What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, BAL (1 Viewer)

Where does Gus Edwards fall in this picture. As a Dobbins owner I figured he’d be healthy and run away with the job. But that proved false.

Gus could seemingly come back after week 4 and make this a mess.

Available on many wires in my leagues without IR spots.

Where does Gus Edwards fall in this picture. As a Dobbins owner I figured he’d be healthy and run away with the job. But that proved false.

Gus could seemingly come back after week 4 and make this a mess.

Available on many wires in my leagues without IR spots.
I’d expect him to be RB2/breather.

Baltimore backs have averaged like 2.2 YPC - not exactly tough sledding to take over RB1-2 duties between Dobbins/Gus.

Thinking about rolling the dice and starting him over M. Carter.
Why? They could give Dobbins 3 -5 carries. i know FF players are gamblers at heart, but the smart play is to wait and see at least a week, even if he goes off today, which I doubt he will.

Why? They could give Dobbins 3 -5 carries. i know FF players are gamblers at heart, but the smart play is to wait and see at least a week, even if he goes off today, which I doubt he will.
I know it’s risky, but I don’t think they’re bringing him back today to give him 4 carries. He has practiced in full all week and Carter hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire.

I know it’s risky, but I don’t think they’re bringing him back today to give him 4 carries. He has practiced in full all week and Carter hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire.
I think the Ravens will handle him with kid gloves for awhile.

Carter has been pretty solid so far. No one has expected him to be a stud in his role on a bad team. I have both and waiting on Dobbins to show he’s back.

Hmm, with Drake inactive it does change the options, but I'm still inclined to leave on bench over most reasonable options to see what happens. I can just see them mixing in more Davis/Hill, despite them being clearly worse backs

Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins rushed seven times for 23 yards in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Patriots, adding two receptions for 17 additional yards.

It's no surprise that Dobbins was limited in this one after a devastating knee injury ended his 2021 season before it could even get started. Dobbins drew the start in this one, lining up alongside Lamar Jackson for the first play of the day, and hauled in a pass on his second play. Dobbins still has some rust to shake off, but he didn't appear limited on his opportunities. He should see more opportunities in Week 4 against the Bills but may need to get one more game under his belt before receiving a full workload.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said J.K. Dobbins is in "good shape" after his season debut in Week 3.​

Dobbins finally returned to the field after missing all of 2021 and the first two games of this season. While clearly on a pitch count in his return, the fact that Dobbins emerged from the game healthy is a big win for everybody. With a Week 4 matchup against the Bills now on tap, it will be interesting to see if the Ravens ramp up Dobbins' workload in his second game back. He's a boom or bust player until he proves capable of handling lead-back duties.
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Sep 26, 2022, 2:45 PM ET

J.K. Dobbins (chest) was upgraded to "full" for Thursday's practice.​

It puts Dobbins fully on track to suit up for Sunday's potential shootout with the Bills. The bigger concern remains Dobbins' recovery from his 2021 knee issue. Dobbins had an underwhelming 2022 debut in Week 3, while coach John Harbaugh started talking up Justice Hill during the week. It is difficult to trust Dobbins as more than an RB4 for the time being.
SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
Sep 29, 2022, 5:00 PM ET

J.K. Dobbins had 13 rushes for 41 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 4 loss to the Bills, adding four catches for 22 yards and another touchdown.

His workload ramped up from a week ago, when he had seven rushing attempts for 23 yards against the Patriots. Dobbins caught a deft flip from Lamar Jackson for a two-yard touchdown catch early in the first quarter following a Josh Allen interception, and operated as Baltimore's clear lead back until the fourth quarter, when Justice Hill got more involved (Hill later left the game with a leg injury). Dobbins ran tough throughout against what has been a stout Buffalo front seven. He scored his second touchdown on a short carry. The Ravens seemed to trust him with a larger role, which could be great news for his rest-of-season fantasy prospects. Dobbins should be in the RB2 conversation for Week 5 against the Bengals.

- NBCSportsEDGE

J.K. Dobbins rushed seven times for 15 yards in the Ravens' Week 6 loss to the Giants.

Despite drawing the start, Dobbins was absent for most of Sunday's game against the Giants. Head coach John Harbaugh said after the game that Dobbins' knee "tightened up," suggesting that it may not have responded properly to the turf at MetLife Stadium. From a fantasy perspective, there's not much to take away here. Dobbins' status will be one to monitor in the coming week as the Ravens prepare for their Week 7 matchup against the Browns. Even if Dobbins is active, the team could put him on a pitch count as he still works his way back from last season's torn ACL.

- NBCSportsEDGE

J.K. Dobbins was held out of the second half in the Ravens' 24-20 loss to the New York Giants in Week 6.
Dobbins had seven carries for 15 yards with about 11 minutes left in the first half but didn't see another carry after that.
"His knee tightened up. It just didn't respond, probably to the turf maybe, I don't know," Head Coach John Harbaugh said. "But it tightened up and he couldn't go."
Kenyan Drake ripped off a 30-yard touchdown run to cap the second-quarter drive Dobbins was still involved in. After that, Drake continued to carry the load and finished with 119 rushing yards on just 10 carries.
Drake said Dobbins, who was playing in his fourth game since last year's major knee injury, was helping him from the sideline.

"Like Harbaugh said, I felt like the knee didn't really respond well to the turf or whatever," Drake said.
"It's always next man up mentality. He was in my ear being my biggest cheerleader in that sense because we're all brothers at the end of the day. Hopefully he can continue to get that knee right."
Dobbins has gotten stronger with each game, but the artificial turf at MetLife Stadium is known for being harder on players' bodies.

If you are a Dobbins owner and Gus is available go get him asap - concerned is an understatement at this point.
Actually Drake is the shark move here,Gus is in the same injury boat as Dobbins
Drake doing well should tell you everything you need to know about the potential of an RB in that offense. Gus Edwards could be a legit RB2 for the rest of season once he's activated.

If you are a Dobbins owner and Gus is available go get him asap - concerned is an understatement at this point.
Drake doing well should tell you everything you need to know about the potential of an RB in that offense. Gus Edwards could be a legit RB2 for the rest of season once he's activated.
but.....he`s coming off the same type of injury as Dobbins so why would he do better than Dobbins?

Drake is healthy

but.....he`s coming off the same type of injury as Dobbins so why would he do better than Dobbins?

Drake is healthy
Completely fair - but unlike Dobbins it looks like Gus took his time to heal. Dobbins started practicing on it in August which looks way to soon in hindsight. Im thinking the extra time helped Gus - Im also figuring Drake is not as available as Gus is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread