one just in case.  

It's an expert league.

I think the main problem with our league is we run a modified keeper league (we can keep any player as a pick two rounds earlier than what we drafted them in the previous year) and early on there are so many keepers that nobody wants to drop one just in case.  

It's an expert league.
How many roster spots?

"Speculation" and "I heard he missed curfew" are two very different things. 
The people saying this are grasping for straws and making stuff up.  They just cannot admit they had sermon ranked way too high. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Only 16

I was able to drop mostert which made the move easy for me
Ah ok.  Not to go totally off topic though but 16 roster spots seems very strange for an 'expert' league. 

Anyways, congrats on getting him so cheap... I maintain that even with those rules, spending over 30 on him is a no brainer and you fleeced your league. 

I hope it doesn't work out for you only from a selfish standpoint since I wasn't able to get him anywhere so now I'm on Team Sermon lol

Ah ok.  Not to go totally off topic though but 16 roster spots seems very strange for an 'expert' league. 

Anyways, congrats on getting him so cheap... I maintain that even with those rules, spending over 30 on him is a no brainer and you fleeced your league. 

I hope it doesn't work out for you only from a selfish standpoint since I wasn't able to get him anywhere so now I'm on Team Sermon lol

The same 10 guys, we have been in the league for 30 years this year, participate in 3 different leagues

True dynasty

Modified dynasty

Redraft

Just to get all the flavors :)

The same 10 guys, we have been in the league for 30 years this year, participate in 3 different leagues

True dynasty

Modified dynasty

Redraft

Just to get all the flavors :)
10 man league with 16 roster spots makes the 30% make a bit more sense.

Raging weasel said:
I heard he missed curfew.
Fusue Vue (used to post here as @Xue) posted this as a joke on twitter. It wasn't a real report, although it was funny to see it spread on Twitter after seeing the original.

Traded straight up for AB in one of my redraft leagues.

Seems fair to me. I would think. Mitchell, being the heir apparent to the Mostert role, should be considered comparable value (at best, at this juncture.) Raheem was drafted around the 7th in most 12 team PPRs, AB a round later.

Of course if you’re nervous if the Elijah stranglehold on the SF backfield ends Sunday with an impressive Sermon debut, we might view trades like this more favorably. YMMV

Fusue Vue (used to post here as @Xue) posted this as a joke on twitter. It wasn't a real report, although it was funny to see it spread on Twitter after seeing the original.

Oh, that's who Xue is? Funny, I unfollowed him because of obnoxious politics. Actually, it's the delivery, not the substance. I'm sure he doesn't care. In fact, I have fantasy Twitter on block now for the most part because they're not helping my team. In fact, the times I've deviated from fantasy Twitter? I've done a ton better.

Yes, I think I know more than fantasy Twitter. Come at me, bro.

Crossposted from the Sermon thread, my take (everyone's entitled to it):

Mitchell tested extraordinarily well out of college and his highlights are excellent. Him rushing for a hundred yards in a pro game and being ahead of Sermon is shocking to absolutely nobody who paid attention to the entirety of their dynasty drafts.

Look at this link. It's outstanding.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/elijah-mitchell/

Sermon being traded up for and his last three games as OSU are something to consider, too, as Trip points out. ilov pointing out his entire body of work is more than fair.

Cannon, like Dr. Octopus points out, is probably signed for special team duties.

Oh, that's who Xue is? Funny, I unfollowed him because of obnoxious politics. Actually, it's the delivery, not the substance. I'm sure he doesn't care. In fact, I have fantasy Twitter on block now for the most part because they're not helping my team. In fact, the times I've deviated from fantasy Twitter? I've done a ton better.

Yes, I think I know more than fantasy Twitter. Come at me, bro.
Pretty sure it's the same guy. When his Twitter handle was Fusue Vue (before his account was banned for trolling the rather sensitive Benjamin Allbright), he had the same unique picture as his account here. Clearly I have been paying too much attention to this...

But I'm with you on fantasy Twitter. That place is just a bunch of people in an echo chamber getting off on what they here. I only follow the entertaining ones. But I find Fusue's trolling pretty entertaining. 

Pretty sure it's the same guy. When his Twitter handle was Fusue Vue (before his account was banned for trolling the rather sensitive Benjamin Allbright), he had the same unique picture as his account here. Clearly I have been paying too much attention to this...

But I'm with you on fantasy Twitter. That place is just a bunch of people in an echo chamber getting off on what they here. I only follow the entertaining ones. But I find Fusue's trolling pretty entertaining. 
Thanks for the information. I am certainly not made for the internet. I love fun in life; love sarcasm; love the absurd, especially; a healthy helping of disbelief; etc., but I loathe internet trolling. It's a tough enough communication medium without it, never mind with it. Goodbye, Fusue. I don't miss you at all.

I've found zero evidence that Sermon missed curfew as a cause of his being inactive last Sunday. It's simply not true. 

Seems risky for players to bid so high for a guy that Sermon might replace sooner than later.
No risk…no reward.  I got for $42 / $100 FAAB. There were 3 other bids in the $30’s.  My only other decent RB’s are Chubb and Miles Sanders, so felt the need to take a risk.

Seems risky for players to bid so high for a guy that Sermon might replace sooner than later.
Sure, 80-100 is risky.  But I'm saying 35 is not a 'high' bid for Elijah this week.  Say what you want about his value, but 35 is easily on the lower end of most bids.

Sure, 80-100 is risky.  But I'm saying 35 is not a 'high' bid for Elijah this week.  Say what you want about his value, but 35 is easily on the lower end of most bids.
I was surprised to get him for 37 of 100. Now to see what role he has??

Wow, that is ridiculous. I wonder how he's going to feel about that later in the year?
I mean, two years from now is a long long time in real life, and especially in dynasty lol so much changes week to week that there's not a great way of evaluating.

I'd trade away assets two seasons from now for a potential league winner at RB, even if it doesn't work out, there's odds my 1st round pick in rookie drafts don't work out

How are people feeling about Kadarius Toney? lol 

I got Mitchell in my dynasty league for a song (a few bucks in open free agency since he wasn't picked up in our three-round rookie draft).  I think I would probably be looking to move him, but this league has an interesting rule where we have to start a rookie.  My only other rookies are Trey Lance and Rondale Moore, so I'm hoping Mitchell can put up decent stats until Lance (hopefully) takes over as the starter.  But riding the SF RB train definitely makes me nervous.

I got Mitchell in my dynasty league for a song (a few bucks in open free agency since he wasn't picked up in our three-round rookie draft).  I think I would probably be looking to move him, but this league has an interesting rule where we have to start a rookie.  My only other rookies are Trey Lance and Rondale Moore, so I'm hoping Mitchell can put up decent stats until Lance (hopefully) takes over as the starter.  But riding the SF RB train definitely makes me nervous.
Weird rule but I kind of like it. Probably makes the draft more interesting. 

It makes draft picks (and rookie QBs) a lot more valuable even though we can only keep players for four years.  Also results in more year-to-year standings turnover than I've experienced in my redraft league (one cycle of selling one-year players for future picks and landing a top draft pick can turn an entire franchise around).

We all like the rule, although I wish it didn't apply to kickers (actually, I wish kickers for fantasy wasn't a thing at all).

Users who are viewing this thread