What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Godwin Igwebuike DET (1 Viewer)

Well I might have survived this one by the skin of my teeth after playing him over 3 WRs that all got around 10 points. 3 teams vying for last 2  playoff spots, double headers, looks like one guy went 2-0 with 2 matches against bottom feeders, I’ll be going 1-1 and as long as Kyler Murray/Conner don’t have absolute #### shows, the third guy will be going 1-1 as well, meaning I’m in as I’ve scored like multiple 100s of points more than both these teams across the season and that’s the tie breaker. 

Lesson well and truly learned 

I gotta hand it to Mike Clay (FFN)... he said Reynolds would be good for 10-12 touches and thought he would impress.
Didn’t Shefter say he was starting Reynolds?

It makes sense, as Jermar was banged up an Iggy is a Safety who hasn’t carried the ball much.

Anybody who started Iggy can :ptts:   as far as I am concerned….

Well I might have survived this one by the skin of my teeth after playing him over 3 WRs that all got around 10 points. 3 teams vying for last 2  playoff spots, double headers, looks like one guy went 2-0 with 2 matches against bottom feeders, I’ll be going 1-1 and as long as Kyler Murray/Conner don’t have absolute #### shows, the third guy will be going 1-1 as well, meaning I’m in as I’ve scored like multiple 100s of points more than both these teams across the season and that’s the tie breaker. 

Lesson well and truly learned 

Didn't start him but was almost as disappointed with Sutton (thought if there was one game who could end his slump....) Whatever, still had high score of the week, 5th straight win, on to the playoffs.

I hate all these whiny “I didn’t make playoffs bc this guy suxors.” (Not you @TartanLion - just a general about all the little girls posting in TSP.) Dude, you didn’t make the playoffs bc your team wasn’t good enough. Doesn’t come down to one player - almost every week you have to overcome someone having an off week. It’s like someone crying “Dang, I’m out of the tournament bc I got rivered” while ignoring the 3 times they sucked out on 5th street with the worst hand.

Man up. 

Didn't start him but was almost as disappointed with Sutton (thought if there was one game who could end his slump....) Whatever, still had high score of the week, 5th straight win, on to the playoffs.

I hate all these whiny “I didn’t make playoffs bc this guy suxors.” (Not you @TartanLion - just a general about all the little girls posting in TSP.) Dude, you didn’t make the playoffs bc your team wasn’t good enough. Doesn’t come down to one player - almost every week you have to overcome someone having an off week. It’s like someone crying “Dang, I’m out of the tournament bc I got rivered” while ignoring the 3 times they sucked out on 5th street with the worst hand.

Man up. 
The dude didn’t hurt my team, but you have to admit the hype wasn’t warranted it seems.  I’m not saying that because of this one game either.  There is a lot at play when it comes to the Lions and most of it isn’t good for fantasy.

The dude didn’t hurt my team, but you have to admit the hype wasn’t warranted it seems.  I’m not saying that because of this one game either.  There is a lot at play when it comes to the Lions and most of it isn’t good for fantasy.
Absolutely. Obviously outside of Hock & Swift (when healthy) we shouldn’t be using any of them.

What if we had hyped up Reynolds instead? Still a meh Flex option. Meanwhile Penny sitting on most WW, or nabbed for free.

Neat hobby eh.

Absolutely. Obviously outside of Hock & Swift (when healthy) we shouldn’t be using any of them.

What if we had hyped up Reynolds instead? Still a meh Flex option. Meanwhile Penny sitting on most WW, or nabbed for free.

Neat hobby eh.
Didn’t you do most of the hyping?

Didn’t you do most of the hyping?
Indeed

I also had a lot of post with caveats about the risk and at least a couple “I’m really just trying to convince myself.” In the end, I wasn’t convinced.

I’m not Svengali, anyone starting Iggy is responsible for their own decision. Anyone reading those posts knew (or should have known) it was a desperation play. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I made it pretty clear in the first post that I was desperate and expected nothing. I got what I expected unfortunately 😜

Indeed

I also had a lot of post with caveats about the risk and at least a couple “I’m really just trying to convince myself.” In the end, I wasn’t convinced.

I’m not Svengali, anyone starting Iggy is responsible for their own decision. Anyone reading those posts knew (or should have known) it was a desperation play. 
Hey, you miss 100% of the shots that you don't take.

Iggy was the wrong call, Jefferson was the wrong call...but they were exactly desperation plays.  Losing Keenan Allen and Jamaal Williams to covid in about an hour, replacing them with crowder and either of the two DET garbage RB's almost cost me...at least I have Higbee going tonight!!!

Hey, you miss 100% of the shots that you don't take.

Iggy was the wrong call, Jefferson was the wrong call...but they were exactly desperation plays.  Losing Keenan Allen and Jamaal Williams to covid in about an hour, replacing them with crowder and either of the two DET garbage RB's almost cost me...at least I have Higbee going tonight!!!
I have 5 who were declared out yesterday, 4 RBs + Hock. Thankfully played Freiermuth TNF but I was def in desperation mode for my Flex. Basically my only choices here Herbert, Sutton & Ogwebuike…or 10 other scrubs on the wire (incl Penny.)

Ironically, had the high score of the week, 188.xx. Taysom, Najee, Davante, Jevonte, CLE, et al. We all need a little luck in this hobby.

@Insein

So…..you gonna start the ****OFFICIAL Craig Reynolds, RB ####zriwn/Detroit Lion**** thread this week or should I?

:lmao:

(but guys guys this is different…PFF graded him the #1 RB in the NFL Week 14)

I kid, I kid

Thought he was going on IR?
Oh, that’s right! The smartest man on Twitter scooped everyone, didn’t he? If Schefter Tweets, then it must be so.

I am dubious. But ya know, what? I’m just a pudgy guy in Brooklyn and he gets paid bazillions and has connections and sometimes he’s right. Go with the pro, kid.

I wrote at length on this in the Swift thread if anyone cares.

Oh, that’s right! The smartest man on Twitter scooped everyone, didn’t he? If Schefter Tweets, then it must be so.

I am dubious. But ya know, what? I’m just a pudgy guy in Brooklyn and he gets paid bazillions and has connections and sometimes he’s right. Go with the pro, kid.

I wrote at length on this in the Swift thread if anyone cares.
Not that I would play any Lions RB if Swift doesn’t play except Willams out of necessity. I hope Swift does go on IR since I don’t have him, but also hope he will be OK after week 17.  Might not even do that if Carter is back.

Not that I would play any Lions RB if Swift doesn’t play except Willams out of necessity. I hope Swift does go on IR since I don’t have him, but also hope he will be OK after week 17.  Might not even do that if Carter is back.
I’ve got four out rn (Carter + McKissic + Pollard + Swift & oh yeah Hock too)

Would be nice if D’Andre could go this week or next but chances are I’ll be fine. Two or three of the other guys might suit up & current starters are Najee & Javonte so not desperate just yet.

WRT real life football and what my favorite team may or may not do…if it’s a medical decision then that’s that. But if he can go…here’s the thing, this is my thought process. You just have to understand the ethos of Detroit, Campbell’s mindset, the overarching plan, and what these games mean.

Most (vast majority, seemingly) think “dafuq is the debate? lost year, shut him down.” But that’s the mind of an athlete. That’s not what a competitor wants. It runs counter to everything DC is about and has been preaching since Day One.

To the casual, these four games mean nothing. But this is Year Zero in a complete rebuild. Not everyone on the roster is gonna be around for Y3 or Y4. But for the guys who will be here year 2, 3, 4, 5…these guys do mean a lot. Anyone can play hard, fast & loose when the going is good. But that doesn’t prove anything about your mettle. When you grind it out when all you are playing for is pride, love of the game, and for the teammate next to you, that takes a speciak kind of player. 

They’re evaluating who they want around, who are the foundational pieces, who are the time players. But they’re also evaluating is ego is the son of a ##### who has my back no matter what? It’s not just about measurables and talent.

I think Swift plays 3 or 4 more games, if he is medically able. For sure I could be wrong. But IMHO I get what they’re about, maybe more than most. Maybe I’m just fooling myself, but immodestly, I have a lot of life experience behind that belief.

I survived! The almost TD almost fumble play he had was a lot of fun!

WHO IS STARTING IGWEBUIKE THIS WEEK?!?!?!%*€?!!

not Detroit

The PFF highest graded RB for Week 14 is probably on your wire…
With the bottom feeder non playoff teams banned from my waiver wire, I may get a chance to swap out Iggy to get Reynolds. Even if Swift is back I think CR will make for good playoff insurance.

With the bottom feeder non playoff teams banned from my waiver wire, I may get a chance to swap out Iggy to get Reynolds. Even if Swift is back I think CR will make for good playoff insurance.

I was able to swap Iggy for Netflix, but not starting him.

Taysom QB
Adams-Lamb-Cooks WR
Najee-Javonte RB
Freiermuth FL
Bateman W/R/T Flex

That leaves me with Carter-McKIssic-Pollard-Swift + Hock on the bench (all 5 were out last week) - might plug one of them in pending practice reports.

Reynolds is the 19th man on the roster. If Carter is active this week (likely) then I have to drop Reynolds to get him off IR & onto the active roster....but I won't do that move until at least Saturday. If nothing else I have blocked Reynolds from anyone who needs another option (bazillion PLAYERS on Covid lists league wide so who knows, maybe i will need him.)

Users who are viewing this thread