What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Godwin Igwebuike DET (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Didn't see a thread. Desperation has forced me to start him this week. Not expecting anything but what the heck. 

Heres his latest blurb from rotowire. 

"Taking on key role this week

December 10, 2021

Igwebuike, Jermar Jefferson and practice-squad player Craig Reynolds appear to be the Lions' three backfield options for Sunday's game in Denver, Justin Rogers of The Detroit News reports.

ANALYSIS

D'Andre Swift (shoulder) has been ruled out and Jamaal Williams was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Friday. Last week, Igwebuike got most of the passing-down work in a 29-27 win over the Vikings, though his 39 percent snap share led to only two carries and two targets, while Williams took 17 carries for 71 yards (on 47 percent snap share) and Jefferson got five carries and one target on 11 percent of snaps. That arguably hints at Jefferson being the lead runner Sunday while Igwebuike gets most of the passing snaps, but it's hard to know for sure, with potential complicating factors including Reynolds coming up from the practice squad and Jefferson's bout with an illness this week (he missed practice Wednesday and Thursday but returned to full participation Friday and was cleared from the final report)."

WRT Jefferson v Igwebuike, I can appreciate why people think Jemar is the one to own. He was a draft pick (7th round) some people have heard of him. Doubtful anyone remembers Godwin from Northwestern, XFL, or the 5 NFL rosters / practice squads he’s been on.

As a safety.

Igwebuike has been a running back for less than 6 months.  

Couple tree things…

• He’s been active every game bc of his ST role and has only seen offensive snaps the last 5 G, same as Jefferson. 3 of those 5 either Williams or Swift were out.

• Jefferson scored on a 28 yarder @ PIT but was hurt on the play; Igwebuike later scored from 42 in that same game, the longest Lions rushing TD since Barry Sabeers.

• Last week he outsnapped JJ 28-8. Neither was utilized much but Godwin ran 24 routes, Jamaal 9, JJ 0. He is THE pass catching back.

• Although the perception has been JJ is next man up, from Week 1 onward the teams website has had him in front of JJ (probably meaningless but still.)

• Anthony Lynn noticed during ball carrier drills during OTAs he was very elusive and had great balance. He played RB in high school but didn’t even expect to be anything other than the teams Kick Returner & occasional Dime back. Campbell asked him to convert to offense 2 weeks before training camp.

• Igwebuike is an excellent athlete, most of his measurables are 85th-94th percentile. 4.44, 19 reps, 10’8” jump, 35.5” vertical, 4.12 shuttle, 6.56 3-come (elite in the latter.) Quicker, more explosive, and better long speed than JJ.

• Tiny sample but 11 of his 46 snaps (23.9%) lined up as slot or outside. Compare that to Swift (12.5%) Williams (5.0%) Jefferson (0.0% in 24 snaps.)

Detroit is probably gonna get creamed tomorrow, but the expected game script may favor him with Hockenson out.  

Last edited by a moderator:
WRT Jefferson v Igwebuike, I can appreciate why people think Jemar is the one to own. He was a draft pick (7th round) some people have heard of him. Doubtful anyone remembers Godwin from Northwestern, XFL, or the 5 NFL rosters / practice squads he’s been on.

As a safety.

Igwebuike has been a running back for less than 6 months.  

Couple tree things…

• He’s been active every game bc of his ST role and has only seen offensive snaps the last 5 G, same as Jefferson. 3 of those 5 either Williams or Swift were out.

• Jefferson scored on a 28 yarder @ PIT but was hurt on her play; Igwebuike later scored from 42 in that same game, the longest Lions rushing TD since Barry Sabeers.

• Last week he outsnapped JJ 28-8. Neither was utilized much but Godwin ran 24 routes, Jamaal 9, JJ 0. He is the pas catching back.

• Although the perception has been JJ is next man up, from Week 1 onward the teams website has had him in front of JJ (probably meaningless but still.)

• Anthony Lynn noticed during ball carrier drills during OTAs he was very elusive and had great balance. He played RB in high school but didn’t even expect to be anything other than the teams Kick Returner & occasional Dime back. Campbell asked him to convert to offense 2 weeks before training camp.

• Igwebuike is an excellent athlete, most of his measurabkrs are 85th-94th percentile. 4.44, 19 reps, 10’8” jump, 35.5” vertical, 4.12 shuttle, 6.56 3-come (elite in the latter.) Quicker, more explosive, and better long speed than JJ.

• Tine sample but 11 of his 46 snaps (23.9%) lined up as slot or outside. Compare that to Swift (12.5%) Williams (5.0%) Jefferson (0.0% in 24 snaps.)

Detroit is probably gonna get creamed tomorrow, but the expected game script may favor him with Hockenson out.  
I want to start this guy. Down to him or Jeff Wilson.

Picked him up where I could, probably going to need to emergency start in one league with Pollard likely out.

Would say he seems kind of broken on the five second primer, my top suggestion in that league above is to pick him up as a free agent, but it then additionally lists him again as on my roster, projected at zero (edit - this now appears resolved)

With talk of Swift being out for more than this week, he seems like the guy to own for value beyond today.

I like his story, Jefferson is going to get the first look and be the banger and goal line (if any) work. Iggy likely passing down back, maybe spell Jefferson here and there.

We shall see. Not much evidence to support that view but none of us knows for sure.

If Williams is back next week and swift is out, I think that hurts Jefferson’s usage but not Iggy’s as the passing down back.  On this team that’s almost every down.

Other than snaps, routes run, alignment/usage, every single athletic measurable, and the official depth chart of the first 14 weeks, you’re absolutely right.
I see...yes, Iggy got run when Jefferson was hurt..so check the box for snaps if you want to..  Athletic measurable...well I would counter that one is a safety and the other a running back so I would call that a push at best.  Depth chart right now shows Jefferson and then Iggy...

I think you could tell two stories here: 1 - when swift went down, Jefferson was the first off the bench and scored an impressive long TD against Steelers (who hasn't?), and hurt his ankle. Iggy then came in and did the same (again, who hasn't?). Iggy got run when Jefferson was out and did nothing. Jefferson is now healthy and will resume his role. OR 2 - Even though Jefferson came in for swift ahead of Iggy, when Iggy came in he did well (so would I against the Steelers) and has supplanted the rookie on the depth chart.

I appreciate all of your posts and knowledge. I will admit that both are a craps shoot and we do not know who, if either, will provide value.

Good luck today!

I see...yes, Iggy got run when Jefferson was hurt..so check the box for snaps if you want to..  Athletic measurable...well I would counter that one is a safety and the other a running back so I would call that a push at best.  Depth chart right now shows Jefferson and then Iggy...

I think you could tell two stories here: 1 - when swift went down, Jefferson was the first off the bench and scored an impressive long TD against Steelers (who hasn't?), and hurt his ankle. Iggy then came in and did the same (again, who hasn't?). Iggy got run when Jefferson was out and did nothing. Jefferson is now healthy and will resume his role. OR 2 - Even though Jefferson came in for swift ahead of Iggy, when Iggy came in he did well (so would I against the Steelers) and has supplanted the rookie on the depth chart.

I appreciate all of your posts and knowledge. I will admit that both are a craps shoot and we do not know who, if either, will provide value.

Good luck today!
Listen man, I’m trying to talk myself into starting Igwebuike.

I genuinely do think there are quite a few more clues/signs pointing to Godwin & feel like most experts recommending JJ got it wrong. But wow, they are so freaking undermanned today - 10 guys still have the flu, 7 Covid list, 3 out with injuries (incl their 2 best playmakers), third stringers at C & RB, EDGE & TE starters are both UDFAs, best DB is out.

Probably be a 50/50 split with neither being Top 24. But Swift, Pollard, Carter & McKissic out I am just making a desperation call.

YOLO

I genuinely do think there are quite a few more clues/signs pointing to Godwin & feel like most experts recommending JJ got it wrong. But wow, they are so freaking undermanned today - 10 guys still have the flu, 7 Covid list, 3 out with injuries (incl their 2 best playmakers), third stringers at C & RB, EDGE & TE starters are both UDFAs, best DB is out.

Probably be a 50/50 split with neither being Top 24. But Swift, Pollard, Carter & McKissic out I am just making a desperation call.

YOLO
I’m doing it in a critical dynasty matchup. Jamaal out Godwin going in over Gabriel Davis, Josh Reynolds and a couple of other WRs. Just hope for 5-6 catches, maybe breaks off a chunk play or two and a dose of carries. 

fingers crossed 

Davis is the only one I might change. Against TB, could be a shoot out 

I’m doing it in a critical dynasty matchup. Jamaal out Godwin going in over Gabriel Davis, Josh Reynolds and a couple of other WRs. Just hope for 5-6 catches, maybe breaks off a chunk play or two and a dose of carries. 

fingers crossed 

Davis is the only one I might change. Against TB, could be a shoot out 
Godwin over Cooks w/ Sutton sitting 

or 

Igwebuike over Sutton w/ Cooks sitting

it’s pretty much meaningless tbh; gonna win and finish 4th or lose and finish 5th, then play the same manager again Week 15 in the playoffs

Godwin over Cooks w/ Sutton sitting 

or 

Igwebuike over Sutton w/ Cooks sitting

it’s pretty much meaningless tbh; gonna win and finish 4th or lose and finish 5th, then play the same manager again Week 15 in the playoffs

Now that DET is into their RB depth (on top of a lost season)... FFN guys are speculating that Craig Reynolds may get 10-12 touches today.

Now that DET is into their RB depth (on top of a lost season)... FFN guys are speculating that Craig Reynolds may get 10-12 touches today.
he’ll return kicks

doubt he gets more than 1-2 touches 

everybody just throwing spaghetti on the wall to see if it sticks 

IMHO

YOLO
Gotcha..I have both and need to start one. I will admit, in this situation I have been wrong every time. Maybe I will do you a favor and start Jefferson

Gotcha..I have both and need to start one. I will admit, in this situation I have been wrong every time. Maybe I will do you a favor and start Jefferson

Yeah that ESPN crew seems bullish on Reynolds.  
He was their leading rusher in 2 G preseason. In the faux dress rehearsal (which wasn’t much of an indicator this year compared to the past) he got 1 touch and JJ/Iggy were 50-50.

Gonna leave Cooks in for the 1pm  :X  & then flip a coin between Sutton & Iggy

Courtland hasn’t done jack the last 6 G, but if ever there was a scenario to trust him…

OTOH it’s kind of fin starting either JJ or Igwebuike 

I waffled and decided Mattison was going to do nothing last minute and sat him Thurs.

I look at anything over 2.7 points as a gravy. I’m rooting on this guy and starting him. My other choices are really bad.

I don’t think I’ve watched a single minute of non-game air time on that channel in 8-9 years
Amen

I have no clue what is muttered on that TV from about 11am-1pm, just a lot of horse jargon. 

On a side note, Clarissa Thompson on a TD-Cut in Highlight said that "Matt Ryan handed off to Hayden Hurst for the Falcons TD" and of course he actually threw a pass to his TE, incredible what is said thru that television and I typically like to play music on Sunday with the games on so I can avoid hearing this nonsense. 

I don’t think I’ve watched a single minute of non-game air time on that channel in 8-9 years

never had the app, don’t play in leagues that are hosted there, don’t read their content unless it’s accidental 
Their website regularly makes my browser crash

Their website regularly makes my browser crash
I remember being at a networking event maybe 10 years ago & met this guy who, as it turned out, worked in Bristol.

”What do you do for them?” I asked

Oh I designed that little window that automatically plays highlights 

“The one that blasts out of my speakers AT WORK & I can’t figure out where it’s coming from bc you have to scroll down? You realize that’s the most unpopular & stupidest thing about the site?”

Honestly, the words came flying out of my mouth. Like I was listening to myself. I felt so bad, poor ******* just stood there staring at his shoes.

”Welp, here’s my card.”

After watching the first drive I have realized that this team is just trash.  Nothing to see here.

Oh well. That's why it was a desperation play. 
welp

so much for all that eh

Kind of crazy how pretty often Detroit has schemed guys to be successful even though everyone in the building knows they’re gonna run

Swift/ Williams - no surprise 

Igwebuike/Jefferson in spots the last month or so, Reynolds today - wow OK

Good O line of course (in spite of injuries) but gotta believe some of it is their blocking scheme / play calling 

Users who are viewing this thread