What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, LAC (1 Viewer)

All things considered, don't think we could have asked for a better landing spot for Dobbins. Back with Greg Roman. New HC who loves to run and has no existing ties to other RBs on the roster. No "star" back currently on the roster. And with few, if any, "star" backs in the draft, he should have a very good shot at earning touches sooner than later if he's healthy.
I agree with this, but does anyone remember that long break away run after returning from his 2022 injury? He looked like he needed a walker on that run. Practically limping midway and towards the end of the run. Then he had the torn Achilles after that. Color me skeptical of his ability now.

I agree with this, but does anyone remember that long break away run after returning from his 2022 injury?
Does anyone remember any run other than this one?
Only reason I mentioned it was that it stood out to me.
I definitely tacked the most important part of my previous post on the end in hopes of minimizing it out of existence lol. "If he's healthy" does nearly ALL the heavy lifting there. And after some of the discourse around Pollard last year, I should clarify I mean "if he's healthy" more in a sense of if he can return to around 80% of what his pre-injury talent level was. The top end speed doesn't bother me as much as fear of his lateral agility, ability to make first contact, ability to stay healthy, etc. But yeah, he really needs all of that to make the most of the touches he gets. Otherwise he'll be yielding those touches or outright replaced sooner than later.

All things considered, don't think we could have asked for a better landing spot for Dobbins. Back with Greg Roman. New HC who loves to run and has no existing ties to other RBs on the roster. No "star" back currently on the roster. And with few, if any, "star" backs in the draft, he should have a very good shot at earning touches sooner than later if he's healthy.
I agree with this, but does anyone remember that long break away run after returning from his 2022 injury? He looked like he needed a walker on that run. Practically limping midway and towards the end of the run. Then he had the torn Achilles after that. Color me skeptical of his ability now.
The run is at the 20 second mark of this video...

The run is at the 20 second mark of this video...

Yikes

He looked better in some runs that came after that. I’m sure other people have better notes on the subject but he was clearly trending in the right direction until he tore his achilles. We shall see how he does with the chargers but I expect them to sign/draft some rookie backs.

Eta. We already know his coach likes corum and he shouldn’t demand high draft capitol. Js.

He looked better in some runs that came after that. I’m sure other people have better notes on the subject but he was clearly trending in the right direction until he tore his achilles. We shall see how he does with the chargers but I expect them to sign/draft some rookie backs.

Eta. We already know his coach likes corum and he shouldn’t demand high draft capitol. Js.
I wouldn't be sure Corum doesn't go higher than projected. He's the only top guy who has really shown he can handle big workloads. I think he could go in round 2.

Its kinda funny how Roman, Gus, and now Dobbins, have basically just switched Harbaughs.

I'm expecting Gus to be clearly ahead of Dobbins, post Achilles.

I wouldn't be sure Corum doesn't go higher than projected. He's the only top guy who has really shown he can handle big workloads. I think he could go in round 2.
I can't get past the metrics that show his tackle avoidance, which was elite in 2022, was gone in 2023.

If you draft Corum, you need him to bounce back. I hope he does, and he's in my list of guys I like, but I won't chase him like I'll chase other guys

Users who are viewing this thread