What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, Free Agent (5 Viewers)

Yeah. Keep trying to buy low in dynasty. He’ll break out eventually as the man but it might be 2022. Next year it’s probably 3 guys and Lamar if that’s any solace!
2022 ?? There might not be a world by 2022. I’m not waiting that long. These 2, 3, and 4 man backfields are getting frustrating. They consume 75 percent of the league. Gotta find the 25 percent that aren’t. 

2022 ?? There might not be a world by 2022. I’m not waiting that long. These 2, 3, and 4 man backfields are getting frustrating. They consume 75 percent of the league. Gotta find the 25 percent that aren’t. 
You’d be the guy I’m hoping to buy from then!

J.K. Dobbins rushed 11 times for 94 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 13 win over the Cowboys.

The Ravens had their way with the Cowboys, particularly with the Dallas linebacker group that was constantly misdiagnosing their run fits and zone coverage defense. Dobbins looked explosive between the tackles and found the end zone in the fourth quarter to top off his fantasy stat line. Unfortunately, the rookie didn't have the backfield to himself like he did before going on the COVID-19 list. It's unclear if missing practice played into that or if the Ravens want to mix in all of their running backs. Dobbins has an RB2 ceiling during the fantasy playoffs if Mark Ingram (6 carries) and Gus Edwards (7 carries) take more of a backseat. Dobbins belongs on the RB2/3 border against the Browns in Week 14.

Dec 8, 2020, 10:55 PM ET

Who is rolling w him this week and being a Monday game are we concerned of extra risk of covid tests before game?

Who is rolling w him this week and being a Monday game are we concerned of extra risk of covid tests before game?
Since the Ravens were already decimated with COVID a few weeks ago, and Dobbins himself was positive IIRC, that's a minimal concern for me at this point.  

Sitting him this week, just got better options.  If I was sure he would get a min 15 carriers, I probably start him.

Yeah mines 0.5 PPR. Thanks for your input. Everywhere I look has them rated differently.
Hunt hasn't done much in quite awhile and his early season TD rate was unsustainable.  Not sure why is yards per carry has gone down so much. Dobbins is hard to watch bc they rotate RBs so often, but at the end of the game, Dobbins ends up out snapping and put touching the other two significantly. I think Edwards is underrated as a runner, but Dobbins has more game breaking ability. I am not favored this week and will most likely need Dobbin's ceiling. 

Just checking in to say that four RBs from the rookie class look utterly dynamic, and only Dobbins isn't getting his shot now. I personally think that from a "team" point of view, it's actually holding back the Ravens not to make him more of the man, but that's just me. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking in to say that four RBs from the rookie class look utterly dynamic, and only Dobbins isn't getting his shot now. I personally think that from a "team" point of view, it's actually holding back the Ravens not to make him more of the man, but that's just me. 
Unfortunately I don’t see it changing too much without an injury. The lack of work in the passing game for the RBs sucks too. A Lamar injury would probably be the best one 😬😬

Unfortunately I don’t see it changing too much without an injury. The lack of work in the passing game for the RBs sucks too. A Lamar injury would probably be the best one 😬😬
I would agree, but being on the cusp of not making the playoffs will do awfully funny things to a coach and team. The Ravens right now are on that cusp. If I had to gamble on one outcome or the other, I'd bet on more Dobbins touches, but I could be wrong. Just trying to suss out the tea leaves from both situation and talent right now. Sometimes there's stuff behind the scenes we don't know about, or Xs and Os reasons not apparent to the average fan like myself.

So who knows? Layman's eyes says let him run. 

Hopefully he looks good tonight and then maybe I’ll use him next week vs Jacksonville in the semis.  Hopefully he gets the mop up time next week. 

Once again, he looks great but limited usage and ZERO passing game attempts. Quite possibly the worst team to own a RB in fantasy. 

J.K. Dobbins rushed 13 times for 53 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 14 win over the Browns.

Following a Tyus Bowser interception in the third quarter where he was tackled at the one-yard line, Dobbins punched in the touchdown from the goal line. His 13 carries led the team over Lamar Jackson (9) and Gus Edwards (7) while Mark Ingram didn't touch the ball. Dobbins wasn't targeted in the passing game. Dobbins has double-digit carries in five of the last six games and has a rushing score in three straight. He'll be an upside RB2 for Week 15 against the Jaguars.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:10 AM ET

I have both Dobbins and Edwards.  The good news to me is that Ingram is a complete non-factor.  It's a two headed backfield behind Lamar and Dobbins is going to get more looks.

I have both Dobbins and Edwards.  The good news to me is that Ingram is a complete non-factor.  It's a two headed backfield behind Lamar and Dobbins is going to get more looks.
Although nothing to look at in the box score it was Great to see Dobbins in for that final drive with playoff hopes on the line. 

It's a two headed backfield behind Lamar and Dobbins is going to get more looks.

the problem for me is, this will still look very much like a 3 way RBBC... 

love dobbins' talent a ton but his path to 20+ touches in a game (and 300+ touches in 2021) is narrow.

It would take some stones, but I could see owners winning their playoff matchup this week with both Edwards and Dobbins in their starting lineup. 

the problem for me is, this will still look very much like a 3 way RBBC... 

love dobbins' talent a ton but his path to 20+ touches in a game (and 300+ touches in 2021) is narrow.
That is a hefty milestone to shoot for.   There are only a few RB's that get into that range every year.  For this year there are only 2 guys currently at 300+ touches (Henry & Cook) and only three more (Zeke, Robinson,  Jacobs) that even have a shot.  They would need to average about 10-18 touches a game over the last three games to get there so barring injury they should do it but there won't be any others (Kamara is the next closest and he needs 70 more touches).

That is a hefty milestone to shoot for.   There are only a few RB's that get into that range every year.  For this year there are only 2 guys currently at 300+ touches (Henry & Cook) and only three more (Zeke, Robinson,  Jacobs) that even have a shot.  They would need to average about 10-18 touches a game over the last three games to get there so barring injury they should do it but there won't be any others (Kamara is the next closest and he needs 70 more touches).

no doubt it is high. only 9 guys got there last year and that's probably about normal. it does take a combination of workload + health. but i was speaking more from a per game perspective, really.

You’re probably hoping for 2019 Ingram usage. About 200 carries and 30 targets in 15 games. Dobbins has the tools to be a better receiver so maybe the targets go up to 40. And second year Dobbins is probably better than Ingram last year. However his running mate of 4th year Gus will also be better than 2nd year Gus. The OL should absolutely maul with Stanley and Boyle hopefully recovered and Lamar is like having an extra 1.5 blockers in. 220/1150 with 30/250 seems plausible.

Once again, he looks great but limited usage and ZERO passing game attempts. Quite possibly the worst team to own a RB in fantasy. 
So frustrating that Lamar never looks to the flats to see if RB is open. He only looks at middle of field, and if nothing is open then he takes off for a QB run. Does Lamar not get any coaching ?

You’re probably hoping for 2019 Ingram usage. About 200 carries and 30 targets in 15 games. Dobbins has the tools to be a better receiver so maybe the targets go up to 40. And second year Dobbins is probably better than Ingram last year. However his running mate of 4th year Gus will also be better than 2nd year Gus. The OL should absolutely maul with Stanley and Boyle hopefully recovered and Lamar is like having an extra 1.5 blockers in. 220/1150 with 30/250 seems plausible.
These numbers look pretty reasonable to me. Throw in 9-11 TDs and you have yourself a solid RB2 with upside. 

Users who are viewing this thread