What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Isiah Pacheco, KC (2 Viewers)

Wonder why his stats were so meh but seems like another good value pick by KC

Waldman says terrible offensive line at Rutgers. Said that criticisms of Pacheco's game could possibly be linked to that. I'm sure some of it is on the runner, too, but just repeating what he wrote. 

Waldman says terrible offensive line at Rutgers. Said that criticisms of Pacheco's game could possibly be linked to that. I'm sure some of it is on the runner, too, but just repeating what he wrote. 
The Rutgers o-line is often overwhelmed by the size of the defensive line in most of the B1G matchups. I’m local so watched a few games - I think he’s a good runner and have taken him twice in the fifth round now, but obviously I’d be surprised if he’s on my roster all season. 

Took him in the sixth of a draft and feel the same way Dr. Octopus does. Be surprised if he's there all season, but I also hold RoJo and wanted to see if I could score part of KC's backfield. Doesn't mean they're done signing guys or that Helaire is going away. Just putting myself in position with a dart throw. Plus, I said in the combine thread that I'd remember him and his story (even before KC picked him) if it came around to me, and shootin' sure it did, so I picked him. 

Took him in the sixth of a draft and feel the same way Dr. Octopus does. Be surprised if he's there all season, but I also hold RoJo and wanted to see if I could score part of KC's backfield. Doesn't mean they're done signing guys or that Helaire is going away. Just putting myself in position with a dart throw. Plus, I said in the combine thread that I'd remember him and his story (even before KC picked him) if it came around to me, and shootin' sure it did, so I picked him. 
With the way guys like Derek Williams and Derrick Gore were able to be productive with carries in that offense, this guy with his size and speed should be able to do what guys like that can at least, but we’ll see. Gore is still there I believe and Williams may be at some point since he hasn’t signed anywhere I don’t think. 

For my dynasty leagues I hate to say I was not on this guy at all this year but at this point he's starting to feel like this years Elijah Mitchell. Late round super fast RB who ends up being their teams main RB.

Now if I remember correctly, because it was only a few snaps, but I believe Mostert started in week one last year but got hurt within a few plays. In other words Elijah probably needed an injury to at least go from secondary part of a RBBC to feature back work. Pacheco probably needs same thing to have a shot at that kind of workload but way things are starting to look like he's putting himself in position to benefit from an injury and maybe even carve out a usable role even when everyone is healthy.

I would kindly prefer fewer posts on this kid... I want his name to remain out of threads until after August 15 draft.

We did initial Rookie Draft in May ... now we do final 2 rounds, Rookies & FA..... Allen Lazard is also available so there is that conundrum.
My fall backs are Kennedy Brooks Phil RB & Kyren Willams LAR RB. late prospects...

Yeah, apparently a camp darling right now. I have exactly zero shares of him, unfortunately. :(

Yep been climbing boards everywhere. I just took him in a rookie draft and have been getting him in the the puppy best balls over the last few days. And I took him pretty late in an Footballguys PC draft last week.

Snagged him during post rookie draft fcfs wave and enjoying this but trying hard to keep expectations very low.

Waldman was saying interesting things about him many months ago on his pod.

He doesn't seem as explosive as you would expect for a 220lb back running a 4.37. When I first watched him I though he looked like Adrian Peterson. The more I watched, I came away unimpressed. The Chief's UDFA Jerrion Ealy is more interesting to me.

He runs like he is trying to escape a burning building. Good but not elite speed, doesn’t look very shifty, and for a good size back he doesn’t seem to run over people. Not sure what to make of him really. Has some speed and gets to the hole quickly but not sure how far that will take him.

One of the better deep sleepers/lottery ticket RBs IMO. The KC offense and the competition (or lack thereof) in front of him are both big positives.

One of the better deep sleepers/lottery ticket RBs IMO. The KC offense and the competition (or lack thereof) in front of him are both big positives.
Possibly, but the same things were said about CEH a few years ago - minus the 1st round draft capital. Of course, you can get Pacheco for a fraction of the price that CEH went for back then.

He runs like he is trying to escape a burning building. Good but not elite speed, doesn’t look very shifty, and for a good size back he doesn’t seem to run over people. Not sure what to make of him really. Has some speed and gets to the hole quickly but not sure how far that will take him.
wut

40 TIME: 4.37 SECONDS

:oldunsure:

That seems pretty elite.

These forums are on? The forums are on!

Interested to see what this guy can do. As somebody noted, he's likely a performance decision or an injury away, but the lead backs aren't models of efficiency nor health.

wut

That seems pretty elite.
Through my eyes his game speed did not match his timed speed.

wut

That seems pretty elite.
Call me crazy, but imma go with his combine instrument-measured speed over your eyes.

These forums are on? The forums are on!

Interested to see what this guy can do. As somebody noted, he's likely a performance decision or an injury away, but the lead backs aren't models of efficiency nor health.
On the Twitter a beat writer left him off of the 1st “unofficial depth chart”. For whatever that’s worth.

MMQB's Albert Breer said seventh-round rookie RB Isiah Pacheco has been "lighting up" Chiefs camp and compared him to Kareem Hunt.​

Coach Andy Reid has even come away impressed with Pacheco, saying "he's got a little juice, got some good speed." Pacheco was a four-year contributor at Rutgers and blazed a 4.37 forty at the Combine at 5'11/215. However, his explosive measurements were lacking and he didn't make many big plays in college. Kansas City's backfield is sort of wide open, with Clyde Edwards-Helaire constantly injured and lacking big-play production, Ronald Jones on a one-year deal after not getting playing time in Tampa Bay, and Jerick McKinnon back after an impressive playoff stretch. It wouldn't be crazy to see Pacheco carve out an offensive role. The preseason will be huge for him.

SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Aug 3, 2022, 6:31 PM ET

NFL Network's James Palmer reports that seventh-round RB Isiah Pacheco "had some run with the 1s again" in Sunday's training camp practice.​

The Pacheco Express has picked up steam this week with Clyde Edwards-Helaire always getting the first rep, but Pacheco more or less splitting time with Ronald Jones. He's planted himself firmly on the fantasy football radar this week. Preseason work will be revealing, and it shouldn't surprise anyone if he has a role in this backfield right away.
SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter
Aug 7, 2022, 4:27 PM ET

Chiefs seventh-round RB Isiah Pacheco is running routes from the slot in training camp.​

“He’s got a little juice,” coach Andy Reid said of Pacheco. “The things you’re guaranteed of are that he’s going to run hard. Will he have to learn the different schemes and how they work against certain defenses and at times be patient? He’ll learn that. But he’s going to run hard. He’s a good catcher. The rest of all that, we can work with, and he’s doing that now. He’s learning the feel of it.” Pacheco has run with the first-team offense during a training camp that has seen him catch coaches' and beat writers' attention. Pacheco, a four-year contributor at Rutgers who turned heads with a 4.37 forty at the Combine at 5'11/215, should secure a spot on the Chiefs' final 53-player roster because he profiles as the team's top kick returner. Pacheco's emergence could put Ronald Jones' and Jerick McKinnon's roster spots in jeopardy.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Aug 8, 2022, 10:22 AM ET

wut

That seems pretty elite.
Call me crazy, but imma go with his combine instrument-measured speed over your eyes.
To each their own, seems like everyone had a fast time this year. Maybe just a fast class. If he is a 4.3 guy it will show quickly on kick returns.

Darwin Thompson 2.0?

Pretty tough not to take a dart throw in various formats with this guy right now. But on the other hand, maybe Thompson is a good comp.

Somebody else made an interesting point that if Pacheco really is worth this hype and makes the team, etc., it would actually probably be good news for CEH.

Darwin Thompson 2.0?

Pretty tough not to take a dart throw in various formats with this guy right now. But on the other hand, maybe Thompson is a good comp.

Somebody else made an interesting point that if Pacheco really is worth this hype and makes the team, etc., it would actually probably be good news for CEH.
Thompson was tiny. Pacheco has his speed at 215 pounds - that’s a pretty significant difference between the two.

Darwin Thompson 2.0?

This is where I'm at.

I got caught up in the Darwin hype a few years back. Burnt my 1st round rookie pick. Spent some 8th/9th round redraft picks on him. Obviously didn't work out very well.

I'm of course interested in a running back that could be had late who has an opportunity for touches in the KC backfield. But, it'll be a lot less of an investment than the Thompson situation.

Darwin Thompson 2.0?

This is where I'm at.

I got caught up in the Darwin hype a few years back. Burnt my 1st round rookie pick. Spent some 8th/9th round redraft picks on him. Obviously didn't work out very well.

I'm of course interested in a running back that could be had late who has an opportunity for touches in the KC backfield. But, it'll be a lot less of an investment than the Thompson situation.
He’s much more interesting in dynasty, and as a last round pick at that.

With McKinnon’s age, RoJo’s 1-year contract and CEH underachieving/injuries, one can see a fairly clear path to future relevance.

For 2022 it’s all about ST. But yesterday’s reporting that he’s been running routes as a receiver should pique everyone’s interest.

Not to the point of overdrafting him in redraft, but as a back of the roster lottery ticket, one could do worse.

TL/DR, I’m happy to have him in dynasty, but wouldn’t overpay for him in redraft.

The regular season can't get here soon enough.

Why is it hard to believe this guy has a chance?

He’s a player and currently behind a bunch of under-achievers.
There is always a chance. My statement is directed towards more of where we will be at come opening week and not just the Pacheco stories, but there is a lot of fluff out there that won't have much bearing on reality come week 1. Of course in dynasty you have to look down the road and Pacheco could very well be in play at some point.

The regular season can't get here soon enough.

Why is it hard to believe this guy has a chance?

He’s a player and currently behind a bunch of under-achievers.
There is always a chance. My statement is directed towards more of where we will be at come opening week and not just the Pacheco stories, but there is a lot of fluff out there that won't have much bearing on reality come week 1. Of course in dynasty you have to look down the road and Pacheco could very well be in play at some point.

I’ve said from the beginning that as a 7th rounder the guy is a long shot but CEH has not shown any ability to break tackles at this level and doesn’t have the speed to make up for it, Ronald Jones has grossly underachieved and has now had 2 different HC give up on him and McKinnon has shown no ability to stay healthy.
Sometimes people that are paying attention to the “fluff” can come out ahead when the chips fall and a guy breaks out - and we are all wondering how we didn’t see it coming.

Users who are viewing this thread