What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB J.K. Dobbins, Free Agent (8 Viewers)

I’m trying not to panic here just yet - was this an accidental slip from Lamar Jackson or was this a deliberate accident in an effort to plant misinformation out there?
That was totally an accidental slip big time.

Go grab davis or drake if you can
Drake is still available in most of my leagues. I. Thinking everyone thinks the assumption is it’s Mike Davis.

I have Gus Edwards on IR. He’s my sneaky dark horse.
I kind of assumed Edwards was out too, but haven't really looked into that.

Drake is more owned than Mike Davis in my leagues.

Mike Davis looked like a monster on the pass protection in preseason. Otherwise, he looked like Mike Davis running the ball.

I’m trying not to panic here just yet - was this an accidental slip from Lamar Jackson or was this a deliberate accident in an effort to plant misinformation out there?
Lamar is clearly trying to destroy the Ravens from the inside. Between this 'slip' and the contract situation, he's really jamming them up.
His genius is no one realizes this yet.

So who is the play? Mike Davis or Drake? Both are free to pick up right now and trying to figure out who is the better play.

I considered Dobbins a week 3 or 4 start anyway. It's what he does the rest of the way that I want. Angry running for a new contract.
Same here. The fact he started camp on the PUP list worried me and in my dynasty league I drafted based on the fact he MIGHT miss a game or two at the beginning. When he does come back, watch out!

Drake would be my guess. Might put him in the flex over Hines this week
Everything I've read leans towards Davis. Why do you say Drake? Do you think he'll have the playbook memorized enough and be ready the first two games of the season to be the lead back?

Drake would be my guess. Might put him in the flex over Hines this week
Everything I've read leans towards Davis. Why do you say Drake? Do you think he'll have the playbook memorized enough and be ready the first two games of the season to be the lead back?
Just that he's a better player than Davis with the chance to make some splash plays. Just a guess though.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports J.K. Dobbins' (knee) Week 1 status is expected to be decided Friday.​

The word comes from coach John Harbaugh himself. Reading between the lines, Dobbins has seemed on the wrong side of questionable, and the injury report dictates that the Ravens are honest on Friday. We would not be surprised to see an early rule out. In that event, Rapsheet has reported that Kenyan Drake is expected to be the "de facto starter" whenever Dobbins misses time, but we know Mike Davis will also have something to say about that. Stay tuned.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 8, 2022, 2:03 PM ET

Dobbins isn't ready, isn't playing. Drake just got there. Davis has been there since early May, and by all local accounts has looked great. I'm sure Drake will get some share of snaps and touches, because the odds of 1RB taking 100% of the work are non-existent, Gus definitely isn't playing, and Justice Hill probably isn't either, and that's the entire RB room at this time. Plus, with Drake just joining the Team recently, it's logical that they would want to get him meaningful reps during live bullets.

Sharps are betting the under in this game (+/- 45), Davis, not Drake, is the hammer, the bludgeon, the cudgel, and if this game goes as projected (sorry, Jetsguys), and they jump out to a 2-score lead at some point, on the road, against a Team they should beat, there's no reason they won't use him to pummel the Jets into submission while draining the clock.

JMHO

Dobbins isn't ready, isn't playing. Drake just got there. Davis has been there since early May, and by all local accounts has looked great. I'm sure Drake will get some share of snaps and touches, because the odds of 1RB taking 100% of the work are non-existent, Gus definitely isn't playing, and Justice Hill probably isn't either, and that's the entire RB room at this time. Plus, with Drake just joining the Team recently, it's logical that they would want to get him meaningful reps during live bullets.

Sharps are betting the under in this game (+/- 45), Davis, not Drake, is the hammer, the bludgeon, the cudgel, and if this game goes as projected (sorry, Jetsguys), and they jump out to a 2-score lead at some point, on the road, against a Team they should beat, there's no reason they won't use him to pummel the Jets into submission while draining the clock.

JMHO

agree with your points but didn’t lev bell and the guy from saints pretty much go straight into lineup?

JMHO
I agree that Davis is the banger. The problem is that he tends to also be the bangee.

Is it the same Davis that was HORRIBLE with the Falcons? Or is it the Davis from his time with the Panthers…..Maybe somewhere in between? I think Drake takes 40-45% as early as this week if Dobbins is out.

guys, watch the fantasy doctors on Youtube. they've been all over this. no way you should have drafted Dobbins to begin with! he's cooked before he gets going. Vikings looking to trade Mattison maybe just maybe he goes to Balt?
gotta watch the fantasy doctors the updates are a number of times daily. they're on top of it all.thank me later.

guys, watch the fantasy doctors on Youtube. they've been all over this. no way you should have drafted Dobbins to begin with! he's cooked before he gets going. Vikings looking to trade Mattison maybe just maybe he goes to Balt?
gotta watch the fantasy doctors the updates are a number of times daily. they're on top of it all.thank me later.
But then I have to watch The Fantasy Doctor speak.

Thanks for telling us before we drafted him

Same guys who called a torn ACL on Wilson?

I am from Baltimore and follow the Ravens. Pretty obvious the Dobbins is not going to play. I see this happening in Week 1 with the Ravens RB situation. Mike Davis will get the start , but Drake will also carry the ball , For fantasy this situation is not ideal at all to use either Davis or Drake. Also throw in the face that Lamar Jackson will most likely run with the football several times as well. Stay away from the Ravens RB's.

J.K. Dobbins (knee) is questionable for Week 1 against the Jets.​

Dobbins was limited again in Friday's practice. It's evident he's not yet 100% off his ACL surgery, but Dobbins has been adamant all summer about being ready for the opener, even if all the reports haven't been as optimistic. Even if Dobbins does play, he can't be trusted in fantasy lineups. Should he sit, Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis would be the backfield tandem.
Sep 9, 2022, 3:37 PM ET

Dobbins was limited again in Friday's practice. It's evident he's not yet 100% off his ACL surgery, but Dobbins has been adamant all summer about being ready for the opener, even if all the reports haven't been as optimistic. Even if Dobbins does play, he can't be trusted in fantasy lineups. Should he sit, Kenyan Drake and Mike Davis would be the backfield tandem.
Even for some odd reason he does suit up and play he is only going to get a few touches. I am almost certain he is not playing and it is going to be a committee back of Davis, Drake, and Hill.

Even for some odd reason he does suit up and play he is only going to get a few touches. I am almost certain he is not playing and it is going to be a committee back of Davis, Drake, and Hill.
As the season goes on if he gets right I expect him to take over that backfield.

It will be some sort of committee regardless, but the Ravens know what they have in him.

And it’s an ACL, so I don’t expect a drop-off from when he was last 100%.

It just won’t be week 1.

I wouldn’t blow this one out of proportion - this isn’t Cam Akers and when he’s a full go, I’m putting him in both lineups where I drafted him.

Just not this week.

As the season goes on if he gets right I expect him to take over that backfield.

It will be some sort of committee regardless, but the Ravens know what they have in him.

It just won’t be week 1.

I wouldn’t blow this one out of proportion - this isn’t Cam Akers and when he’s a full go, I’m putting him in both lineups where I drafted him.

Just not this week.
You're correct, he is going to take over once he is fully healthy and he should be a very good RB. Dobbins is much stronger than Akers for one thing. He will be fine once he is at 100%. I would say by week 3 or 4 he will be there.

It just won’t be week 1.

Just not this week.
You're correct, he is going to take over once he is fully healthy and he should be a very good RB. Dobbins is much stronger than Akers for one thing. He will be fine once he is at 100%. I would say by week 3 or 4 he will be there.
3 straight days of practice, even limited, sounds like he’s probably a go by week 2, and yeah - full strength by week 3, maybe 4. I think he’ll return 5th round ADP value if he gives owners 13-14 weeks of FF RB2 production or better.

It just won’t be week 1.

Just not this week.
3 straight days of practice, even limited, sounds like he’s probably a go by week 2, and yeah - full strength by week 3, maybe 4. I think he’ll return 5th round ADP value if he gives owners 13-14 weeks of FF RB2 production or better.
That is the way I am thinking.

Hopefully but sometimes the first year back can be a letdown. He may be playing significant snaps by week 4 but will he have his full burst back?

Hopefully but sometimes the first year back can be a letdown. He may be playing significant snaps by week 4 but will he have his full burst back?
I think he could. He’s had a slower recovery than expected, but some of it is gaining confidence in the knee, from what I’ve read of ACL recovery.

I think he could. He’s had a slower recovery than expected, but some of it is gaining confidence in the knee, from what I’ve read of ACL recovery.
I'm skeptical. The video a week or so ago of him walking gingerly on his knee after a drill didn't give me any more assurance. To me, the winds are strongly blowing in the wrong direction.

Many times people are physically healed but mentally they still have the injury in their mind
Once they get going and playing some, getting hit and seeing it is fine then mentally they are 100% back

Usually the mental lags the physical recovery

The video a week or so ago of him walking gingerly on his knee after a drill didn't give me any more assurance. To me, the winds are strongly blowing in the wrong direction.
And I’m skeptical of that video - I’ve now seen it with 3 different descriptions providing the narrative. One was as you describe. Another said he looked good on agility drills, and quick on his burst runs, but was limping a little bit afterwards. The 3rd just said he was involved at practice.

I’m reserving judgement until I see him play. Hopefully that’s soon.

I am from the Baltimore area and the Ravens and Harbaugh have always been hush on injuries. Just recently in a practice interview Lamar Jackson was asked about Dobbin and he sort of leaked he was coming along really well and he should be ready in a few weeks. This caused a huge stir in the area because like everyone else people were thinking he would be playing this week. That does not look like the case or if he does which I doubt it will be very limited. He will not be back until he is completely ready.

I'm bullish on him. Balitmore's run offense is so good with all he attention that Lamar draws. He'll be back sooner than later, these players shake off ACL tears like they're nothing nowadays.

And I’m skeptical of that video - I’ve now seen it with 3 different descriptions providing the narrative. One was as you describe. Another said he looked good on agility drills, and quick on his burst runs, but was limping a little bit afterwards. The 3rd just said he was involved at practice.

I’m reserving judgement until I see him play. Hopefully that’s soon.
I don’t need a description. He put weight on his knee and it seemed to give out. That’s not good. Also he’s been hostile on Twitter to people mentioning he might go on IR or not be ready. I don’t really love that either. Seems like something there hit a raw spot. I’m worried.

Users who are viewing this thread